Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam Treloar to the Dogs revisted

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Is Treloar any chance to follow Dunkley? Concerns about Brisbane's trade capital aside, his partner went to QLD as well
    Netball season is only 12 weeks , so really no big deal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The Hawthorn allegations are just that at the moment, let's see if there is anything of substance. But the Treloar situation is now verified and is an actual incident of deplorable player management practices (so it makes you wonder about the Hawthorn allegations!). Firstly, the Collingwood club mucking up on managing to the cap and then seeking to cover its tracks by concocting and actively promulgating stories to blame the selected player for the inevitable salary offload.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Port Adelaide is a good example of the path I would like us to take. A few seasons ago they traded away Wingard and accumulated 3 picks in the top 20. They targeted Rozee, Butters and Duursma.

I believe with our current list, we have the ability to rejuvenate and energise our list with quality youth. Tallers take time but young mids have the ability to come in and contribute straight away. We don't need to replace Dunkley immediately, there are a number of wing / half forward types that can play on the outside while they develop.

You only need to see the impact of someone such as Weightman can have. Performance aside it's clear to see the energy and enthusiasm he adds that I think our list could really benefit from.

There's a lot of quality types within the teens that could meet that criteria.

5. Likes GVGjr, Mofra, bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Port Adelaide is a good example of the path I would like us to take. A few seasons ago they traded away Wingard and accumulated 3 picks in the top 20. They targeted Rozee, Butters and Duursma.

I believe with our current list, we have the ability to rejuvenate and energise our list with quality youth. Tallers take time but young mids have the ability to come in and contribute straight away. We don't need to replace Dunkley immediately, there are a number of wing / half forward types that can play on the outside while they develop.

You only need to see the impact of someone such as Weightman can have. Performance aside it's clear to see the energy and enthusiasm he adds that I think our list could really benefit from.

There's a lot of quality types within the teens that could meet that criteria.
    We're a chance if we manage to take two picks in the teens to draft this year, and another pick in the 20s.
    Given we're taking Jones, potentially Lobb and perhaps even Tomlinson this year we should load up at the draft. Harsh but I would not be offering a new deal to Martin or Mitch Wallis, to free up list spots.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes josie, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We're a chance if we manage to take two picks in the teens to draft this year, and another pick in the 20s.
    Given we're taking Jones, potentially Lobb and perhaps even Tomlinson this year we should load up at the draft. Harsh but I would not be offering a new deal to Martin or Mitch Wallis, to free up list spots.
    I don't think it's harsh, I think it's realistic. Neither Wallis nor Martin should play at AFL level next year, so why waste a list spot on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I don't think it's harsh, I think it's realistic. Neither Wallis nor Martin should play at AFL level next year, so why waste a list spot on them.
    100%.

Part of finding new talent is embracing the churn, and keeping blokes you don't intend to play ever is certainly not that.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    The club that does this well is Hawthorn.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The club that does this well is Hawthorn.
    ...perhaps too well
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

12. Likes hujsh liked this post