Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  87
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Confirmed Trades 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yeah honestly feel like Brisbane still have another 3 or 4 trades in them.

I showed previously that they are good and active traders. They aren't Dodoro and generally act in good faith
    Agree TD, they've committed to the player and won't want to burn bridges.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

When they traded for Neale this is what they did.

Started that year with 5, 24, 43 and 62. By the end of it they had picked up Lincoln McCarthy, Neale and Marcus Adams but lost Beams and Sam Mayes. Then selected 5 players in the draft before pick 55!

In total they made 7 trades, lots of time left for them.

Not sure we will get exactly what we want but gws seconder rounder is close to a late 1st

3. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So next years first and GWS 2nd this year? Sorry TD that is a garbage return.

5. Likes chef, Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane's GWS Second Rounder has already gone to GCS.

Right now, this afternoon, the best offer is 2023 First and a player.

Which player...?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Brisbane's GWS Second Rounder has already gone to GCS.

Right now, this afternoon, the best offer is 2023 First and a player.

Which player...?
    Roger Merett

Post Thanks / Like

I think the offer will be 2023 First Round and an early 2022 Second Round.

Surely we scoff at that.
    W00F!

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I think the offer will be 2023 First Round and an early 2022 Second Round.

Surely we scoff at that.
    I agree. For me it's now down to the player. Either coming to us directly, or traded to another for a First Rounder added to us and we work out the finer details.

The debate needs to be, who that player is worthy of a first round pick if in a stand alone trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. For me it's now down to the player. Either coming to us directly, or traded to another for a First Rounder added to us and we work out the finer details.

The debate needs to be, who that player is worthy of a first round pick if in a stand alone trade.
    It's a good question. There's no obvious answer.

Brisbane want to win NOW. Trading Rayner, Bailey and probably even Payne goes against that.

Who's realistically left that we or others may be interested in? Robertson (more likely to goto WCE) and Lohmann.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    So next years first and GWS 2nd this year? Sorry TD that is a garbage return.
    No, as i said they still have lots of time and also have another 40 players to make it work

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Long and a F4th round pick to the Suns for #32 this year
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's a good question. There's no obvious answer.

Brisbane want to win NOW. Trading Rayner, Bailey and probably even Payne goes against that.

Who's realistically left that we or others may be interested in? Robertson (more likely to goto WCE) and Lohmann.
    No we are cooking. This is the debate now. Remember sometimes when a club taps you on the shoulder unexpectedly, the offence taken leads to go anyway. See Ryan Burton at Hawthorn as an example who didn’t see it coming, but made the move to Port after Clarkson tapped him on the shoulder.

Let’s start at Rayner, Bailey and Payne and work back if we have to. To get something good, you’ve got to give something good. Brisbane thinks he’s great for 6 X $750,000. Deep down they know something has to give.

Post Thanks / Like

Let’s start at Rayner, Bailey and Payne and work back if we have to. To get something good, you’ve got to give something good. Brisbane thinks he’s great for 6 X $750,000. Deep down they know something has to give.
    At this point Brisbane won't want to trade any of their starting 18. It is more likely they will deal out a promising youngster who is not yet established but with potential. Guys like Lohmann, Wilmott, Robertson might be options. We won't be interested in any middle tier players like Mathieson, Fullerton surely.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    At this point Brisbane won't want to trade any of their starting 18. It is more likely they will deal out a promising youngster who is not yet established but with potential. Guys like Lohmann, Wilmott, Robertson might be options. We won't be interested in any middle tier players like Mathieson, Fullerton surely.
    Who do you add to the 2023 First to make the trade balanced?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I like Keidean Coleman but another they probably are unwilling to lose and he's from Brisbane (originally NT) so probably not keen on moving to Melbourne either.

Post Thanks / Like

Does adding Dunkley to their mid rotation leave sufficiently less scope for Rayner to progressively rotate through there enough for his liking?

And does Rayner's injury and sundry growing pains paint him as a little less untouchable in Brisbane's mind?

I dunno, but if it ends up being the Payne Train I say we riot.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post