Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  62
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It’s Time: Save Josh Schache

Schache is the type of player who will have a couple of years where he significantly outperforms his “norm” between ages 27-31 and ends up being a difference maker for a team that’s nearly there into a contender. Id back him in.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Schache is the type of player who will have a couple of years where he significantly outperforms his “norm” between ages 27-31 and ends up being a difference maker for a team that’s nearly there into a contender. Id back him in.
    Long term thinking, hmm interesting. But you are only half correct.

We are desperate to get Lobb. I assume they are throwing everything possible into grabbing this match winning superstar. And for good reason. We all saw him kick 4 goals against us a few weeks ago. I was there.

But let’s go back a bit, to 2019/2020.

Lobb played 32 games as a forward. In the two years he kicked a total of 23 goals. A breakdown of the performance shows:

he was goalless in 15 and scored one goal in 12.

That’s correct, in 27 games he contributed 12 goals.

In round 19 (3 years ago) , against the Dogs he had 11 possessions and 1 goal. He seems to have his best games against us.

During those same two years Schache had 16 games, kicked 26 goals and was assigned to the scrap heap.

Three years ago Schache was better than Lobb. (1.6 goals per game versus 0.7) As a forward, Possibly twice as good.

We have to look to the future but there’s nothing Schache can do to be in it.

Going back to the game at Marvel a few weeks ago. Lobb was ok. He got 4 goals from 7 possessions. He wasn’t a superstar, the Dogs were crap.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic, macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Long term thinking, hmm interesting. But you are only half correct.

We are desperate to get Lobb. I assume they are throwing everything possible into grabbing this match winning superstar. And for good reason. We all saw him kick 4 goals against us a few weeks ago. I was there.

But let’s go back a bit, to 2019/2020.

Lobb played 32 games as a forward. In the two years he kicked a total of 23 goals. A breakdown of the performance shows:

he was goalless in 15 and scored one goal in 12.

That’s correct, in 27 games he contributed 12 goals.

In round 19 (3 years ago) , against the Dogs he had 11 possessions and 1 goal. He seems to have his best games against us.

During those same two years Schache had 16 games, kicked 26 goals and was assigned to the scrap heap.

Three years ago Schache was better than Lobb. (1.6 goals per game versus 0.7) As a forward, Possibly twice as good.

We have to look to the future but there’s nothing Schache can do to be in it.

Going back to the game at Marvel a few weeks ago. Lobb was ok. He got 4 goals from 7 possessions. He wasn’t a superstar, the Dogs were crap.
    I'm not anti-Schache and not fussed if we don't get Rory but Lobb in those years was also doing a lot of ruck work. In 2019, he averaged 21 hit outs per match; Josh had 19 for the season!

6. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    I'm not anti-Schache and not fussed if we don't get Rory but Lobb in those years was also doing a lot of ruck work. In 2019, he averaged 21 hit outs per match; Josh had 19 for the season!
    True, I should have added that.