Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Yarraville Nets

Overly negative? Yes.

A bit mean? Absolutely.

Necessary? I wouldn't have thought so.

Here's my list of 10 AFL-adjacent-in-2022 flogs who I just don't like, and to whom I would like to cordially extend an invite to the Yarraville Nets:

1. De Goey. Clearly the worst person on this list. Wish he'd gone to the Saints, would have fitted right in. NETS!

2. Bailey Fritsch. A face only a mother could love, and a footballing philosophy that not even his teammates could love. Selfish, arrogant, unlikeable. NETS!

3. Gary Rohan. Only place he scores is in the physio room. Bad bloke, and all time worst grand final player. NETS!

4. Toby Greene. Even I can't believe he's only made it to fourth. Grub. NETS!

5. Kevin Sheedy/James Hird. The hubris of these two. Incredible that they're still relevant on a flog list in 2022. NETS (Sheeds, bring the wine)!

6. Tom Lynch. Private school boy "I'm better than all of you" smug prick. Can't even kick a goal from a metre out. HA! NETS!

7. Wayne Carey. Is he finally fading into footballing obscurity? Maybe for a year or two, until the boys club welcomes him back. Despicable human with no morals, and most likely ulcerative colitis from all those anti-inflammatories he's been snorting. NETS!

8. Tex Walker. He's such a big racist goofball, captain of the year, ya gotta love him!! But I don't. NETS!

9. Luke Hodge. Speaking of good blokes and captains of the century, this guy can do no wrong!!! Unless you're talking about DUIs. Or trying to decapitate opponents on point posts. Or acknowledging the systemic racism that is rampant in his football club and wider Australia. NETS!

10. Melbourne FC. "It doesn't count until we win one at the G in front of the fans". That's all they want. All the flogs - Lever, May, Spargo, Melksham, Oliver, Harmes, Goodwin, Pickett and the rest. That's all they want. A flag at the G. Hope you're waiting a loooong time to be freed from that desire. In the mean time, see you at the Nets (Melksham not invited).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Yarraville Nets

Haha gold!

It's like BOOM. ROASTED!

I'll add in a coach for that list.

John Longmire - Face like a bucket full of armpits and the most ungracious GF loser in history having a sook to the AFL after losing the GF by 4 goals. Call the Wambulance! NETS!

(hey that felt good)

Post Thanks / Like

None of them deserve the honour of the Yarraville Nets, in my view it's where - as GVGjnr's signature stated - real people go to work.

Those nets are ours, whatever's left can take the dead area of the oval.

Great list otherwise.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love your work Jazzadogs.

So what do you plan to do with your 10 flogs at the Yarraville Nets; Kiss and make up? Catch butterflies together with the nets? Tie them up and whip them with the nets (a bit of male bonding)? Catch all of them together in the netting like those jungle movies, then hang the bounty from a tree and let them slog it out? Grab a big stick and the netting and have it out with them one at a time - gladiator style?

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed you couldn't squeeze Jeremy Finlayson into your list. Well done.

8. Likes Grantysghost, jazzadogs, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will add Hardwick the biggest sook in AFL coaching. Forget Longmire's sook of 2016 GF, Hardwick sooks every week when they lose

" Oh I hate playing Marvel"

" Oh it should have been a goal" - forgetting 2 minutes to go they were still 3 points in front and lost. Must have whinged for over a week on that one and probably will for ever

Also running off with a junior staffer says it all about his character
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Grantysghost, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Days isn't gonna be able to get any work done with all these guys filing through his office.

Finlayson is definitely on the list - shushing a 'home' crowd in a final then backing it up with 1 disposal in a grand final. Might pit him against Gary Rohan and tell them it's grand final day. The fight could last days with neither landing a punch.

More nominations welcome -

Post Thanks / Like

Jazza this is your finest work.

But I have to agree with jeemak: the Yarraville Nets are where we pull our own into line, dish out WOOF discipline.

But hot damn your enthusiasm for the subject matter cannot be ignored.
    Last edited by EasternWest; 07-10-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Dayne Zorko surely qualifies. Small man syndrome, a real grub on field and his Petty comments this year were really no surprise to anyone.

Also he's just retired after fading into AFL list obscurity but Devon Smith was basically the same thing as Zorko.

Both can get stuffed.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

16. Likes bornadog, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure Devon Smith hit Cooney off the ball in an early GWS game in Canberra? But might have been one of their other thugs at the time.

Jeremy Cameron was also lucky to miss. With his attempted murder on Harris Andrews a few years back which put him in hospital with brain bleeding, and his deliberate hit on JJ, I have disliked him for a long time. Though I feel he has matured somewhat, moving back to the farm has been good for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Harry Taylor.

He deserves multiple trips to the nets.
    W00F!

19. Likes jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Harry Taylor.

He deserves multiple trips to the nets.
    Yes please, I never really had it in for Geelong until some Harry Taylor remarks sealed it for me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Like any of these guys even know where Yarraville is.

They can all absolutely get it though. I’ll add in Ben Brown, not that he’s a bad person or anything but his crimes against footy can’t continue to go unpunished and I’m pretty certain I could beat him up.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

22. Likes jazzadogs, EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Like any of these guys even know where Yarraville is.

They can all absolutely get it though. I’ll add in Ben Brown, not that he’s a bad person or anything but his crimes against footy can’t continue to go unpunished and I’m pretty certain I could beat him up.
    I dislike everything he does on-field, but a vegan feminist family-man off field - not sure the nets are for him.