Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  107
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 Jumper Numbers

7 is a special number, so hopefully Lobb will do it proud
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I was moderately against recruiting Lobb given his pedigree although I have warmed to him. But he looks pretty relaxed and happy here like the environment is suiting him and I'm pretty excited to have him on board.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I was moderately against recruiting Lobb given his pedigree although I have warmed to him. But he looks pretty relaxed and happy here like the environment is suiting him and I'm pretty excited to have him on board.
    He does seem happy enough. At the training session yesterday he mixed well with the others and was having a good laugh when Arthur Jones was shaping up to him.
    I hope he does well for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes hujsh, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rory Lobb wing.

Now we know whose playing wing in 2023.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Yep. I wouldn’t have thought any GWS player from the 2016 Prelim would ever join us either, let alone fully embrace us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobb looks great in the tricolour, as I said previously - keep the bleached scone, Rory!
    W00F!

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a fair bit of negativity to him being given the number 7 jumper on Twitter.
    Are the new jumper number allocations to the players that important to our supporters?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is a fair bit of negativity to him being given the number 7 jumper on Twitter.
    Are the new jumper number allocations to the players that important to our supporters?
    I think they’re important. I think 90% of stuff said on Twitter is inane brain cell killing bullshit that can mostly be ignored.

He was the big trade recruit. He would understand he needs to do the number justice. I’m assuming he’s confident he will. So that’s good for my thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think they’re important. I think 90% of stuff said on Twitter is inane brain cell killing bullshit that can mostly be ignored.

He was the big trade recruit. He would understand he needs to do the number justice. I’m assuming he’s confident he will. So that’s good for my thinking.
    From my perspective it doesn't worry me that much if Naughton has number 33 or 3. Yes it's a nice to have some of the higher profile numbers allocated to the emerging players but I'd hardly question the clubs motivation and intentions about it.

14. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why on earth would there be negativity?

Social media really is a cesspool.

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Twitter, Facebook are full of mugs. Let's just worry what the intelligent forces of WOOF think.

18. Likes Grantysghost, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From my perspective it doesn't worry me that much if Naughton has number 33 or 3. Yes it's a nice to have some of the higher profile numbers allocated to the emerging players but I'd hardly question the clubs motivation and intentions about it.
    I think it’s something interesting to talk about in the present, because it involves a degree of reminiscing of the past. Which is nice. But that’s it a conversation and exchange of ideas. Club motivation and intent is well beyond an overreach. But some folks, many on Twitter, just like be pissed off about something. If not this, then something else. There’s enough actual reasons over a given season to rise one’s blood pressure, but I don’t see this as one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Why on earth would their be negativity?

Social media really is a cesspool.
    I don't really know, maybe some are having a bad day.
    I get that some people might see it as a missed opportunity but to ridicule the club is a bit off the mark.

Anyway enough about Twitter

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know, maybe some are having a bad day.
    I get that some people might see it as a missed opportunity but to ridicule the club is a bit off the mark.

Anyway enough about Twitter
    And my phone typed their just to make it even worse!

Yes it's best to pretend the others you don't follow aren't there....

Post Thanks / Like

Cody has moved to number 3.

Jones back to 19?

24. Thanks bornadog, hujsh, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post