Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  273
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 membership

My pack arrived yesterday. Like the scarf! Old school.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Received my pack today

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done BAD. It was 10 consecutive years for me as a Doggies member last year. About another 40 years for me

Been a Dogs supporter since around the early 2000s.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My pack arrived yesterday. Like the scarf! Old school.
    Yep I got old school vibes with the scarf as well. I like it.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Received my pack today

Congrats Bad! Not sure that pack is special enough to be honest. I think Chris Grant should be in there at least. Or maybe next years membership for free?

I'm at 43 ! My mum is 54....She's been to both flags has to be an omen.

8. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Bad! Not sure that pack is special enough to be honest. I think Chris Grant should be in there at least. Or maybe next years membership for free?

I'm at 43 ! My mum is 54....She's been to both flags has to be an omen.
    Typo? It was 62 years between the flags.
    By the way Mums can be 21 for a long time
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Typo? It was 62 years between the flags.
    By the way Mums can be 21 for a long time
    Ha - 54 years a consecutive member. I reckon it's more but that's what she put down when they asked. She said she did have a break when she had kids.
    To my dismay she got a tattoo after the 2016 GF that says 54 - 16 Woof with the logo. She was in her 70s they are crazy times

11. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha - 54 years a consecutive member. I reckon it's more but that's what she put down when they asked. She said she did have a break when she had kids.
    To my dismay she got a tattoo after the 2016 GF that says 54 - 16 Woof with the logo. She was in her 70s they are crazy times
    I was being a tad cheeky

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you get a 50 year membership pin when you’re only 32 BAD?

Just got my pack, and a 20 year pin which has me feeling a certain way. Think it’s the nicest thing the club has ever done for me.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    How did you get a 50 year membership pin when you’re only 32 BAD?

Just got my pack, and a 20 year pin which has me feeling a certain way. Think it’s the nicest thing the club has ever done for me.
    I wish

well done on 20 years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Really disappointed ... again. I get a message that mine and my son's pack are due between 23rd and 30th December.

False promises yet again
    Got mine today Scraggers which left melb same time as yours so you should get in time for Chrissy.

18. Likes bornadog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still upset that I've pretty much been a member since the day I was born but I missed a couple seasons when I was in my 20's (young family and work commitments, I know I know its a shit excuse ) Anyway when I received my pin a few years back it was a 15 year one. So I assume it must go by consecutive years but I still feel a little aggrieved for the other say 25 or so years of being a member that somehow didn't count.

Anyway I am hoping I at least get a cap, scarf, beanie or anything with my membership pack this year when it arrives as I haven't received anything except my barcode the last couple of seasons. Actually I will write an email to them after I finish this post to sort this out.

Another thing that irked me about our membership department is that somehow my son stopped receiving a membership a couple years ago and I had it on the bulldog for life monthly payment setup thingy. My son is 22 now and doesn't have much interest in going to games too much these days so I have never pursued why they cancelled the membership, but I was happy to pay it and have a spare ticket in case anyone else wanted to come to a game with me. I'm surprised niether me or my son has ever received a call or email regarding this, strange. Maybe this is the sort of reasons why we are on the lower end of the membership ladder.

Alright enough whinging, the new scarf looks pretty! (not that I'll get one....I couldn't help myself whinging again sorry)
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Ratsmac, I agree it shouldn't really matter if a 25 year membership milestone has been spread out over 28 years other than it's probably a bit harder for the club to administer in terms of recognition.
    For example our supporters were remarkably generous during the 2 years impacted by Covid and the clock shouldn't reset for anyone who had to opt out for a year.
    I'm not knocking anyone who's achieved milestones in consecutive years as they do deserve acknowledgment and the club is lucky to have them but we also have a lot of people who have financially supported this club for the same number of years in total but they're not being acknowledged in the same way.

21. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ratsmac, I agree it shouldn't really matter if a 25 year membership milestone has been spread out over 28 years other than it's probably a bit harder for the club to administer in terms of recognition.
    For example our supporters were remarkably generous during the 2 years impacted by Covid and the clock shouldn't reset for anyone who had to opt out for a year.
    I'm not knocking anyone who's achieved milestones in consecutive years as they do deserve acknowledgment and the club is lucky to have them but we also have a lot of people who have financially supported this club for the same number of years in total but they're not being acknowledged in the same way.
    It should be been a member for 20 years. Doesn't matter what years or if they're consecutive.

If it's 5 could be 1992,98,01,03,05 who cares it's five years.

23. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I
    Another thing that irked me about our membership department is that somehow my son stopped receiving a membership a couple years ago and I had it on the bulldog for life monthly payment setup thingy.
    This happened to me as well when my daughter turned 18 (well, the year after she turned 18).

I had a family with an additional kid - and they still kept that going (I have 3x kids) - and simply discontinued her membership...so it was a bit of stuffing around to move kid 3 onto the family membership and move her onto her own membership and boy oh boy it coulda/shoulda been so much easier...and it must happen ALL the time as kids grow up.

Anyway, in the end no harm, no foul and everyone has their membership but it was as if the club actively tried to stop her from remaining a member of the club.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.