Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  273
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 membership

Yeah i got my 15 yr pin a few years ago but didn't renew with covid, now membership card says 2 yrs member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It should be been a member for 20 years. Doesn't matter what years or if they're consecutive.

If it's 5 could be 1992,98,01,03,05 who cares it's five years.
    I agree but calculating that would be an enormous challenge...I guess once the db enquiry is written it's written and it's only something you have to pay to have done once, but it certainly would not be an out-of-the-box option on a client management system.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I agree but calculating that would be an enormous challenge...I guess once the db enquiry is written it's written and it's only something you have to pay to have done once, but it certainly would not be an out-of-the-box option on a client management system.
    Trouble how do you go back and work it out
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It should be a pretty simple query to get that, agree though no one has ever done it that I know of and it would depend on them actually having that data.

Not sure there's a massive incentive in being loyal really. Should be a discount matrix.
    5 years 5 percent capped out at 10 maybe?

The certs and pins are nice but not sure it's enough of an incentive to keep rolling over.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure they asked people how long they had been members some years back because they didn't have complete records.

I answered with the year I first became a member, however I am not 100% sure if I may have missed 1 year when I was living overseas.

6. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in the same boat had to stop my membership back in the day because of a young family and a single wage back in the days when interest rates were up around the 18 to 19% range. Some things take a bigger priority.
    I'm not worried about it that's just how life goes sometimes.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    Got mine today Scraggers which left melb same time as yours so you should get in time for Chrissy.
    Mine arrived today … the membership department were true to their word
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I had 15 years of membership before I went to uni. 3 years break, and then signed up again. 27 years consecutive since finishing uni.

I’ve still got all my cardboard membership cards from years gone by (somewhere)
    WOOF Member 422

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Great News
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Good to hear Scraggers. Just in time for Christmas.

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

15. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On another thread I mentioned about the challenges of having the club training at Skinner reserve and doing the weights work over at the old Barkers cafe whilst we go about building a brighter and better club.
    It all sounds terrific but the onus is on the footy department to work around the limitations as the slow build is in progress. Who knows if it compromises our season or not.

Just before the start of the 2022 season the club contacted the various coterie groups to advise that the AFL had commenced work on a reconstruction of a couple of rooms that are used to accommodate the members. Essentially those rooms wouldn't be available and that we all would be shuffled around into other rooms for the season. As a player sponsor we would have to give up our premium seating on the wing and our seating would be around the forward flank and also move into the room normally used by the Tops Dogs and I think the Top Dogs were relocated to the Past Players room in the forward pocket. I'm not sure where the past players moved to.
    The Westerners would have moved as well. After 2 years of the footy experience being compromised by Covid we had to accept another year where we wouldn't be getting quite what we paid for. That might sound petty to some but we do have to cough up a fair bit to be a Player Sponsor, a Westerner or a Top Dog. On top of that the match day experience was very disorganised with a complicated seating process and a large membership base squeezed into a smaller room.
    Still it was just for one year so not the end of the world.

My understanding is that there is a fair chance we won't be returning to our original rooms for the 2023 season either and that again we will have to accept a fair bit less than what we pay for. Apparently the rebuild is behind schedule so they need another season.

It's not our clubs fault in fact I can fault them but it highlights to me that they, much like our footy department, have to work around the limitations of a AFL/Marvel or stadium rebuild. The AFL and the clubs get seduced by rebuilding things and they love announcing the budgets for these redevelopment projects. The problem is that they also lose their focus on the members match day experience and the way that is impacted.

I've been a player sponsor for 17 years but I'm really thinking about cancelling that and just looking for the best premium seating arrangement I can find.

As I said, it's not the clubs fault because it's out of their hands and they have to look at the other options while we patiently wait for the rebuild to be completed. For what is a very much a membership based model the AFL and clubs need to make that a success and in the process they do lose focus on the members. It's far sexier for the AFL and club excec's to show powerpoint presentations on how things will look in the future rather than deal with the more mundane day to day focus of looking after the members experience each and every season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not this club but my Nan has been a Geelong member for something like 60 years and she's considering dropping the membership since the club is kicking out everyone from the area they sit in and making them sit somewhere else.

It's pretty shitty that for all the money they rake in they can't take care of their long time members

18. Likes bornadog, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2023 Doggies member sticker proudly displayed on the back of my car. Ready for 2023 season. Go Dogs!

"Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

20. Likes Bulldog4life, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m surprised we’ve gone back to the “Through and Through” campaign (no offence TnT). I have enjoyed the media department’s work over the last couple of years. Surely we could have been a little more original.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've been a player sponsor for 17 years but I'm really thinking about cancelling that and just looking for the best premium seating arrangement I can find.

As I said, it's not the clubs fault because it's out of their hands and they have to look at the other options while we patiently wait for the rebuild to be completed.
    Communication solves every problem mate.

1/. You say it isn't the clubs fault? THEY are selling the package.
    2/. They KNOW the value of what they are offering is being degraded...do something about it.

I have 1000 members at work not 50000, but recently made a timetable change that impacted about 10 people...we had a 'unique' class offering that has been on the timetable for 10 years but really isn't being supported except by those 10x people... - after much hand wringing I decided to cancel it (it runs 3x per week - so 150x per year give or take).

Before I did that, I reached out to each of the impacted people - provided them with an extra (approx) $1000 worth of services for free in their annual membership (they were at a mid level membership of around $1800 and this pushed them up to the top level around $3K) and explained the reason for the cancel of the class etc...the extra stuff was added FIRST, not LATER as a reaction to complaints.

Is everyone happy? Umm. Probs not. But they were pretty happy to say we went out of our way to compensate them and many have been using the newly upgraded services...

I just think the club needs to be on the front foot with this stuff. Time heals all wounds obviously, but as a 'smaller' club, we need to be providing more intimate customer service...I'm frustrated reading your message because to me the premium packages should not be undercut in value in ANY WAY. Include EXTRA STUFF...an additional sponsors function per year would be CAKE as an inclusion...it wouldn't cost the club much at all and would really feel like 'something' and an acknowledgement that things haven't been as they should be...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.