Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  273
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 membership

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I just think the club needs to be on the front foot with this stuff. Time heals all wounds obviously, but as a 'smaller' club, we need to be providing more intimate customer service...I'm frustrated reading your message because to me the premium packages should not be undercut in value in ANY WAY. Include EXTRA STUFF...an additional sponsors function per year would be CAKE as an inclusion...it wouldn't cost the club much at all and would really feel like 'something' and an acknowledgement that things haven't been as they should be...
    Yes I think that's a good point.

Some form of compensation would be nice.

I hate to think they're using terms like "natural attrition " or banking on x percentage drop off during the redevelopment as a unavoidable cost they can wear.

Those x's are very loyal people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Communication solves every problem mate.

1/. You say it isn't the clubs fault? THEY are selling the package.
    2/. They KNOW the value of what they are offering is being degraded...do something about it.

I have 1000 members at work not 50000, but recently made a timetable change that impacted about 10 people...we had a 'unique' class offering that has been on the timetable for 10 years but really isn't being supported except by those 10x people... - after much hand wringing I decided to cancel it (it runs 3x per week - so 150x per year give or take).

Before I did that, I reached out to each of the impacted people - provided them with an extra (approx) $1000 worth of services for free in their annual membership (they were at a mid level membership of around $1800 and this pushed them up to the top level around $3K) and explained the reason for the cancel of the class etc...the extra stuff was added FIRST, not LATER as a reaction to complaints.

Is everyone happy? Umm. Probs not. But they were pretty happy to say we went out of our way to compensate them and many have been using the newly upgraded services...

I just think the club needs to be on the front foot with this stuff. Time heals all wounds obviously, but as a 'smaller' club, we need to be providing more intimate customer service...I'm frustrated reading your message because to me the premium packages should not be undercut in value in ANY WAY. Include EXTRA STUFF...an additional sponsors function per year would be CAKE as an inclusion...it wouldn't cost the club much at all and would really feel like 'something' and an acknowledgement that things haven't been as they should be...
    For the 2022 season, the AFL advised the clubs late that the rooms wouldn't be available and they let the coterie members know as soon as they worked out how they would try and manage around it.
    For the 2023 season, it's not 100% certain that the rooms won't be available again but it's looking likely. As soon as the club knows for sure they will let all the coterie members know. I know some of the player sponsors have assumed we will be returning to our normal digs but I suspect while they'll again be disappointed they will gut it out again. 95% of the members probably won't blink an eye.

I'm not sure how much flexibility the club has with this but I do think they've been dealt a shitty hand by the fact that whoever has project managed the upgrade of two already good rooms at Marvel can't manage the tradies to get it done on time and in particular as it seems they need another 6 months to get it completed but that is the nature of all the money being thrown at projects and infrastructure upgrades in Victoria.
    The end product, however long that takes, is apparently vastly the more important than any inconvenience to the public or in this case the paying members.

After a couple of seasons compromised by the Pandemic and then again 2022 with the rooms being closed and where we had to accept the lesser facilities I guess I'm saying that for me enough is enough of paying a premium price for coterie memberships and receiving less in return.

I can't blame the club on the AFL botching the refurbishments of a couple of rooms at Marvel that probably didn't need such a time consuming upgrade anyway.
    The newly appointed manager I was speaking to has just arrived here from the west and understood my concerns. She will let the coterie members know as soon as something is confirmed.

I'm not looking to score something extra to mix of events and facilities I get as part of the membership to compensate me and really it's just the potential seating relocation for another year that grates things for me.
    If I do cancel the the players sponsors package I'll certainly miss the people that I've typically sat with before, during and after the games that I have for many years. I could easily spend 50% less than I am and get seats close to where I'd like to be sitting.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes I think that's a good point.

Some form of compensation would be nice.

I hate to think they're using terms like "natural attrition " or banking on x percentage drop off during the redevelopment as a unavoidable cost they can wear.

Those x's are very loyal people.
    If 15 players sponsors left because of it (and it wouldn't be that high) they would be quickly replaced with new arrivals so while the club will listen intently they'll still hit their membership numbers and financial budgets.
    Where they might lose out is on the feedback they get from their surveys but once again the commentary will mainly focus on something clearly out of their control and something that was forced on them by shitty project management.
    In other words it won't be a reflection of the staff and management, nor should it be, and it will be something they can push back on the AFL who will just shrug their shoulders. They'll be spending millions on the upgrade and a few inconvenienced people will mean little to them.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If 15 players sponsors left because of it (and it wouldn't be that high) they would be quickly replaced with new arrivals so while the club will listen intently they'll still hit their membership numbers and financial budgets.
    Where they might lose out is on the feedback they get from their surveys but once again the commentary will mainly focus on something clearly out of their control and something that was forced on them by shitty project management.
    In other words it won't be a reflection of the staff and management, nor should it be, and it will be something they can push back on the AFL who will just shrug their shoulders. They'll be spending millions on the upgrade and a few inconvenienced people will mean little to them.
    I guess it depends on why you think the joint exists. To hit KPIs, or because of the members?

It ultimately comes down to values and culture.

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I guess it depends on why you think the joint exists. To hit KPIs, or because of the members?

They can sort of do both. It comes down to the way they want to interpret the numbers.
    If membership numbers increase, and it should, then the main part of the KPI's have been met so not much to look at there and if we have more members is there any real need to review what is being offered to the members?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They can sort of do both. It comes down to the way they want to interpret the numbers.
    If membership numbers increase, and it should, then the main part of the KPI's have been met so not much to look at there and if we have more members is there any real need to review what is being offered to the members?
    Besides my Bulldogs memberships (Gold Member, plus, Social Club for wife, VFL, Sutton Club, Ballarat member, AFLW Foundation and backyard contribution) I have an AFL membership and VRC membership, plus RACV Club. Besides the Bulldogs memberships, the other clubs all offered reduced membership payments, plus credits on my accounts for hospitality. Example: $100 food vouchers here and there, free second meals when booking in restaurants etc. Sounds like small stuff but I accepted it and felt the clubs were trying to compensate me for the time we had lockdowns etc. RACV even dropped payment for one year.

I think the AFL membership was discounted, plus free food plus a second meal free when booking. They even allowed the carry over of the food benefits.

With my Bulldogs memberships, yes I was happy to just give the money, but it would have been good to get something. This year we didn't even have a social club Christmas party, like precovid. With AFLW previously we had a couple of nights get together with the players, but 2022 nothing. Sometimes the small things go along way and I am sure many members would not have been happy not getting anything.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a few changes to my membership for the first time in years recently.

Have the 9 game bronze x 3 with social club attached, AFLW and Ballarat add ons.

Dropped the VFL memberships because the fixture has been awful, made enough donations for stuff I couldn’t attend. Switched my payment plan from one off to month to month as it kept coming in Nov/Dec when I can’t really just drop 2k or whatever my previous spend was.

All done over the phone, very quick service and good explanations of my options.

11. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Besides my Bulldogs memberships (Gold Member, plus, Social Club for wife, VFL, Sutton Club, Ballarat member, AFLW Foundation and backyard contribution) I have an AFL membership and VRC membership, plus RACV Club. Besides the Bulldogs memberships, the other clubs all offered reduced membership payments, plus credits on my accounts for hospitality. Example: $100 food vouchers here and there, free second meals when booking in restaurants etc. Sounds like small stuff but I accepted it and felt the clubs were trying to compensate me for the time we had lockdowns etc. RACV even dropped payment for one year.

I think the AFL membership was discounted, plus free food plus a second meal free when booking. They even allowed the carry over of the food benefits.

With my Bulldogs memberships, yes I was happy to just give the money, but it would have been good to get something. This year we didn't even have a social club Christmas party, like precovid. With AFLW previously we had a couple of nights get together with the players, but 2022 nothing. Sometimes the small things go along way and I am sure many members would not have been happy not getting anything.
    I recall the club offered membership refunds during COVID when we couldn’t attend games. What else would have you preferred?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

Majority of members and supporters are pretty happy to see healthy profits and revenue year on year, so KPIs are important.

Below is from the club’s website on why we exist

Fiercely proud of our uniquely Western Suburbs heritage – the Bulldogs have represented Melbourne’s West, our geographic heartland, for over 100 years.

Our famous Bulldog fighting spirit mirrors that of the West – where hard work and standing up for what you believe in matters.

We are the team of the Mighty West, for the West, and that was reflected in the tale of our club for many years.

However, our story is no longer only defined by where we come from. Our horizons have lifted, unprecedented opportunities await, and with that there is a moment in time to evolve.

While some things change, some stay the same.

Our Club still exists to bring people together and create lasting memories, as much as it strives to win premierships. It’s still about our people, and their shared passion for the red, white and blue. It’s still about ambition, pride, determination, and having a place to call home. We’ll always be entrenched in our community, embracing the beauty and strength in its diversity.

With emerging AFL and AFLW playing lists laden with talent, our financial destiny in our own hands, and a redevelopment of our Whitten Oval home underway, we can now take this moment to change the perception of being a ‘battler’ Club forever.

To realise our untapped potential, to pay homage to our past but to not let it define us going forward. To build a sustainable, successful football club, both on and off the field.

And it all starts with a story. Our story.

A story for us to embrace, own, and share.

A story that encompasses our past, present and future.

It’s the story of what it means to be a Bulldog ‘Through & Through’.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/a...gh-and-through
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, get ****ed
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

17. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Awww, get ****ed
    The price of loyalty.

Post Thanks / Like

So being a bulldog for life doesnt have the best perks
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So being a bulldog for life doesnt have the best perks
    Not a good marketing move

Seems gone early with a sale. Maybe membership figures are down.

21. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a good marketing move

Seems gone early with a sale. Maybe membership figures are down.
    The fact that the club has not mentioned or published the figures does seem to suggest it. If they were up the club would be bragging about it.