Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  273
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 membership

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So being a bulldog for life doesnt have the best perks
    Any? Aside from spreading out payments that is.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Any? Aside from spreading out payments that is.
    It's like having your mortgage with a bank and them offering a super interest rate deal to new customers only. You: am I a joke to you?

Problem here is you can't switch clubs.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not a good marketing move

Seems gone early with a sale. Maybe membership figures are down.
    Perhaps but it isn't a good message to send to the members who have already parted with their money without some context.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    The fact that the club has not mentioned or published the figures does seem to suggest it. If they were up the club would be bragging about it.
    When a club starts to make the membership numbers less visible to their members I think it's hard for them to justify the reason why they would do that.

If the numbers are down they should say it and there will be some that chip in a bit extra to help.
    If the numbers are up it's a good news story that should be acknowledged.

Hiding them in any way is not a good thing and could lead to other poor decisions.

Putting a 2 week special on the table without the context behind it being shared will alienate some members.

I don't think the club has been in tune with the grassroots members for a while and my recent dealings with them have been pleasant but less than satisfactory. This season is the first, and hopefully the last, time I'm actually not that proud of being a member of the club.

6. Likes josie, N/A, Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This season is the first, and hopefully the last, time I'm actually not that proud of being a member of the club.
    Very harsh
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Very harsh
    In what sense is it harsh? Are you questioning or suggesting how I should feel?
    I got the membership pack a couple of weeks ago and haven't opened it yet.

9. Likes Stevo, Jasper, N/A, Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It's like having your mortgage with a bank and them offering a super interest rate deal to new customers only. You: am I a joke to you?

Problem here is you can't switch clubs.
    SO...what do you want them to do???

I guess I can sort of see the point everyone is making here but EVERYONE who offers a subscription based service will from time-to-time make offers that provide short-term benefits to new or returning members over and above 'existing' members.

I know that I do it at the gym from time to time and whilst on occasion I get a "Why can't I get that deal", ultimately subscription based businesses are a 'the more the merrier' (to an extent) and having some new people in who pay less for a SHORT TIME does generally benefit those who have been loyal throughout.

I guess my overall point would be: If you were happy with the deal you had yesterday (before you saw this new offer), then NOTHING has actually changed except a feeling of FOMO you are getting. The price you were happy to pay is still the price you are paying...it isn't like you have been double charged or anything like that.

Is there a benefit to the B4L program? I don't know - I do it for convenience but as I have explained here in the past it is problematic when the kids turn 18 and memberships get terminated seemingly at random and without notification...but outside of that it really is just about convenience.

To anyone who feels aggrieved, I get it - but remember, if you were happy with your deal yesterday, that deal is STILL THE SAME. And when you are sitting in your seat at Marvel watching Bont go crazy it is still gonna feel like great value.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes bornadog, Stevo, Jasper, N/A, Dogs 24/7, Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I don't think the club has been in tune with the grassroots members for a while and my recent dealings with them have been pleasant but less than satisfactory.
    I totally agree with this statement.

13. Likes Stevo, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I guess I can sort of see the point everyone is making here but EVERYONE who offers a subscription based service will from time-to-time make offers that provide short-term benefits to new or returning members over and above 'existing' members.

I know that I do it at the gym from time to time and whilst on occasion I get a "Why can't I get that deal", ultimately subscription based businesses are a 'the more the merrier'
    Early membership sign ups underpins our whole effort and late deals could erode that. I doubt it was a hasty decision but the lack of context behind us opening up a 2 weeks deal is something that the membership manager and whoever else agreed to this should consider. Share the reasons why we thought it was needed would help members understand. Communication is the key.

15. Likes Stevo, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that I do it at the gym from time to time and whilst on occasion I get a "Why can't I get that deal", ultimately subscription based businesses are a 'the more the merrier' (to an extent) and having some new people in who pay less for a SHORT TIME does generally benefit those who have been loyal throughout.

I guess my overall point would be: If you were happy with the deal you had yesterday (before you saw this new offer), then NOTHING has actually changed except a feeling of FOMO you are getting. The price you were happy to pay is still the price you are paying...it isn't like you have been double charged or anything like that.

Is there a benefit to the B4L program? I don't know - I do it for convenience but as I have explained here in the past it is problematic when the kids turn 18 and memberships get terminated seemingly at random and without notification...but outside of that it really is just about convenience.

To anyone who feels aggrieved, I get it - but remember, if you were happy with your deal yesterday, that deal is STILL THE SAME. And when you are sitting in your seat at Marvel watching Bont go crazy it is still gonna feel like great value.
    Include current members in special offers? I'm sorry,I didn't realise my response was obtuse.

Edit: I should add that PERSONALLY I don't care, my membership is fine for my purposes and I regard it as a donation, but I understand why others feel aggrieved about it.

17. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Include current members in special offers? I'm sorry,I didn't realise my response was obtuse.

Edit: I should add that PERSONALLY I don't care, my membership is fine for my purposes and I regard it as a donation, but I understand why others feel aggrieved about it.
    Yeah - I sort of get it but if you buy a car for $10K and are happy, then the fact it goes on sale for $9K two weeks later really SHOULDN'T impact your thinking. You were happy with the deal you got so you signed up - fair value. The price has dropped - OK - but happy is happy...move on.

This is the same thing. Like I said, there's a bit of "I missed out, it isn't fair" (as did I btw) but since I was happy before I knew about this new special I'm still happy now.

If you are asking the club to undo all of the memberships that people have signed up for - and last i checked there were no standover tactics being used in the sale of memberships and everyone signed up of their own free will - and give them extra stuff for no cost, well...I don't think that's reasonable.

Do I think they have been WAY out of touch with the members over the past 3+ seasons. YES - YES I do and I have posted to this point consistently. But if we are saying they can't offer a short term membership special without retrospectively changing every contract they have already sold/set up, I just think that's unfair.

19. Likes Stevo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am happy with the reoccurring membership payments, but what I don't understand is why have the club gone early with the promotion. Agree with MJP on offers and promotions, but seems a little early to do so. Smacks of a little desperation to get more members.

Traditionally, our members are slow off the mark to re-sign, so maybe they are trying to get those guys to sign up earlier?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do I think they have been WAY out of touch with the members over the past 3+ seasons. YES - YES I do and I have posted to this point consistently. But if we are saying they can't offer a short term membership special without retrospectively changing every contract they have already sold/set up, I just think that's unfair.
    I agree and it's a shame they feel the need to go early with a special offer but there would be sound reasons why they feel it's the right thing to do and they would know it could upset a few members. That shouldn't stop them doing what they think is the right course of action.
    I'd be asking them the question of what triggered this move and is it something that we can get in front of next time. We all get that memberships are important to the club and if there is a lesson to learn let's hope that we are quick learners.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah - I sort of get it but if you buy a car for $10K and are happy, then the fact it goes on sale for $9K two weeks later really SHOULDN'T impact your thinking. You were happy with the deal you got so you signed up - fair value. The price has dropped - OK - but happy is happy...move on.

This is the same thing. Like I said, there's a bit of "I missed out, it isn't fair" (as did I btw) but since I was happy before I knew about this new special I'm still happy now.

If you are asking the club to undo all of the memberships that people have signed up for - and last i checked there were no standover tactics being used in the sale of memberships and everyone signed up of their own free will - and give them extra stuff for no cost, well...I don't think that's reasonable.

Wait? Are you saying Stephen Kretiuk didn't come to your house and make you sign up? Did that only happen to me?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the deal is too good is the issue.

All away games as well that's a huuuuuuuge difference.

Me personally don't care I get it anyway, others I get it. That's the deal you pull out at the end.

Fence sitters shouldn't be rewarded that much surely. (yes don't call me Shirley)

24. Likes N/A liked this post