Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  273
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 membership

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think the deal is too good is the issue.

All away games as well that's a huuuuuuuge difference.

Me personally don't care I get it anyway, others I get it. That's the deal you pull out at the end.

Fence sitters shouldn't be rewarded that much surely. (yes don't call me Shirley)
    It is a good deal and you have to wonder what other levers the club might to look at closer to the season or even 3 weeks in if memberships are still down. Clearly we dont have enough people reading the pre-season reports on here because this is the most I have been excited for a few years. 51K members in 2022 and you have to wonder if that can be achieved this year.

2. Likes Grantysghost, Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In what sense is it harsh? Are you questioning or suggesting how I should feel?
    I got the membership pack a couple of weeks ago and haven't opened it yet.
    Dont worry it wasnt harsh

4. Likes N/A, Jasper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    SO...what do you want them to do???

I guess I can sort of see the point everyone is making here but EVERYONE who offers a subscription based service will from time-to-time make offers that provide short-term benefits to new or returning members over and above 'existing' members.

I know that I do it at the gym from time to time and whilst on occasion I get a "Why can't I get that deal", ultimately subscription based businesses are a 'the more the merrier' (to an extent) and having some new people in who pay less for a SHORT TIME does generally benefit those who have been loyal throughout.

I guess my overall point would be: If you were happy with the deal you had yesterday (before you saw this new offer), then NOTHING has actually changed except a feeling of FOMO you are getting. The price you were happy to pay is still the price you are paying...it isn't like you have been double charged or anything like that.

Is there a benefit to the B4L program? I don't know - I do it for convenience but as I have explained here in the past it is problematic when the kids turn 18 and memberships get terminated seemingly at random and without notification...but outside of that it really is just about convenience.

To anyone who feels aggrieved, I get it - but remember, if you were happy with your deal yesterday, that deal is STILL THE SAME. And when you are sitting in your seat at Marvel watching Bont go crazy it is still gonna feel like great value.
    I do understand why they’re doing it as well as all of the points you’re making. It doesn’t mean that at the end of the year I won’t cancel my B4L and sign up whenever a decent deal comes in. I went to about 4 games last year and also consider my membership as somewhat of a donation. Maybe this needs to change though. The club is financially in as good as a
    position as it ever has been. The threat of relocation, merger or extinction is largely done. Do they need my money that badly any longer? It’s a drop compared to the AFL and broadcast cash.
    For background, I’ve been a member for 23 years, mostly H&A with a bunch of years as a Social Club member also. Post COVID I’ve moved to a home game only membership. I’ve signed up my kids early on and still currently pay for memberships for 2 of the 3 even though one doesn’t like football in the slightest and my youngest just wants to go hang out with dad and get some lollies or chips.
    Maybe if the club is going to offer these deals, it wouldn’t hurt to look at people who have “stuck fat” (stupid ****ing phrase) as B4L’s but have clearly had to reduce membership levels for whatever circumstances and offer them this sort of deal to them for a year as well. And again given my attendance, maybe I don’t deserve the offer, but it’s certainly a level of goodwill to obviously committed supporters that could pay off with a sense of gratitude and a reengagement with the club.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So being a bulldog for life doesnt have the best perks
    It's not easy for my brother and his family to afford their memberships each year and they love going to the footy so he was disappointed to miss out on this deal. They pack lunches and treats and take their own drinks to help keep the costs down but they see going to the footy as a family day and important to have that experience.
    I agree with MJP that if you are happy enough to sign up for the agreed price at the time it shouldnt mean that much to you if the price drops and for most us thats the way it should be but for someone like my brother who struggles a bit he would have appreciated getting a deal. His birthday is coming up so I'll get him a Doggies cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    It's not easy for my brother and his family to afford their memberships each year and they love going to the footy so he was disappointed to miss out on this deal. They pack lunches and treats and take their own drinks to help keep the costs down but they see going to the footy as a family day and important to have that experience.
    I agree with MJP that if you are happy enough to sign up for the agreed price at the time it shouldnt mean that much to you if the price drops and for most us thats the way it should be but for someone like my brother who struggles a bit he would have appreciated getting a deal. His birthday is coming up so I'll get him a Doggies cap.
    Good post Jasper.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Can we stop saying cancel B4L. He is one of my favourite posters here… woof wouldn’t be the same without him.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Can we stop saying cancel B4L. He is one of my favourite posters here… woof wouldn’t be the same without him.
    Am I the one you are talking about Bob?

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    51K members in 2022 and you have to wonder if that can be achieved this year.
    Pretty sure there's some mayo in that, just like our 50,000th member last year coincidently happened to be a new born.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I've got some friends that we sit near in a similar scenario and with costs of so many products increasing they would have jumped at the chance to to get a reduction in their memberships but like 99% of us they wont whinge about it either. They are footy nuts and cant get enough of it.

15. Likes mjp, bornadog, Grantysghost, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I got it, and I laughed.

17. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah - I sort of get it but if you buy a car for $10K and are happy, then the fact it goes on sale for $9K two weeks later really SHOULDN'T impact your thinking. You were happy with the deal you got so you signed up - fair value. The price has dropped - OK - but happy is happy...move on.

This is the same thing. Like I said, there's a bit of "I missed out, it isn't fair" (as did I btw) but since I was happy before I knew about this new special I'm still happy now.

If you are asking the club to undo all of the memberships that people have signed up for - and last i checked there were no standover tactics being used in the sale of memberships and everyone signed up of their own free will - and give them extra stuff for no cost, well...I don't think that's reasonable.

Do I think they have been WAY out of touch with the members over the past 3+ seasons. YES - YES I do and I have posted to this point consistently. But if we are saying they can't offer a short term membership special without retrospectively changing every contract they have already sold/set up, I just think that's unfair.
    Haha this is the investors lot. Buy in the peaks and sell in the dips.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not a good marketing move

Seems gone early with a sale. Maybe membership figures are down.
    I'm not so sure. Money in the door now re. the fence sitters is better than no money in the door after losing a few games early. I'd imagine the club is splashing cash and things may be getting bigger with the redevelopment as well.

Baz probably asked for a gilt-edged full ceiling mirror in the change rooms as well and what Baz wants we gotta provide.

Baz is sucking up so many resources we have to roll Cody out in old 90s gear.

Worth every cent too btw.

20. Likes bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These people whining about paying full price for member then finding a month or 2 later they could have got a discount annoy me.

It's like filling up your car at what you thought was the cheapest price only to find out 5k down the road it's cheaper/

The conundrum is do I buy now or wait in the hope to get for a discount later.

22. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dalek View Post
    These people whining about paying full price for member then finding a month or 2 later they could have got a discount annoy me.

It's like filling up your car at what you thought was the cheapest price only to find out 5k down the road it's cheaper/

The conundrum is do I buy now or wait in the hope to get for a discount later.
    I get the sentiment and there would be good reasons for the club to offer an added incentive for people to purchase their memberships.

I hope it doesn't result in people holding off until late in proceedings next year in the hope of getting another improved offer.

Regarding petrol prices I drove past 3 service stations today all next to each other with a huge fluctuation on their prices ranging from $1.68 to $2.09 so it pays to shop around. For a 40 litre fill up that's $16 saved.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

24. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Am I the one you are talking about Bob?
    Yes my friend, yes.
    More of an In Bruges guy?