Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW Pride Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The jumper

Looks like the normal jumper inside out. Yes I've done that before.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jeanette54 on this. The hypocrisy of the AFL allowing a trans jumper but not allowing trans players.

FWIW Issy has come up with a good looking and meaningful design.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

3. Thanks Jeanette54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    However, I am surprised at the choice of theme. A couple of years ago the AFL were absolutely determined to prevent transwoman Hannah Mouncey becoming an AFLW player. Surely this reeks of hypocrisy, nothing new for the AFL.
    It's our jumper not the AFL's

Are you saying the AFL are hypocrites if they don't stop us wearing it?

Preventing males who have transitioned to females from playing women's sport keeps it fair for the other players, it sucks for transgender people as they don't have the critical mass to have their own league, but it's the same for disabled people
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    It's our jumper not the AFL's

Are you saying the AFL are hypocrites if they don't stop us wearing it?

Preventing males who have transitioned to females from playing women's sport keeps it fair for the other players, it sucks for transgender people as they don't have the critical mass to have their own league, but it's the same for disabled people
    People say that but there's so few examples of trans athletes actually being good enough to win that it feels hollow. Is there some small advantage for trans women? Maybe. But that's true of women with higher than normal testosterone levels but we don't ban them. Once you start doing the hormones and all that stuff, aside from being taller maybe, it seems like you don't really benefit much from having been a man.

The AFL's stance is not to protect women or women's sport either IMO. It's just reflecting that society hasn't really come around on this issue. They will change once it polls over 50% support or something I bet.

Jumper looks good. Trans flag has good colours. Onboard with the club being an ally for trans people specifically. It's not as safe as just generally being pro LGBT so it's probably more than just the usual corporate 'pride missiles by Ratheon' pandering. Yay us.

7. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Having criticised the apparent hypocrisy behind the jumper I would still like to own one, in particular the match worn jumpers up for auction. However, I cannot find any link to the auction on our club website. The search option doesn't come up with any link, nor can I find any on any of the AFLW pages.

If someone on woof can find a link to the auction, I would be grateful if they could post it on this thread.

Good win too.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Having criticised the apparent hypocrisy behind the jumper I would still like to own one, in particular the match worn jumpers up for auction. However, I cannot find any link to the auction on our club website. The search option doesn't come up with any link, nor can I find any on any of the AFLW pages.

If someone on woof can find a link to the auction, I would be grateful if they could post it on this thread.

Good win too.
    Hi J54.

Try here

https://westernbulldogs.aflauctions....sort=title_asc

10. Thanks Jeanette54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Thank-you GG, much appreciated. Bid entered.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you GG, much appreciated. Bid entered.
    Np. Good luck!

13. Thanks Jeanette54 thanked for this post