• Happy for the club to pass on both deals

14 46.67%
  • Lets find some other deals to get done

9 30.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If the deals don't get done?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Freo asking for 1st rounder? You are ok with that?
    No way jose b.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean, if we end this period with:
    1. Jones in.
    2. Dunkley out via PSD.

That's pretty sucky and we can look forward to season #4? #5? in a row with a mediocre ruck division. With a thinned out midfield sans Dunkley, are we REALLY any better off? And could we REALLY expect to do better next year? I still rate, very highly, much of our list but the holes are there.

Now... chuck Grundy into the equation and we're in a different zone.

If we were to lose Dunks for nothing, and only bring in Jones, then surely that's a fail for the list management crew (whoever manages the list... maybe it's Power, mostly Bevo will cop the blame).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    According to Ralphy

Lobb to Dogs is officially on with talks underway. Lions want to trade 21 and a future first for Dunkley. Then 21 could be on traded for Lobb. Or used in the deal. Freo asking for a first rounder for a contracted player. Details here
    https://heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-period-follow-all-the-latest-news-on-the-big-deals-as-it-happens/news-story/bd7a529ec72ba483cdc51d310d666ebb
    If this is actually the offer we should take it. Somehow though I think Brisbane are wanting something additional, otherwise I think we would have already taken that deal.

We're all expecting Brisbane's first pick next year to be the same as this year - 15, but if you use the law of averages it's probably more like 12. They're a good side but so were we last year, and they've been up for a while without success, add in the Fagan controversy and I could see them slipping.

12 & 21 is close to the 12 & 19 that sealed the Taranto deal.

Regarding Lobb, I've said it before but I'll be disappointed if we give up anything in the top 30 to get him. I understand that we've made the commitment and that it might now require giving up 21, from the position we're in I think that's probably reasonable, but we got ourselves in this position by courting a contracted 30 year old - a mistake in my view.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

5. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    If this is actually the offer we should take it. Somehow though I think Brisbane are wanting something additional, otherwise I think we would have already taken that deal.

We're all expecting Brisbane's first pick next year to be the same as this year - 15, but if you use the law of averages it's probably more like 12. They're a good side but so were we last year, and they've been up for a while without success, add in the Fagan controversy and I could see them slipping.

12 & 21 is close to the 12 & 19 that sealed the Taranto deal.

Regarding Lobb, I've said it before but I'll be disappointed if we give up anything in the top 30 to get him. I understand that we've made the commitment and that it might now require giving up 21, from the position we're in I think that's probably reasonable, but we got ourselves in this position by courting a contracted 30 year old - a mistake in my view.
    They arent offering 12 & 21 though, its highly likely that next year 1st rounder for Brisbane will be 15+, feels like it will be 17 & 21.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    They arent offering 12 & 21 though, its highly likely that next year 1st rounder for Brisbane will be 15+, feels like it will be 17 & 21.
    Probably 19 and 23 after the FS and Academy players.

So in short - could be 2 second round picks

Post Thanks / Like

If the offer was 21 plus a future first and second pick for Dunkley and our future third/fourth rounder, I’m listening.

In regards to Lobb. The only get 21 if they give something back.

I’m still very happy to walk Dunkley to the PSD with a contract in our hand for him as we guide him there
    WOOF Member 422

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Id take future first and 21 for Dunkley if I could trade Lobb in for pick 30.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lions need as many points as possible to facilitate matching likely bids for Will Ashcroft and Jaspa Fletcher.

I would do the Dunkley deal this way: Dunkley plus our 2022 3rd round pick for pick 21, the Lion's 2023 1st round pick and 2023 2nd round pick. That gives them more points this year when they need them, and us more picks in 2023.

Then I would offer pick 21 to Fremantle for Lobb. Or keep 21 and offer Fremantle our 2nd round pick and 4th round pick for their 4th round pick and Lobb.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    If the offer was 21 plus a future first and second pick for Dunkley and our future third/fourth rounder, I’m listening.

In regards to Lobb. The only get 21 if they give something back.

I’m still very happy to walk Dunkley to the PSD with a contract in our hand for him as we guide him there
    I can see the merit in this suggestion.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

They have Gunston.
    They have enough points for Ashcroft & Fletcher.
    They have offered up Future First for Dunkley.

They are so close to a mammoth trade period result. It’s bloody mindedness to refuse a player trade or work harder to put up sufficient picks. They are so close to pulling off the allegedly impossible while still holding future 2nd, 3rd and 4ths. I can’t understand why they haven’t just secured him with a decisive trade. But whatever.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes DOG GOD, Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I think that would be the best case scenario. Let's hope Brisbane finish down the ladder as well - that would top it off
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yep - it's a bit unders but I can live with that. If we end up moving 21 on in any way to get Lobb, it's back to being a poor result.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yep - it's a bit unders but I can live with that. If we end up moving 21 on in any way to get Lobb, it's back to being a poor result.
    They’re demanding 39 back. So it’s a Future First and an 18 pick upgrade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They’re demanding 39 back. So it’s a Future First and an 18 pick upgrade.
    Add Lohmann and I'll do it.
    W00F!

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Add Lohmann and I'll do it.
    Two outcomes on above.

1. Dunkley PSD, Lobb fails to get here, just a 30 year Jones

2. Lobb, Jones, Lohmann (Mature KPF/Ruck, Mature KPD, Exciting Small Forward, Future First)

Talk about extremes!
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 11-10-2022 at 11:10 PM.

21. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post