Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  278
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating the 2022 Trade Period - After 7.30pm Wednesday Night

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Trade targets have been James Jordon (22yo), Brynn Teakle (23yo) and Nick Coffield (22yo). We're also trying to get pick 4 to access an elite young player, as well as likely securing Croft. I think that's enough focus on the future?

I think we're balancing it well. I don't think we are at a point where the list should be completely gutted. If we can replace guys like Roarke, Crozier, Bruce with 22/23yo I think that's a net win.
    What do you think Coffield is worth on the open market JD?

Former top 10 pick, I get the feeling the Aints might be stupidly wanting overs.

2. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Trade targets have been James Jordon (22yo), Brynn Teakle (23yo) and Nick Coffield (22yo). We're also trying to get pick 4 to access an elite young player, as well as likely securing Croft. I think that's enough focus on the future?

I think we're balancing it well. I don't think we are at a point where the list should be completely gutted. If we can replace guys like Roarke, Crozier, Bruce with 22/23yo I think that's a net win.
    All young players and known quantities unlike some 4th or 5th round 18 year olds
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I understand the sentiment. I guess there's a bit of being a good citizen involved too and not having a reputation of treating players like commodities, rather like people.
    Flipside, he was all #teamdunks with his choice of clubs. As many wiser have said prior to me leaving isn't the concern as much as the club he chose.

For that reason it would irk me if he won one up there, however it's a minor irk and he's a Lions player now so pffft.
    I just hope we handled his exit in an optimal fashion (didn't have levers we didn't pull after he went) for the club.
    There was no way the Lions were going to be able to pay what we wanted. Their future first, could've been anything (see Freo).

In future we need to trade prior to contract expiry if we don't get a solid commitment (except Bont).
    There is a WOOFER who is a keen Lion supporter. Now who is that?

5. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    There is a WOOFER who is a keen Lion supporter. Now who is that?
    I know Chef and I are Lions supporters this week, but do we have a legit Lions supporter among us?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I know Chef and I are Lions supporters this week, but do we have a legit Lions supporter among us?
    Yes but he will have to come forward himself.

8. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes but he will have to come forward himself.
    I think i've been tagged as such : but it's all lies ...LIES I TELL YA.

Go Lions.

10. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking back now we certainly got duded in that trade period and I'm keen to see if we can rectify it this time round.

Be really good if could improve our draft hand and get in someone in of quality who will be a huge contributor to the team.

Lobb had a great 2022 but was suspect in 2023. As one woofer said I would have loved players like Bedford, Hill and Acres.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think i've been tagged as such : but it's all lies ...LIES I TELL YA.

Go Lions.
    GG at 2:30pm this Saturday:

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley Trade Official:

Brisbane got Dunkley
    Dogs got Clarke & 1/3 of Pick 5 along with 1/3 of the three third rounders (draft point deficit in the pick swap and two fourths we may/probably won?t use.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Gresham was end of 1st:

Lobb is Pick 33 this year but *could* be around 38 after bids (on top of 30 last year, pushed out to 33 after bids)
    Hunter gets us Pick 57

Hunter looks a little worse
    Lobb at 33 & 38 (after bids) looks a little better if he re finds form

Also we got Pick 39 or 40 for our third & the Hunter pick which offsets this years pick for Lobb. So you could argue loosely that the real cost for Lobb is 33 last year and two thirds this year. If you like that argument, then the cost of Lobb isn’t that high.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So we can do it properly now:

I can’t see any official record of a live trade with Sydney, so it’s based off that not happening.

Lobb: Picks 33 & 37 after bids (*notionally end of R2 & start of R3 picks)
    Hunter (after being packaged into Pick 40 and then unpackaged: Freijah (& Coffield with the F3 that was in that unpackaging 40)
    Schache: Pick deleted/nothing

Dunkley: Clarke, 1/3 Sanders, 1/3 Croft, 1/3 of the F3, Lach Smith, AOD (4th we demanded tied to Geelong), Freijah (by packaging up the two F3’s into the F2 which was unpackaged to slightly better picks to get part of Croft, and also Freijah & Coffield)

Twomey sees it the way I see it in an article this morning. The Dunkley pick went for Points/Picks. So the trade is now Pick 11 & F1 for Pick 6 & F3 plus getting Freijah.

(Huge salary cap relief)

So it’s that old chestnut about one good player in Dunkley. Or trading them out and using that trade in a way to acquire with creativity Sanders, Clarke, Croft, Freijah, Smith, AOD & Coffield - who all can be traced to some part of the sprawling Dunkley deal.

17. Thanks josie, bulldogsthru&thru, Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sanders alone might make the trade look alright. No pressure kid.