Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  278
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating the 2022 Trade Period - After 7.30pm Wednesday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Maybe having M.Boyd finishing up put a dent in that leadership group.
    As good as Easton and Bobby were I don't think they adequately addressed things.
    I think we have missed the more disciplined types at the club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Overall I’m largely pleased with the trade period result. It provides an opportunity to move forward from players who too often were the cause of much frustration for us supporters seeing them fall short of achieving their potential, or being unable to cover their shortcomings i.e Cordy, Hunter and Schache, and for mine the positive with Dunkley’s departure is the Club no longer needs to be on tenterhooks due to his level of self entitlement, possibly stemming from his father’s experience, a character flaw that the best leaders of Clubs like a Selwood, Boak, Cotchin or even a Bont simply don’t display. So with these outs it provides a perfect opportunity for replenishment and even redemption ala Wallis and O’Brien.

So for 2023 I’m really looking forward to Cleary, Bedendo coming on, and even the possibility of a redemptive opportunity for Mitch Wallis to fill the breach. Mitch has his shortcomings but so did Dunkley. For the off season at least I’m going glass have full that Mitch might in the coaching group’s wisdom be given an opportunity to fill the hole that Dunkley has left, he’s indeed made of the right stuff, and from better stock.
    Good post Doc26, let's look forward and not backwards.

Premierships are not easy to win. Just look at Geelong who have finished top four how many times? yet it has taken them 11 years between winning one.

Looking forward to firstly the draft and then 2023.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    thanks for your feedback. But it does beggar the question. Why did Roughead WANT to leave. Why did he feel ill driving to the Whitten oval? What went wrong? Are the same problems still there?
    I wish I knew.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Overall I’m largely pleased with the trade period result. It provides an opportunity to move forward from players who too often were the cause of much frustration for us supporters seeing them fall short of achieving their potential, or being unable to cover their shortcomings i.e Cordy, Hunter and Schache, and for mine the positive with Dunkley’s departure is the Club no longer needs to be on tenterhooks due to his level of self entitlement, possibly stemming from his father’s experience, a character flaw that the best leaders of Clubs like a Selwood, Boak, Cotchin or even a Bont simply don’t display. So with these outs it provides a perfect opportunity for replenishment and even redemption ala Wallis and O’Brien.

So for 2023 I’m really looking forward to Cleary, Bedendo coming on, and even the possibility of a redemptive opportunity for Mitch Wallis to fill the breach. Mitch has his shortcomings but so did Dunkley. For the off season at least I’m going glass have full that Mitch might in the coaching group’s wisdom be given an opportunity to fill the hole that Dunkley has left, he’s indeed made of the right stuff, and from better stock.
    I would think it's more likely Mitch gets delisted than becomes a part of our midfield rotation.... he is no doubt made of the right stuff, but his body is just about done.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Sam on the Dogs site talking about the trade period and the importance of the first and second round picks.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/v...mc_id=16093061

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I would think it's more likely Mitch gets delisted than becomes a part of our midfield rotation.... he is no doubt made of the right stuff, but his body is just about done.
    Mitch has been retained on our list and has the capacity to kick goals as a small forward which we desperately need.
    Without Dunkley there is a need to use someone like Mitch to play a tagging role in the midfield as well which we have lacked in the past on the likes of Oliver and Petracca

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Power and Dom Milesi answer members questions regarding the trade period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Wow, best ever content from the Dogs.

Draft best player not for need is very clear in that.

Yes I replied to myself and I'll do it again if I have to.

9. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, best ever content from the Dogs.

Draft best player not for need is very clear in that.

Yes I replied to myself and I'll do it again if I have to.
    Great point GG and go lions.

11. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to know we have to promote Sweet and Buku to retain them

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly enjoyed that Granty. A bit of inside knowledge is always appreciated.Go Lions....just for you Gg.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Interesting to know we have to promote Sweet and Buku to retain them
    Yes that was news to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Good insight. We also need to let the lads out of the club rooms and to get some sunlight.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Feels like Milesi is the draft lead too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good insight. We also need to let the lads out of the club rooms and to get some sunlight.
    Haha they are not photogenic that's for sure!

I think this is KWWs work. Engagement it's what we crave.

I know she's been knocked, however she's a good operator and after a short amount of time seems to have learnt and adjusted.

Sedat agrees