Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2023 List Management Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I only update with official announcements. Although the president mentioned Duryea re-signing and there is word Keath has triggered a 1 year extension, neither have been announced officially. God knows there is enough baseless speculation on this board without me adding to it.
    I'm pretty sure I heard we had signed Barrass to a 7 year deal. Where is that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I'm pretty sure I heard we had signed Barrass to a 7 year deal. Where is that?
    If only we could find the thread
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I’d actually say our salary cap room has way more in it than you have put.

JJ took unders on his new contract, huge amount off the books, with the other list turn over I’d roughly estimate we have close to 1.5 to play with when it comes to next season. Good thing as well considering who we have to re-sign. Hopefully the ground work has started now to get a big fish in next years trade period.

Still reckon we are a 24-26 year old, experienced key defender short, with McKay outta contract at the Roos next year I hope we can target him and pry him out.
    I don't think the salary cap situation is remotely as simple as that. We had some fairly big name re-signings this year that would have received increased terms and you never know the pay structure from one year to the next with regards to front/back ending of contracts. Hopefully we can take the opportunity to bring some payments forward in 2023 if we have the capacity.

I certainly agree that we should have sufficient cap space to target someone with an attractive contract next trade period though.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure Ben McKay and Harris Andrews are the same players say 18-24 months ago. Very much buyer beware with both IMO.
    Agree on Andrews (Brisbane's defence was low key as bad as ours) but I actually thought McKay's stock improved.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ben McKay has turned down so many offers to leave North over the years, I suspect he stays.
    Harris Andrews seems a Lion for life.
    Is he any good? Haven’t really watched him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    if only there was a thread
    ftfy
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Likes bornadog liked this post