Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  233
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team, Round 1 2023

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    West - where do we play him? Will he get midfield minutes? Is it primarily the same small forward type role? He's good enough to be in our best 22, but it isn't clear cut where he plays. Important year.
    This has been my dilemma with him and I had my doubts he would make it. He needs to find a role and become good at it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post Rocco.

Again looking at that forwardline there is a real opportunity to bring in a natural small forward instead of two undersized mid converts in Garcia and West.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

B: Duryea, Jones, Daniel

HB: Dale, Gardner, Richards

C: Williams, Libba, McLean

HF: B Smith, Naughton, Jamarra

F: Weightman, Lobb, JJ

R: English, Bont, Macrae

Int: Treloar, Khamis, Darcy, West, Keath

Assumes 5 on bench
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a lot to play out between now and round 1 - I'm just happy every has McLean in their teams.
    I really hope he gets a clean run at it and reminds us why he was rushed back for the final. Genuine footy smarts
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes bulldogtragic, chef, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    There's a lot to play out between now and round 1 - I'm just happy every has McLean in their teams.
    I really hope he gets a clean run at it and reminds us why he was rushed back for the final. Genuine footy smarts
    I think I’m accurately quoting Danny after the 2016 GF when introducing players on stage. “I don’t think im allowed to say I have a favourite player. But Toby McLean is my favourite player.”

Those with half decent memories remember a damn good footballer. And a bloke who copped hate for the same dropping down in tackle technique as Selwood while Selwood seemingly didn’t get the same venom. If he only becomes 2/3 the player he could’ve without the ACLs then he’s still picked easily every week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Sedat, chef, EasternWest, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m hopeful that O’Brien plays more in 2023… he pretty much sucked this year, but given he suffered an injury at a critical point in the pre-season I would hope he gets himself super fit which gives him the best chance to succeed.

We need to win the ball back more readily in defence and he helps in this area.

9. Likes Sedat, hujsh, Scorlibo, Go_Dogs, Dry Rot, Mofra, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Those with half decent memories remember a damn good footballer. And a bloke who copped hate for the same dropping down in tackle technique as Selwood while Selwood seemingly didn’t get the same venom.
    I picked a fantastic year to be overseas and completely miss not only the GF but the cannonizarion of Saint Joel and all the post GF celebrations at the Cattery. By the time I returned it was wall-to-wall trade week shenanigans, and the GF never actually happened in my mind.

The only thing Selwood should be the patron saint of is the entire ducking epidemic that has infected the AFL ever since his career started.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely Bruce has to be in the mix for the R1 2023 team?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I’m hopeful that O’Brien plays more in 2023… he pretty much sucked this year, but given he suffered an injury at a critical point in the pre-season I would hope he gets himself super fit which gives him the best chance to succeed.

We need to win the ball back more readily in defence and he helps in this area.
    Do you see him as that versatile 3rd tall defender type?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I picked a fantastic year to be overseas and completely miss not only the GF but the cannonizarion of Saint Joel and all the post GF celebrations at the Cattery. By the time I returned it was wall-to-wall trade week shenanigans, and the GF never actually happened in my mind.

The only thing Selwood should be the patron saint of is the entire ducking epidemic that has infected the AFL ever since his career started.
    And stepping on people when they're on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I had him as first emergency. It really depends how well he bounces back and how JUH starts the year. Said before I think it's a coin toss right now.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean Lance from Pulp Fiction right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I had him as first emergency. It really depends how well he bounces back and how JUH starts the year. Said before I think it's a coin toss right now.
    Many are picking Darcy on limited exposure last season and ignoring Bruce who on his 2021 form should be an automatic selection.
    Lobb coming in complicates that but I would guess that Bruce should be ahead of Darcy and possibly ahead of Marra.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Khamis and West are two of the most interesting players on our list for mine.

I really want Buku to take another step. I think he has all the tools and had a very encouraging year. Inconsistency is always a feature of young players, but he showed an ability to play forward AND back.

He looked really composed, athletic and smart down back. The 'third tall' role is a difficult one because it is dependent on match-ups, but I want to see him play a lot in 2023.

West - where do we play him? Will he get midfield minutes? Is it primarily the same small forward type role? He's good enough to be in our best 22, but it isn't clear cut where he plays. Important year.
    Buku for a wing role!

19. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Many are picking Darcy on limited exposure last season and ignoring Bruce who on his 2021 form should be an automatic selection.
    Lobb coming in complicates that but I would guess that Bruce should be ahead of Darcy and possibly ahead of Marra.
    Bruce to defence. Only move that makes sense.

Feels like a thing to me.

21. Likes F'scary liked this post