Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 things learned from Rd 7 vs Fremantle 2024

Please list the 3 things learned from our R7 encounter against Fremantle.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 7 vs Fremantle 2024

1. Until we can win close games, let alot tough, close, away games like this... we're kidding ourselves. We need a 2015 vs Sydney in Sydney result.

2. Bont I'm sure he's injured, right? Getting lots, but wow I am deadset sick of this absolute legend blowing shots on goal like he does. That for me just was the domino to me that caused the thers to cascade and fall at key moments.

3. I am so glad we lost the 21 GF here and not at the G.. because we are deadset haunted by demons at times on this ground.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We will clog the lads around 11-12
    2. Daniel & Lobb could be fire sold
    3. Time to rebuild properly
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We have too many players not up to AFL standard.

2. They don't play for each other. There appears to be no commitment with these guys. Somethign is not right.

3. Why did they not move Buku forward. Freo intentionally kicked the ball to whoever he was on and isolated him. He now needs a long spell in the 2's to learn how to defend.

4, We can see now why both Caleb and Jack are not getting regular games.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Darcy is better than Marra already.

2. We need to get inventive to get back I to the draft. The only way to do it is to trade the likes of English, Daniel, Macrae and (sadly) Smith.

3. Time to blood a few. Starting with Clarke.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. We will clog the lads around 11-12
    2. Daniel & Lobb could be fire sold
    3. Time to rebuild properly
    I'm kinda getting a bit nervous Bont could just blow this place.. I don't know why I am getting vibes.. but his performances don't seem to be inspiring the others to lift their game.. and at some point does he go ' They don't seem to be responding to me and my attempts to lift the team..maybe I go somewhere and not have to carry blokes on my back every week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm kinda getting a bit nervous Bont could just blow this place.. I don't know why I am getting vibes.. but his performances don't seem to be inspiring the others to lift their game.. and at some point does he go ' They don't seem to be responding to me and my attempts to lift the team..maybe I go somewhere and not have to carry blokes on my back every week.
    My spidey senses are tingling.

His outward displays of frustration have multiplied noticeably.

Hopefully just upset with his dodgy ankle (give him a rest).

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta enter his mind at some stage. Can you blame him if he did? I couldn’t.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My spidey senses are tingling.

His outward displays of frustration have multiplied noticeably.

Hopefully just upset with his dodgy ankle (give him a rest).
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Gotta enter his mind at some stage. Can you blame him if he did? I couldn’t.
    A really really really good looking poster on this forum said a while ago he wouldn't be surprised if Bont we t looking for a coa$tal life$tyle and honestly who could blame him?
    "It's over. It's all over."

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. 3rd 1/4 goalkicking 2-7 to 3-3 and coach Spangher's forward system is kick it long to a pack of 10 and hope for the best.
    2. Lobb, Harmes, Khamis and Gallagher do not deserve frequent flyer points - non-contributors and nothing positive.
    3. Bont looked injured to me but one mistake and the guy is crucified by fickle so called supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    A really really really good looking poster on this forum said a while ago he wouldn't be surprised if Bont we t looking for a coa$tal life$tyle and honestly who could blame him?
    I dont remember saying that but i'll take it.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Until we start taking the ruck contest seriously we?ll continue losing centre clearances to top 8 midfields

2. Our tackling is below par - the opposition almost always gets a hand free and dishes it out

3. Perth umpires are the worst. That was abysmal

Post Thanks / Like

1. Freo have unearthed a promising young talent called Nathan Fyfe. Our coaching panel were understandably caught unawares and can’t be blamed for not having a plan to curb him. Next time, hey fellas?
    2. Caleb Daniel’s fall has been sudden and catastrophic. And rather heartbreaking.
    3. People call us enigmatic, say that our list is A grade and that we’re underachieving. But maybe we’re just not very good.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our list is over rated. yes we have some star players but we rely on them every week, but the other 12 or so playing are ordinary

2. Lobb is weak as piss - I have gone off him

3. CHB is still a major problem (along with many other roles, but this is a key position)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We can't win any game we don't completely dominate. We don't have the mental fortitude to work our way through a close contest.

2. Sam Darcy is a superstar in the making. He is still a baby giraffe at only 20 for his size. He will be a freak if he can stay fit.

3. Loved some of Khamis games this year when there is heat on inside 50m entry and he can get off his man and intercept. But he can't defend 1:1. You just can't trust him in a big game or a close finish. Tonight, if Fremantle made the mistakes he made in our forward line we win.