Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  208
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We got Lobb a year later than ideal and it is complicated just a bit that Darcy has come on a year quicker than expected. I know he didn't play that well last night but I remain confident that he's a good one to have on the list.
    I'd be happy to keep him at the club.
    He won't stay.

Be at Demons next season i reckon for Joel Smith.

We all blame Rory; fact is, we got him to the club knowing we had an abudance of talls and now after 1 year he doesn't really have a spot.

When he's dropped next week and he makes another "im in the vfl" tik tok we really only have ourselves to blame.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    At the time I was quite happy that Lobb was coming, it did match our needs at the time. When the deal went through and we gave up 2*2nd Rounders that led to disappointment. I still think we can get the most out of Lobb in the ruck. I'd be quite comfortable letting English walk and have him #1 with Darcy baking up. If that is not going to happen we have a very expensive VFL player until the end of 2026.
    We have a number of very expensive players who will be or are running around in the VFL - Lobb, Daniel, Macrae and Harmes. All on multi year deals and all look cooked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    We have a number of very expensive players who will be or are running around in the VFL - Lobb, Daniel, Macrae and Harmes. All on multi year deals and all look cooked.
    I’d say about $2M tied up clogging the VFL team this year. And if no suitors, for a while yet.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’d say about $2M tied up clogging the VFL team this year. And if no suitors, for a while yet.
    Someone will take him. We may not get much but Mabio Chol is running around on an AFL list… so Lobb will be too.

But yeah, surely this is his last with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Someone will take him. We may not get much but Mabio Chol is running around on an AFL list… so Lobb will be too.

But yeah, surely this is his last with us.
    Someone will take him of our hands but we will need to pay half the contract as no one will take him on the deal we have with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone will take him of our hands but we will need to pay half the contract as no one will take him on the deal we have with him.
    The Hun fantasy trade of Grundy for Lobb looks more than ok about now. It’s going to be hard if he requests a trade and best case is a late third rounder and we pay 1/3 to 1/2 salary. He won’t be happy staying. But what do we do if we resign Tim?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The Hun fantasy trade of Grundy for Lobb looks more than ok about now. It’s going to be hard if he requests a trade and best case is a late third rounder and we pay 1/3 to 1/2 salary. He won’t be happy staying. But what do we do if we resign Tim?
    Same will apply if we want to offload Daniel and Macrae. No one will take them on their current contracts and we will have to pony up with a substantial amount.

Post Thanks / Like

Same will apply if we want to offload Daniel and Macrae. No one will take them on their current contracts and we will have to pony up with a substantial amount.
    Absolutely. If these guys can’t turn it around it could be a nasty off season for us.

Post Thanks / Like

If there was a mid season trade period I suspect there could be a couple of sides very interested in trading for Lobb. Melbourne would move a lot to get him.
    He's not on a huge salary and I still think he has a bit to offer. So I'd keep him rather than consider moving him on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn?t pay a cent towards Lobbs contract in event of a trade. Two more years at $500k is barely above average wage, and he?s the only playable ruck depth we have.

Think we?ve got to move one of Daniel or Macrae though. Really can?t play them both in the same team anymore, and it seems it?s Daniel whose form will necessitate a trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb's value to us increases significantly if English decides to exercise his FA options, to the point where he would be categorically off-limits to a trade. Strange position for him to be in - his entire future is in the hands of his teammate.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t forget that we didn’t just overpay him terms of in salary and years, we also overpaid for him in the trade itself.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If there was a mid season trade period I suspect there could be a couple of sides very interested in trading for Lobb. Melbourne would move a lot to get him.
    He's not on a huge salary and I still think he has a bit to offer. So I'd keep him rather than consider moving him on.
    I have a mate who is a massive Dees supporter, he'd take Lobb in a heartbeat as he is exactly who they need, a second ruck to Gawn and play alongside Van Rooyen up forward, reckon he'd go well at the Saints too alongside King.

Still think we did the right thing trading him in and he is good depth but we might be able to do ok in a trade if a few clubs get really interested, thought we should have gone after Sam Naismith as a back up to English, cheap as chips but solid in the ruck and not really needed up forward, so if Lobb goes still think we should look at another solid mature ruck option as depth.

16. Likes GVGjr, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Don’t forget that we didn’t just overpay him terms of in salary and years, we also overpaid for him in the trade itself.
    I read this this morning, and it ruined my day.