Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  201
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Let's not forget turning another 40+ goal kicker (Bruce) into a VFL defender.
    Also a club leading goal kicker. We can recruit them for top picks. We can get them to the club. Then we destroy them.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Also a club leading goal kicker. We can recruit them for top picks. We can get them to the club. Then we destroy them.
    Yep.

There's one man responsible. As you said, we won't sack him, and that's because we just don't have the fortitude to hold him to account
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep.

There's one man responsible. As you said, we won't sack him, and that's because we just don't have the fortitude to hold him to account
    Sam Power. Bringing in two club leading accurate goal kickers? For just second rounders. Bit harsh. He didn’t kill/try to kill their careers. They’re capable of 60-80 goals between them. Going to maybe get 25 this year. Whoo!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget turning another 40+ goal kicker (Bruce) into a VFL defender.
    That was Bruce's own idea. Wasn't Bevo's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I think that’s a nice and convenient narrative… But it might be time to undo this now.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s a nice and convenient narrative… But it might be time to undo this now.
    No not convenient I am just saying the truth of what happened BT.

Post Thanks / Like

No not convenient I am just saying the truth of what happened BT.
    I know that’s what was reported, not intention to have a dig or anything. Im suggesting it didn’t exactly go down like that, that’s all I can say.

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb was making good space in the forward line last night, he leads well but the kicker ignores him a lot for some reason.

10. Likes bulldogtragic, Mofra, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Lobb was making good space in the forward line last night, he leads well but the kicker ignores him a lot for some reason.
    Who were they going to most of the time? (My memory fails me - thanks in advance if you know)

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce apparently suggested it and Bevo saw some merit in it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The way Bruce finished last year, he's lucky to be on the list.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb didn't play well (and really hasn't played that well) but his numbers are much the same as they've always been. We've gotten a forward-ruck - the forward-ruck position we have been trying to fill - and even at his current level of performance (or non-performance) Lobb is still amongst the better players in the comp filling this position...they simply don't exist.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes Rocco Jones, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Lobb didn't play well (and really hasn't played that well) but his numbers are much the same as they've always been. We've gotten a forward-ruck - the forward-ruck position we have been trying to fill - and even at his current level of performance (or non-performance) Lobb is still amongst the better players in the comp filling this position...they simply don't exist.
    He's like a lot of Australian cricket all-rounders before Green arrived that could bat and bowl but really not be in the best 7 batsman or top 15 bowlers. Lobb provides some structure for us so we can accept a slightly lesser performance but what the numbers might be saying doesn't really measure up on how poorly he has performed.
    If we compared him to Bruce of 2021 he's nowhere near as effective up forward and only marginally better in the ruck and I find that disappointing. I watched him a few times last year and I think the concern is that he's gone from being the number #1 forward target for Freo to the #3 target with us and that might be what we didn't allow for when we traded for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Who were they going to most of the time? (My memory fails me - thanks in advance if you know)
    Generally long to a contest, first crack showed a number of our entries that either ignored the leading player or kicked it to the disadvantage of Naughty.

18. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's like a lot of Australian cricket all-rounders before Green arrived that could bat and bowl but really not be in the best 7 batsman or top 15 bowlers. Lobb provides some structure for us so we can accept a slightly lesser performance but what the numbers might be saying doesn't really measure up on how poorly he has performed.
    If we compared him to Bruce of 2021 he's nowhere near as effective up forward and only marginally better in the ruck and I find that disappointing. I watched him a few times last year and I think the concern is that he's gone from being the number #1 forward target for Freo to the #3 target with us and that might be what we didn't allow for when we traded for him.
    i much prefer Lobb in the ruck than Jong, Dunkley, Bont, Hannan, and even Bruce
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.