Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  204
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    i much prefer Lobb in the ruck than Jong, Dunkley, Bont, Hannan, and even Bruce
    Doesnt he get bonus points for crashing packs? Lobb cant

Post Thanks / Like

I really backed this trade.

I might have been terribly wrong.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Ditto.

It's at the point where he should be dropped.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Throw Bruce forward in the VFL and see how he goes

Post Thanks / Like

Looked angry after 3/4 time. Impacted the game too. But a worrying first three quarters.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am disappointed in what Rory has shown us so far, this season.

Post Thanks / Like

If Spanger can direct Lobb to lead to the 50 metre arc or just hang around there and the players are aware of this he will kick more goals. Like he did with Freo. We don't need him in the goal square.

9. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the vital last quarter he had 4 disposals, a huge goal and 6 hitouts from 9 ruck contests. Admittedly it was against Treacy, but those were the periods of games where we have been known to collapse.

I only watched the kayo mini of the first 3 quarters, but I thought he was really important in the last.

Post Thanks / Like

He is mediocre, but often finds a way to hit the scoreboard or have a few important involvements.

Different eras and iterations of the team, but I wonder how people think he stacks up against what Daniel Bandy offered us back in the day? That’s the player he seems most similar too, to me.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the pass mark for him in terms of goals? Is it 30? He's kinda on track for that. It's not the 36 he kicked last year as a near permanent forward for Freo and the focal point of their attack but are we maybe a bit delusional if we expect the same output?

I agree he has looked poor at times this year but looking at the total goals (14 at the halfway point) maybe he's not doing as bad as we imagined based on the eye test. Or maybe the issue is his ruck work?

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the eye he really annoyed me yesterday because he refused to impact contests he should have. It really pissed me off. Then in the last he delivered what I want from him, intent and execution from his limited opportunities.

Anyone expecting the same output from him as last year would have to advocate for Marra and Naughton to step aside. Nobody's going to do that (nor am I), so it means the contests he does get to/ opportunities he does get need to really count and that's not too much to ask of someone of his ability and pay grade.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

At 3 quarter time I wonder if Bevo put it to him that we needed a bit more from him.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    In the vital last quarter he had 4 disposals, a huge goal and 6 hitouts from 9 ruck contests. Admittedly it was against Treacy, but those were the periods of games where we have been known to collapse.

I only watched the kayo mini of the first 3 quarters, but I thought he was really important in the last.
    If he had 6 hitouts in the last quarter, then he must have had 7 in the first 3, I'd have thought more. I thought he was good in his ruck stints all game. Frankly, whatever headquarters says and whatever he might prefer, I think he was brought to the club to provide an immediate utility ruckman to back up English (remember Roughead and Boyd ?), presumably Bev regarding Sweet as too one dimensional. He allows English to drop back in defence to take intercepts, go forward and snag a goal and/or take a spell on the bench. In Bev's eyes, that makes him valuable.

17. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

You can't be right all of the time! You go pretty close.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

For your Lobb-Position bingo cards,

You can mark off

Ruck
    2nd Ruck
    FF
    CHF
    Wing
    And today, defence, despite a former FB being in the side not doing much today
    VFL x 2

I’m sure when we sold the vision to Lobb having a career best year, this was exactly it.