Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    For your Lobb-Position bingo cards,

You can mark off

Ruck
    2nd Ruck
    FF
    CHF
    Wing
    And today, defence, despite a former FB being in the side not doing much today
    VFL x 2

I’m sure when we sold the vision to Lobb having a career best year, this was exactly it.
    Was weird Naughton wasnt sent back.
    The curse is dead.

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Was weird Naughton wasnt sent back.
    Made zero sense. Naughton as at least played there before and Taylor was owning him. Rediculous idea by whomever suggested it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes SonofScray, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Naughton should have gone back. But I don’t think Lobb has any reason to feel aggrieved about where he is played or that we haven’t delivered on his “vision.” He is on very good money, was happy to burn Freo when coming to us, and hasn’t represented good value so far. He might not have been happy being thrown around, but I’m not happy that his form was so poor that he ended up in the twos either.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I thought Naughton should have gone back. But I don’t think Lobb has any reason to feel aggrieved about where he is played or that we haven’t delivered on his “vision.” He is on very good money, was happy to burn Freo when coming to us, and hasn’t represented good value so far. He might not have been happy being thrown around, but I’m not happy that his form was so poor that he ended up in the twos either.
    Probably not best to look at the extra pick in the high 20’s we will be sending to Freo then…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Made zero sense. Naughton as at least played there before and Taylor was owning him. Rediculous idea by whomever suggested it.
    Taylor was probably beating Naughton, but the notion he was owning him is factually incorrect as it was a pretty even contest. And even though Naughton has played in defence previously when he went back against North earlier this year he was poor.

I?m comfortable with the move of Lobb to defence? it didn?t cost us the game and we were limited in alternatives.

9. Likes jeemak, SquirrelGrip, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Taylor was probably beating Naughton, but the notion he was owning him is factually incorrect as it was a pretty even contest. And even though Naughton has played in defence previously when he went back against North earlier this year he was poor.

I?m comfortable with the move of Lobb to defence? it didn?t cost us the game and we were limited in alternatives.
    We only had to prevent 1 less goal or kick 1 more. We only kicked 3? goals after Bruce went down. Was Naughton involved in any of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Taylor does whatever he likes if Naughton goes back. Naughton was almost playing as a defensive forward on him at times.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Taylor does whatever he likes if Naughton goes back. Naughton was almost playing as a defensive forward on him at times.
    Naughton contributed almost nothing.
    Weightman ditto.
    JUH ditto.
    As a forward Lobb contributed nothing.

All were there simply to kick goals. If they had different names they would be dropped.

Jj and Dale contributed as many goals as those 4 experienced forwards combined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Naughton contributed almost nothing.
    Weightman ditto.
    JUH ditto.
    As a forward Lobb contributed nothing.

All were there simply to kick goals. If they had different names they would be dropped.

Jj and Dale contributed as many goals as those 4 experienced forwards combined.
    But names (and previous performances) matter don’t they?

I think it’s ridiculous to suggest the likes of Naughton, Marra and Weightman would be dropped based off one poor game… it was shit they all were down at the same time, but they aren’t immune to poor performances.

Post Thanks / Like

Best game for the club. When it flies in quick he’s looks like another player.

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Balta not worst on ground.

He's been superb. I take it all back.

Post Thanks / Like

Look I don't want to be that guy after a feel good win but one game against a deeply disinterested opponent does not nearly square the ledger with this bloke.

Give me a month of worthwhile contributions and some influence in finals and I'll gladly simmer down.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Look I don't want to be that guy after a feel good win but one game against a deeply disinterested opponent does not nearly square the ledger with this bloke.

Give me a month of worthwhile contributions and some influence in finals and I'll gladly simmer down.
    He's got a long way to go before he repays the investment we've made with him and one very good game doesn't change that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With 1 minute to go, 9 goals up, my unruly mate declares, "I've seen us lose from here".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

I agree for 2 x Pick 30’s he owes us heaps, just merely stating it was his best game so far. Hopefully he can build from here and we see that under a pack he’s ineffective. But quick entry to him on the lead helps him and team. Let’s see.