Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  208
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    In this forum we acknowledge the Tribal Chief.
    Where is the love button

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Do we actually think Lobb cares whether he's playing AFL or VFL? He's getting paid either way.

Great to see him playing well and putting pressure on the selectors, but I don't think he's crying into his money.
    I watched the video, looked to me like they was just 'avin a bit of a laff.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    An unkind soul might suggest Rory's been doing that for the bulk of his career and I am that soul.
    Last edited by Rocket Science; 03-04-2024 at 12:15 AM.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a fine line between pleasure and pain.

I know we have paid up for the lobster but Timmy goes down and our list management team look genius. He is lengths ahead of Schache and Sweet for mine, I still think we get get significant value out of him.

8. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    An unkind soul might suggest Rory's been doing that for bulk of his career and I am that soul.
    One ticket to that train ride please.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to write a statistically anaylsis on Lobb's career, but I am short of time.

if his a player on 800K, he should be dominating games like a Charlie Dixon type and just monstering sides with his size, agility and strength. His barely providing 50% of that output. His best year for Disposals was in 2019( high hit outs) and 2021( more time HF)

I like to compare him against Casboult ( probably on half of Lobbs contract, with 1 year contract renewal)

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ogs--rory-lobb

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...-levi-casboult

Casboult has been in footy 2 years longer. Lobb has had 2 better season than Casboult , but I would pick Levi ahead of him , just on heart , effort and being a team player. If Lobb thinks he can stay in the team based on pathetic first half against Melbourne, he needs to seriously ask himself if his prepared to go 110% , in every effort, every game to take the team to a GF and perform on the day. That is every moment, every contest, he gets his hands on the ball and rips it away from the opposition.

Every time his up for a contract year his stats are up. The last 2 seasons at GWS where he was on estimate 800k. He had 1 good season at Freo ( where he kicked 4 against us , in a 36 goal season in 2022, his only time above 30). Yeah he can dominate at the VFL as the players there are part time.

The challenge for Lobb is, can he be the best ruck forward in the competition and keeps the likes of Darcy and even JUH out of team ?

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I was going to write a statistically anaylsis on Lobb's career, but I am short of time.

if his a player on 800K, he should be dominating games like a Charlie Dixon type and just monstering sides with his size, agility and strength. His barely providing 50% of that output. His best year for Disposals was in 2019( high hit outs) and 2021( more time HF)

I like to compare him against Casboult ( probably on half of Lobbs contract, with 1 year contract renewal)

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...ogs--rory-lobb

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...-levi-casboult

Casboult has been in footy 2 years longer. Lobb has had 2 better season than Casboult , but I would pick Levi ahead of him , just on heart , effort and being a team player. If Lobb thinks he can stay in the team based on pathetic first half against Melbourne, he needs to seriously ask himself if his prepared to go 110% , in every effort, every game to take the team to a GF and perform on the day. That is every moment, every contest, he gets his hands on the ball and rips it away from the opposition.

Every time his up for a contract year his stats are up. The last 2 seasons at GWS where he was on estimate 800k. He had 1 good season at Freo ( where he kicked 4 against us , in a 36 goal season in 2022, his only time above 30). Yeah he can dominate at the VFL as the players there are part time.

The challenge for Lobb is, can he be the best ruck forward in the competition and keeps the likes of Darcy and even JUH out of team ?
    But... he's not. He's closer to half of that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Lobb is a required player at the Dogs despite the rapid progress of Sam Darcy but there are a lot of media comments indicating we should shop him around at the end of the season or that he will request a trade.

What are your thoughts on Lobb going forward? Assuming English re-signs with us is Lobb still a required player or should he be shopped around?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Shop English around and keep Lobb.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes Mofra, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think Lobb is a required player at the Dogs despite the rapid progress of Sam Darcy but there are a lot of media comments indicating we should shop him around at the end of the season or that he will request a trade.

What are your thoughts on Lobb going forward? Assuming English re-signs with us is Lobb still a required player or should he be shopped around?
    Why would Lobb stay? We should keep him as backup if the money isn't too much of an impact on our salary cap. But at his age he wants to play senior footy and there would be teams where he would be getting a game.

With the trajectory of Sam Darcy, I can't see how Lobb plays if both English and Darcy are fit. Whether we should be offering English a long, lucrative contract is a another key discussion point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I'm letting English go and use Lobb/Darcy as our rucks going forward. English showed yet again he's not worth paying the most in our club. Worst case we can get cheap vet cover until Darcy is ready.

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Shop English around and keep Lobb.
    I'm actually on board with this.

English is the best 'link up' ruck in the competition but I think we're better served with two 50/50 rucks and although English might be the 'better' player, moving him on and going into 2025 with a Lobb/Darcy pairing. Use that cash to sign Marra & Darcy.

I don't think Lachie Smith is ready as a back-up so I'd look to pick up mature VFL ruck as support. Gardner isn't my idea of a plan B. We could probably rookie list someone like Sam Conway (assuming Tom Downie doesn't want to come back into the AFL system as he would be my first choice).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Lobb is very under rated IMO he runs all day, he is very much the player who is assigned to blocking out the opposition so our forward can take marks, he is quite a selfless team player.
    His ruck work is better than English when up against body work rucks.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'm actually on board with this.

English is the best 'link up' ruck in the competition but I think we're better served with two 50/50 rucks and although English might be the 'better' player, moving him on and going into 2025 with a Lobb/Darcy pairing. Use that cash to sign Marra & Darcy.

I don't think Lachie Smith is ready as a back-up so I'd look to pick up mature VFL ruck as support. Gardner isn't my idea of a plan B. We could probably rookie list someone like Sam Conway (assuming Tom Downie doesn't want to come back into the AFL system as he would be my first choice).
    It's what I'd do as I think we'd benefit far more in a trade with what comes back our way.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.