Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  232
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: LOL Aints

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LOL Aints

The King brothers are not exactly durable.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    and despite that the Saints would give the world for Ben if they could pry him from the Suns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    and despite that the Saints would give the world for Ben if they could pry him from the Suns.
    Every other club would also. Ben seems to be the more versatile and consistent of the two?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    They're both phenomenal players but their injury history is pretty worrying. You'd have a crack if they're on the table but you'd absolutely want to make sure that you get some competent depth just because you can't count on them year round.

Post Thanks / Like

This one might be a another good move for them

Silvagni

St Kilda searching for new list boss after James Gallagher departs the club

St Kilda is on the hunt for a new list manager to help spearhead the club’s resurgence after parting ways with talent boss James Gallagher.

The Saints confirmed on Tuesday Gallagher would depart the club as he looked to move home to South Australia for family reasons.

The club will embark on a process to find a replacement although it remains unclear whether former Carlton list boss and ex-St Kilda assistant coach Stephen Silvagni will be a target.

Silvagni was cut by the Blues over an alleged conflict of interest because his son Jack was on the club’s list and has since led the league website’s trade coverage in recent years.

St Kilda’s list strategy has failed to help the club rise up the ladder in recent years following moves to top-up on some mature-age recruits including high-priced midfielders Brad Hill and Daniel Hannebery.

Other pickups include Dan Butler, Paddy Ryder, Zak Jones, Dougal Howard, James Frawley, Dean Kent and Shaun McKernan.

St Kilda’s recent football department review – which led to the sacking of coach Brett Ratten – recommended a change in list strategy after the club missed finals in 2022 despite an 8-3 start to the season.

Former North Melbourne coach David Noble helped lead the review, while former Kangaroos list boss Glenn Luff completed a list analysis for the Saints which found it lacked top-end talent.

The club’s new list boss will be on a mission to add more A-Graders, after missing out on Collingwood free agent Jordan De Goey, and recalibrate the salary cap.

The Saints are known to have a tighter-than-expected cap after the moves to add some mid-tier players on decent wages.

Gallagher, who played 38 games for Adelaide Crows, joined the Saints in 2018 after a career in banking

Chief executive Simon Lethlean thanked Gallagher for his contribution to the club over the past four years.

“James has contributed significantly to the improvement of our list and culture throughout his time at the Saints,” Lethlean said.

“He has an appetite for hard work and his care and passion for seeking to improve the quality of our list and the culture of our club was evident, no more so than when taking on more than just his primary duties throughout the Covid interrupted 2020 and 2021 years.

“We wish James, his wife Laura and children Jack, Alice and Olivia all the best for their move back home.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda's list to be dominated by GWS off casts if SOS gets the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    St Kilda's list to be dominated by GWS off casts if SOS gets the job.
    He did Carlton more recently so i expect him to be sourcing from that well this time...which is probably still GWS off casts just with a bit more wear on the tires.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaine Cordy lagging majorly behind in their running drills. 50m off the pace in 400s.

11. Thanks hujsh, bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda and CEO Simon Lethlean come to mutual agreement to part ways

Simon Lethlean has left his post as CEO of St Kilda, in a decision described by the club as mutual.

The former AFL footy boss replaced Matt Finnis as chief executive in late 2022, after previously being St Kilda?s general manager of football.

The split was announced on Thursday with chief operating officer Carl Dilena to step in as interim CEO.

?Simon and the board share the view that a new CEO would be best placed to take the club forward,? Saints president Andrew Bassat said.

Lethlean oversaw the surprise sacking of Brett Ratten months after he signed a contract extension and the installation of his replacement, Ross Lyon.

Lyon led the Saints to the finals in his first year in charge in 2023 but reports emerged mid year about a split between Lyon and Lethlean.

The returning coach brought in virtually a brand new regime into the football department and while both the coach and CEO denied any rift, Lethlean acknowledged the new direction at St Kilda was part of his reason for stepping away.

?The club has a new coach and a new strategy and I have agreed with the president that it is time for the club to seek a new CEO,? Lethlean said on Thursday.

Lyon said in July the pair had worked amicably to that point.

?Clearly when I?ve been transitioning into the club, there has been a new regime in football,? Lyon said then.

?Things are done differently and there are changes, teams are disbanded.

?There has been some change and with change, I wouldn?t say there is unhappiness but sometimes not everyone is comfortable with change.

?From my end and Simon?s end, we are fine. We have common friends and people professionally we have worked with.?

The Saints boasted a record membership tally of 60,239 in 2023 and a statutory profit of just over $1.7 million.

But the club remains reliant on AFL distributions, having received just over $13 million from the league in 2023.

Lethlean was forced to resign from his role at the AFL in 2017 after what then league CEO Gillon McLachlan described as an ?inappropriate? relationship with a younger staffer.

13. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look out commercial property world, you're getting a new drop in!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Lyon is in charge. Coach/CEO.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

How do I get to be Simon Lethlean?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    How do I get to be Simon Lethlean?
    Lawyer
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirty business running a football club.

Ross is the Boss it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Dirty business running a football club.

Ross is the Boss it seems.
    Both accused of alleged inappropriate sexual misconduct in past jobs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.