Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  232
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL Aints

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LOL Aints

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They'll do more than that.

He could easily be offered a 5 year deal to coach them and I don't think we could match it.
    Grant Thomas is a HUGE fan of Bevo. On SEN today he was saying bring Luke home. Loves him. He inferred that they must have someone teed up already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Grant Thomas is a HUGE fan of Bevo. On SEN today he was saying bring Luke home. Loves him. He inferred that they must have someone teed up already.
    I heard him as well. If the Saints put a 5 year deal in front of Bevo I don't think we could match it and given what he has done for us it would be hard to stand in his way. I'd still back Bevo to stick with us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They'll do more than that.

He could easily be offered a 5 year deal to coach them and I don't think we could match it.
    Could or would?

Of course we could match it. We are in much better financial shape than The Aints. They also now have a massive pay out for a newly re-signed coach.

It's whether we would which would be an interesting scenario. I expect the club would stick by Bevo and at least hold him to his contract.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Could or would?

Of course we could match it. We are in much better financial shape than The Aints. They also now have a massive pay out for a newly re-signed coach.

It's whether we would which would be an interesting scenario. I expect the club would stick by Bevo and at least hold him to his contract.
    I'm not coming at this from a financial position. We are more than solid. At best Bevo gets a 2 or 3 year extension and I couldn't see us matching 5 years because our form, consistency and some issues within the paying group have raised some questions.
    If he wants to stay he gets that 2 or 3 year deal. Very straight forward.
    How hard we are prepared to fight and hold him if he wanted us to match 5 year offer I'm not so sure about.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking about financial position, Saints are in a mess with the highest debt of any club at $10 million. They did well to reduce the debt by $4 million, but are still well behind.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would Bevo trust a 5 year deal from the Saints? They just re-signed Ratten to two years and look how that turned out!

I don't think any coach should ever be signed to a 5 year deal.

9. Likes EasternWest, Dry Rot, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Why would Bevo trust a 5 year deal from the Saints? They just re-signed Ratten to two years and look how that turned out!

I don't think any coach should ever be signed to a 5 year deal.
    I agree but it would be financial security, if not being in a job security.

Love, hate or in between Bevo, I think he is built a bit differently and that financial/job security less important than most.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Thomas actually said on SEN this morning that Bevo should be approached, he rates him highly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I agree but it would be financial security, if not being in a job security.

Love, hate or in between Bevo, I think he is built a bit differently and that financial/job security less important than most.
    I agree. I think Bevo is a bulldog man now, and will only leave when pushed.

Article on the age website details how this idea seemed to be solidified on Lindsay Fox's multi million dollar week-long birthday yacht cruise, and that higher ups at St Kilda are keen to get Ross Lyon back. It's like Essendon but even worse!

13. Likes jeemak, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo is a coach not a player, and is under contract in 2023.

Hypothetically how does he move to the Saints* without our agreement to release him from his contract?

* I made a typo typing "Saints" and autocorrect turned that into "Santa"

What do they know?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Bevo is a coach not a player, and is under contract in 2023.

Hypothetically how does he move to the Saints* without our agreement to release him from his contract?

* I made a typo typing "Saints" and autocorrect turned that into "Santa"

What do they know?
    He doesn't move without our agreement but if there was an offer made that gave him a long term security that we decided we didn't want to match would we really stand in his way given what he's achieved for us?

Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't move without our agreement but if there was an offer made that gave him a long term security that we decided we didn't want to match would we really stand in his way given what he's achieved for us?
    Wait are we talking about Beveridge or Dunkley?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

In 149 years Saints have only 1 coach that coached longer than 6 years. Allan Jeans.

18. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the news tonight Rory Lobb pretty much said he wanted to come to the Bulldogs because he met with Bevo and Bevo sold him on the idea. I don't reckon Bevo is the sort of person to make promises to someone and then leave them in the lurch a week later.

Besides he knows that a five year contract isn't worth the paper it's written on, especially one from St Kilda.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Bevo would move to Saints regardless whaT they offer. BEVO has the board, in an org with good management and admin, a great workplace already established with strong relationships vs toxic place like the saints . Why would he move ?

His taken is to 2 GF with 1 flag, thats in top echelon of coaches

I be very very disappointed if he leaves . He seems a good culture builder and wants to create legacy.
    Last edited by macca; 15-10-2022 at 12:44 PM.

21. Likes Bulldog4life, Murphy'sLore liked this post