Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  232
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL Aints

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LOL Aints

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I doubt Bevo would move to Saints regardless whaT they offer. BEVO has the board, in an org with good management and admin, a grrst place 5k work vs toxic place od the saints . Why would he move ?

His taken is to 2 GF with 1 flag, thats in top echelon of coaches

I be very very disappointed if he lives. He seems a good culture builder and wants to create legacy.
    This seems harsh
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Saints have little choice other than to go down the path of a first time senior coach. For a club that survives on massive AFL handouts and reportedly still ten million dollars in debt the AFEL surely would not look too kindly on big dollar offers to Lyon, Cameron or Bevo when the Saints already have two years of payment now owing to Ratten. Yze has to be favourite (and a bit cheaper).

3. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

This seems harsh
    Great pickup
    My typing gets worst with auto correct activated nowadays

I have made the amendment
    Thanks bt

5. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Saints have little choice other than to go down the path of a first time senior coach. For a club that survives on massive AFL handouts and reportedly still ten million dollars in debt the AFEL surely would not look too kindly on big dollar offers to Lyon, Cameron or Bevo when the Saints already have two years of payment now owing to Ratten. Yze has to be favourite (and a bit cheaper).
    According to The Age, the payout may only be 6 months, due to a clause in his contract
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    I would love it if LYon gets appointed , it would be full circle irony

The whole Carlton debacle where he did not want to go through the process but was semi-interested in the job became a side show

8. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love it if LYon gets appointed , it would be full circle irony

The whole Carlton debacle where he did not want to go through the process but was semi-interested in the job became a side show
    Do you mean Essendon?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    According to The Age, the payout may only be 6 months, due to a clause in his contract
    I think that may be an AFL imposed rule in all soft cap situations. I'm sure I read somewhere that after Hawthorn had to pay Clarkson a year's salary to sit on the couch they bought in a rule that a senior coach only gets six months of his contract payed out no matter how long he has left.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Thanks Scorlibo thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think that may be an AFL imposed rule in all soft cap situations. I'm sure I read somewhere that after Hawthorn had to pay Clarkson a year's salary to sit on the couch they bought in a rule that a senior coach only gets six months of his contract payed out no matter how long he has left.
    Yes I think you are right

Post Thanks / Like

Twodogs your memory is amazing

Is this now known as the Bench Clarkson rule ?

Post Thanks / Like

Twodogs your memory is amazing

Is this now known as the Bench Clarkson rule ?
    Sounds like a good name to me
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is an appalling outcome after signing a 2 year deal. While understanding he would have signed off on that when he agreed to the contract at the very least he should get a 12 month payout.
    It's hard to understand why the Saints appear to have jumped back on to the Ryan Lyon bandwagon given the way he left them to go to Fremantle.
    There has to be a to more to this than what they have shared so far.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Ratten at Hawthorn during the Pagan / Clarkson era? Is there a chance Ratten's name has come up in the AFL investigation?

Perhaps the Saints have been tipped off. Maybe clutching at straws but I can't explain why he would be sacked so suddenly.
    Last edited by 1eyedog; 17-10-2022 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Wasn't Ratten at Hawthorn during the Pagan / Clarkson era? Is there a chance Ratten's name has come up in the AFL investigation?

Perhaps the Saints have been tipped off. Maybe clutching at straws but I can't explain why he would be sacked so suddenly.
    It's one of the reasons being speculated on but you would have to wonder why the Saints have jumped earlier than North or Brisbane have?

Seems to have been a more internal reason than anything else.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How ridiculous is that. The Clubs get the full term of the contract as security while the individuals only ever get 6 months.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

22. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    How ridiculous is that. The Clubs get the full term of the contract as security while the individuals only ever get 6 months.
    I think a more responsible change would be that clubs still have to pay out the remainder of the coach's contract but only 6 months count towards the soft cap. Gives the coaches financial security without ruining the clubs off field cap if that coach needs to be let go.

24. Likes GVGjr, Topdog, Scorlibo, Mofra liked this post