Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blues want ‘as many blockbusters as possible’ as more Magic Round, opening week details emerge

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That thought has dawned on me.
    We have a North supporter Roscoe as a member who pops on here occasionally and his memory for detail about North players is right up there.

I'm a magnet.
    We should give you the unofficial nickname "Magneto".

As for Roscoe, always enjoy a visit from that guy.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blues want ‘as many blockbusters as possible’ as more Magic Round, opening week details emerge

While it didn't suit everyone, given I live in Brisbane and given I love, love, LOVE watching footy with a couple mates over a few beers on a Thurs/Fri/Sat night, the approach to having a "floating fixture" this year was heaven for me (not so much for my wife and that's another story altogether!)

Anyway, locking too many "block buster" time slots in before the season is underway can be a real bummer cause I still remember all those Friday nights a few years back where the footy was so boring cause Carlton were getting flogged by 100 points every match.

I don't mind them when they're up and running though. Enjoyable to watch and I'd happily watch them in prime-time if they're competitive. But....that's not guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it either has to be a floating fixture where the best games are chosen for best timeslots with prior knowledge of what they will be, or a locked in fixture that evenly distributes the prime time games around the comp so every team gets a chance to grow.

Not the classic AFL method of the best where they try to predict the big games of the season all in advance and are always super optimistic on the big Melbourne clubs actually delivering.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Port v Dogs sold out in Gather Round.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/874724/s...n-gather-round

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Port v Dogs sold out in Gather Round.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/874724/s...n-gather-round
    Do we get any extra money to compensate for the extra away game? Like if these are 'neutral' games we at least split the gate receipts right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Do we get any extra money to compensate for the extra away game? Like if these are 'neutral' games we at least split the gate receipts right?
    I don't believe there are any home or away teams, although the SA teams obviously get a home ground advantage.

AFL clubs will each receive a $500,000 windfall from the round and will be able to spend $200,000 above the football department’s soft cap.

Post Thanks / Like

Our Gather Round fixture is number one bullshit and I hope we’re getting some sort of compensation measure for it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Our Gather Round fixture is number one bullshit and I hope we’re getting some sort of compensation measure for it.
    see above
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    see above
    Actually read the article? Wouldn’t have thought so
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Actually read the article? Wouldn’t have thought so
    Nah we still don't get compensated. I mean financially we get the same as everyone else, but seeing as we are one of two teams actually playing away games instead of neutral ones I would argue we are entitled to more.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

11. Likes Happy Days, hujsh, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't believe there are any home or away teams, although the SA teams obviously get a home ground advantage.
    Oh so literally nothing. Maybe a good TV spot but I'm sure we won't be alone there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Good question, it might be a consideration with keeping the list spot open. It is an extra round of match payments.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good question, it might be a consideration with keeping the list spot open. It is an extra round of match payments.
    Um, I answered this above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Um, I answered this above.
    You claim to do a lot of things on this forum but we can never find any evidence of those things.....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes azabob, Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You claim to do a lot of things on this forum but we can never find any evidence of those things.....
    Sometimes I feel like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

18. Likes jeemak liked this post