Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLW - Finals 2022

Skills are shocking. Bad quarter, need to lift
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood are a class above our girls
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

3. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    was Sabrina paddle a throw??

We are too loose atm and need to tighten up.
    I thought so. Some tough (read: garbage) interpretations of standing the mark and holding the ball as well.

Structure and ball movement was better that quarter but still a fair way off the Pies in skill and ball-handling.

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Better quarter but can’t see a win here

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit smarter play and we could have snatched that

Post Thanks / Like

Last quarter the girls showed a lot of heart. Almost stole it. Good experience for a young side. We need a few more speedsters and a bit more composure when delivering into F50 and we’ll go deeper into finals. Lynch was Herculean/Amazonian today.

9. Likes bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just lacked a bit of composure in the end as BAD mentioned we could have snatched it.
    I hope Fitzgerald can have a good off season because she has all the looks of an elite player but just lacks the fitness and finish.
    I wish these girl could devote full time professionalism to this sport and they could come on leaps and bounds.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

11. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Just lacked a bit of composure in the end as BAD mentioned we could have snatched it.
    I hope Fitzgerald can have a good off season because she has all the looks of an elite player but just lacks the fitness and finish.
    I wish these girl could devote full time professionalism to this sport and they could come on leaps and bounds.
    Thinking exactly the same thing about Fitzy all season. A gallant fightback though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Last quarter the girls showed a lot of heart. Almost stole it. Good experience for a young side. We need a few more speedsters and a bit more composure when delivering into F50 and we’ll go deeper into finals. Lynch was Herculean/Amazonian today.
    How was the front on bump from Lambie

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How was the front on bump from Lambie
    Had me roaring, then I thought the out of zone ump had paid a free against her for it (realised it was for the next tackle).

It's been a great season with lots of youth and development to look forward to. We only have two regular best 21 players over 30 (Rocky and Bennetts), our best players are either in their prime (Blackburn 27, Lamb 28) or young with huge output ahead of them (Lynch 22, Brown 22, Hartwig 20, Pritchard 20, Berry 24 to name a few).

We've put together a really strong list. We have filled the hardest positions with very capable players - Lynch and Brown in key defence, Edmonds and Moody in the ruck and Newton effective as a key forward. When compared to the rest of the comp, we are doing well here especially after losing Huntington and Toogood.

I think a lot of our improvement will just come from these younger players, rather than any aggressive trading. There is SO much growth in our team. I hope our draft (if there even is one) targets some speed and players with forward nous.

16. Likes josie, HOSE B ROMERO, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They fought back hard and I think cranked some of the form from early in the season that suggested they are on the right track and should expect to be in the mix if they perform. It looked like they were just going to make up the numbers after round 5 or so, but I think we’re almost ready to put ourselves right up top.

When the pies were up, they looked far superior in every facet of the game. When we were up, we looked more ferocious and stronger in the air. Need to show the full tool bag when we have the ascendency.

In all, a positive season. Set themselves up well for a big crack in the next year or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Had me roaring, then I thought the out of zone ump had paid a free against her for it (realised it was for the next tackle).

It's been a great season with lots of youth and development to look forward to. We only have two regular best 21 players over 30 (Rocky and Bennetts), our best players are either in their prime (Blackburn 27, Lamb 28) or young with huge output ahead of them (Lynch 22, Brown 22, Hartwig 20, Pritchard 20, Berry 24 to name a few).

We've put together a really strong list. We have filled the hardest positions with very capable players - Lynch and Brown in key defence, Edmonds and Moody in the ruck and Newton effective as a key forward. When compared to the rest of the comp, we are doing well here especially after losing Huntington and Toogood.

I think a lot of our improvement will just come from these younger players, rather than any aggressive trading. There is SO much growth in our team. I hope our draft (if there even is one) targets some speed and players with forward nous.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    They fought back hard and I think cranked some of the form from early in the season that suggested they are on the right track and should expect to be in the mix if they perform. It looked like they were just going to make up the numbers after round 5 or so, but I think we’re almost ready to put ourselves right up top.

When the pies were up, they looked far superior in every facet of the game. When we were up, we looked more ferocious and stronger in the air. Need to show the full tool bag when we have the ascendency.

In all, a positive season. Set themselves up well for a big crack in the next year or two.
    Good summary fellas. Didn't realise we had three 17 year olds playing today. Future looks bright if we can hold the team together.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully with all the expansion teams in the comp we no longer lose any players we want to keep.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Hopefully with all the expansion teams in the comp we no longer lose any players we want to keep.
    There will continue to be pressure as they need to work or study as well until they are paid sufficiently.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Gabby Newton didn't have a preseason either so it was a very good effort by her. Will only improve.

22. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post