Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  49
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mattaes Phillipou

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Hilarious BT. Trumpty Dumpty.
    I was more shocked. Reading the article, it sounded like/all I heard was Trump in the style and context of Phillipou. I found it off putting to read. I don’t warm to him in the slightest.
    Official - WOOF Verified

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don’t warm to him in the slightest.
    Just wait till he gets drafted to The Hanger.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'!"

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw an article this morning where he states he wants to be a One-Club player.

https://apple.news/ADixuBOSYRc-Sid6i69YZEQ

With quotes like this I think he is listening to advice some people around him have been giving him for a while:

“I’ve always been a guy that’s wanted to go to one club and have a long career there,” he told Sportsday SA.
    “I’ve studied Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan quite heavily coming through, being a basketball guy, looking at those two characters they’re very loyal and that’s how I aspire to be like with whichever club I get drafted to.
    “I see myself taking an opportunity interstate and then staying there for a very long time.”
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Thanks bornadog, Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he will still be available at our pick but I hope that he is.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Same. I'm not worried by his confidence (arrogance). I think we need a little of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Essendon all over him, and Hawthorn have flown him to Melbourne for more interviews.
    I don't think we'll get close.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Essendon all over him, and Hawthorn have flown him to Melbourne for more interviews.
    It was always unlikely, we will another good one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The rumour over the weekend is the Dons looking to trade back because Phillipou will be available later on, then the Hawks fly him out a few days later? Hawks trolling the Dons? They hate each other could be coincidence but I prefer the trolling angle!

11. Likes bulldogtragic, Mofra, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    The rumour over the weekend is the Dons looking to trade back because Phillipou will be available later on, then the Hawks fly him out a few days later? Hawks trolling the Dons? They hate each other could be coincidence but I prefer the trolling angle!
    It's a reasonable suggestion but Essendon might find that a flawed logic to trade down and still expect to get him.
    Some clubs might find him a bit of a puzzle but someone will bite early.

Post Thanks / Like

From SEN

South Australian draft prospect Mattaes Phillipou turned heads after describing himself as a mix of AFL greats Marcus Bontempelli and Nat Fyfe.

Given the heights that pair have reached, whatever club Phillipou joins will be hoping he turns out to be anything like the duo, and he may just have the skillset to do so.

Described as a big-bodied midfield that can go forward and change games, Phillipou has been ranked at number nine in draft expert Cal Twomey’s phantom form guide on AFL.com.au.

Kane Cornes is one pundit that's a fan of Phillipou’s confidence but described the still 17-year-old’s statement as “strong”.

Speaking on SEN Sportsday, Cornes asked Twomey – who has followed Phillipou’s journey – whether the Woodville West Torrens youngster needed to “pull his head in a little bit”.

While Twomey describes Phillipou as one of the more confident players he has encountered, he doesn’t feel his ultra-confidence is considered a negative by clubs.

“He would be right up there for the most confident players I’ve interviewed,” Twomey replied.

“There’s been a few over the last 10 years in covering the draft, he’d be right up there.

“That’s not a front, that’s his natural confidence and self-belief in himself to be really, really good.

“To a fair degree, I think clubs like the fact he’s backing himself into being a star.

“He wants to be great, he doesn’t just want to be a player, he wants to be a really good player and a really good player quickly.

“I don’t think he has to pull his head in, I just think clubs have gotten used to the personality type that he is and what that’s going to mean for his footy club.”

Phillipou looks destined to be the first player drafted from his state when this year’s National Draft takes place on the 28th and 29th of November.

Post Thanks / Like

Corey Norris Twitter:

Top South Australian draft prospect Mattaes Phillipou admits he’s recently spoken to Brad Scott and hopes he’s taken by @essendonfc - loves the prospect of being in the spotlight and playing in big games. @9NewsAdel
    Official - WOOF Verified

Post Thanks / Like

Listened to him being interviewed by Dwayne Russell and he's confident but that should not put clubs off him. He wont make it to us.