Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Bulldogs crowd moments

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Met there for many years till they invented the Can Bar, and we moved up there.

What I loved about those years was the passion the crowd displayed.

When the crowd was at capacity, the atmosphere was incredible. The closest to that at a small stadium was when we took over GWS ground for the Prelim in 2016.

One of the best games was 1985 round 5 v Bombres when 33,000 showed up and we smashed them by 41 points, of course they won the Premiership that year. 1985 the missed opportunity for us.

Edit: I just looked up that game and one of my favourites back then Lally Bamblett kicked 4:2 from 8 disposals. would love to have him in the team today. Kicked 50 goals that year and as usual, under rated by stupid MSM.

A snip from that game. We kicked 7 in the 3rd to their 3 points and blew them away

I know we touched on how good a player Choco Royal was in the S.O.O. thread, but his goal in this game on (I think) the stroke of half time was a thing of beauty... Purser taps to Royal who streams out of the centre square taking a couple of bounces and then banged it home from 55m on the left.

Post Thanks / Like

Hall kicking 7 in the 2010 NAB Cup final, and by goal 5 or 6 the whole crowd chanting, “BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRY, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRY, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRY“. That was a very fun afternoon.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Hall kicking 7 in the 2010 NAB Cup final, and by goal 5 or 6 the whole crowd chanting, “BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRY, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRY, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRY“. That was a very fun afternoon.
    Oh yes! How could I forget that. Was all we had to hang our hat on back in those days.

When Bruce kicked 10 v North (that didn't count I think I'm never sure about this joke) the crowd was doing the same thing but to Brucey.

Can't say we aren't consistent !

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Day KT kicked 15 goals.

When he was going for his 15th, the crowd ran on the ground. You can see in the video below (around 3min mark), even the coach, Don McKenzie was on the ground and the siren hadn't even gone. I was there but didn't run on.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Sutton conducting the crowd when they got Mike Brady to update Sons of the Scray and they got him to play the new version from the staircase of the Gent Stand before a home game. Must have been early '80s.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Charlie Sutton conducting the crowd when they got Mike Brady to update Sons of the Scray and they got him to play the new version from the staircase of the Gent Stand before a home game. Must have been early '80s.
    The most disgusting version of a team song ever.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Nice, any video of that anywhere TD?

Post Thanks / Like

Last season, we had a good 50 or so people yelling BUUUUUUU and the next bay KUUUUUUUU over and over in the most obnoxious, terrific way possible. That was the most fun night at the footy for years.

Conga line on the G post flag.

The crowd when Munson started a fight v Melbourne on the members wing, mid late BMAC era. It really lit a spark under the fans, who went up with a FOOTSCRAY chant, for the first time in years. Was really passionate. Actually the start of the flag that wagged for me.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Last season, we had a good 50 or so people yelling BUUUUUUU and the next bay KUUUUUUUU over and over in the most obnoxious, terrific way possible. That was the most fun night at the footy for years.

Conga line on the G post flag.

The crowd when Munson started a fight v Melbourne on the members wing, mid late BMAC era. It really lit a spark under the fans, who went up with a FOOTSCRAY chant, for the first time in years. Was really passionate. Actually the start of the flag that wagged for me.
    Nice love the Buku chant!

What's the conga line on the G??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Nice love the Buku chant!

What's the conga line on the G??
    During the post game celebrations there was at least 200 fans doing a conga line while Vance joy played a Paul Simon cover, it was absurd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    During the post game celebrations there was at least 200 fans doing a conga line while Vance joy played a Paul Simon cover, it was absurd.
    Superb.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly anything to do with the preliminary final in Sydney in 2016. The atmosphere in the Pub (I think that is it's actual name) at Homebush pre game was absolutely unbelievable. It was almost like I was catching up with everyone I had ever met standing at the Western Oval during the down years. We travelling Bulldogs owned that joint and then started to walk over to the ground where we owned that as well. After the game back to the drinking establishments in the area where although still in a daze at what had just happened we owned them as well. Then the drive back to Vic. the next day was just a convoy of cars with Doggies scarves out the window. Doesn't get any better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Honestly anything to do with the preliminary final in Sydney in 2016. The atmosphere in the Pub (I think that is it's actual name) at Homebush pre game was absolutely unbelievable. It was almost like I was catching up with everyone I had ever met standing at the Western Oval during the down years. We travelling Bulldogs owned that joint and then started to walk over to the ground where we owned that as well. After the game back to the drinking establishments in the area where although still in a daze at what had just happened we owned them as well. Then the drive back to Vic. the next day was just a convoy of cars with Doggies scarves out the window. Doesn't get any better.
    So true.

Was something else that game.

I have a great story from that game too.

Last 5 minutes I literally couldn't look, I had my head in my hands looking through the slits in my fingers. I'd been to all the previous 7 losing prelims and I just felt like this was going the same way (were we 14 down in the last?).
    So we hit the lead, then with 30 seconds to go Stringer centres that ball to Dickson and we had it. The guy behind me with the radio giving the time calls started exclaiming "We are in the bloody Grand Final, We are in the bloody Grand Final", I started hugging my wife, randos, dogs, security guards, pie kids, not the beer people...had tears. The siren goes we are all delirious.

The delirium lifts eventually and the twenty something GWS supporter that was next to us all night in his Giants gear starts making his way out.

Me, tears still apparent having been in his position so many times graciously extend my hand and say "you've got a great side mate you'll be there soon"....to which he replied straight faced.

"I don't care", and walked off.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 04-11-2022 at 03:00 PM.

18. Likes Bulldog4life, jeemak, Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    We arrived in the morning before lunch and headed down to the Rocks/Opera house area. I couldn't believe the number of scarves and hats and jumpers - we were everywhere. Ran into a couple of WOOFers down there as well - Comrade, Aker39 a few more.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The March to the G for the Crows final in 15 was pretty special.

22. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Max469 liked this post