Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  180
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: AFL next CEO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL next CEO

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Gill says everything's fine and we're all idiots.
    Stop looking idiot.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Did Robbo actually give an opinion why Gale was overlooked or just a bunch of jibrish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Stop looking idiot.
    I know, right.

The CEO's told us everything's fine with the process to replace him and that should be good enough for us. After all, we've never been as happy or impressed as we are now with the state of the game, let alone the new clothes he's doing his final march down the street in.........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I know, right.

The CEO's told us everything's fine with the process to replace him and that should be good enough for us. After all, we've never been as happy as we are now with the state of the game, let alone the new clothes he's doing his final march down the street in.........
    I can’t recall where I read it but apparently Gilligan hasn’t exactly been inundated with job offers.

Post Thanks / Like

Gill just took another +$2m from the AFL coffers after the process runs way over, but it it?s all OK. Gill tells us there is no issue!

Gill. Supposedly the best sports administrator in Australia if not the world but over his journey has not been able to coach/develop/mentor a clear successor. But he is so good that they are begging him to stay. You can?t make this stuff up.

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gill. Comes from generational wealth. Grew up on a legacy mansion in SA. His uncle was the Defence Minister for the country. Went to one of the best private school’s in the country. Grew up playing polo. Went to Melbourne University. Started at the AFL at age 27, so really didn’t hold a “real job” for any real length of time.

Gee whiz, he overcome so much adversity and showed so much grit against all odds to to become the AFL CEO! The way he is constantly held in such high esteem baffles me.

8. Likes hujsh, The bulldog tragician, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I can’t recall where I read it but apparently Gilligan hasn’t exactly been inundated with job offers.
    I think there's tension between handling the pandemic well, but completely ****ing up the racism stuff multiple times holding him back.

Plus, the corporate world much like everyone outside of the AFL circle jerk bubble knows running the AFL is a turkey shoot. His job would be like running Coles if Woollies didn't exist and only IGA and Aldi were there to bother him from time to time. It's harder to **** it up than succeed.

Outside of pharma or mining/ petrochem, which industries enjoy the lack of competition the AFL does? He's the last guy I'd be taking to war.

10. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Gill. Comes from generational wealth. Grew up on a legacy mansion in SA. His uncle was the Defence Minister for the country. Went to one of the best private school’s in the country. Grew up playing polo. Went to Melbourne University. Started at the AFL at age 27, so really didn’t hold a “real job” for any real length of time.

Gee whiz, he overcome so much adversity and showed so much grit against all odds to to become the AFL CEO! The way he is constantly held in such high esteem baffles me.
    Exactly.

In my personal (and limited) experiences with him, he really did come across as the most privo mother****er I've ever met. Way worse than the Old Xaverian arseholes or Melbourne Grammar ponces I had the displeasure losing games of football to. He just reeked shithead.

An interesting juxtaposition for how you and I may feel though, is how Peter Gordon feels about him.

12. Likes hujsh, angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.

In my personal (and limited) experiences with him, he really did come across as the most privo mother****er I've ever met. Way worse than the Old Xaverian arseholes or Melbourne Grammar ponces I had the displeasure losing games of football to. He just reeked shithead.

An interesting juxtaposition for how you and I may feel though, is how Peter Gordon feels about him.
    The biggest issue that I have is that he actually achieved nothing personally prior to starting in the AFL. Basically fresh out of university and a few years working at a big four consulting firm. The AFL is like a big political party. You get ahead by who you impress rather than the work that you actually do. What is important is how you are perceived not what you do. Career unionist/politicians like Dan Andrews are similar albeit from a different socio-economic part of society. Never had a real job where you are judged on what you actually do.

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed - click for full story

Andrew Dillon appointed new AFL chief executive
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Confirmed - click for full story

Andrew Dillon appointed new AFL chief executive
    What a long drawn out process and the possibly best credentialed candidate was in house anyway.
    I get that you need to conduct a thorough search but it took way too long.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

This triumph of the human spirit should be documented with a brand new Netflix original series.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This triumph of the human spirit should be documented with a brand new Netflix original series.
    We could name it "Fyre Festival 2: CEO boogaloo"
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Sedat, ReLoad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    We could name it "Fyre Festival 2: CEO boogaloo"
    Who will play the role of Ja Rule?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Who will play the role of Ja Rule?
    Well he claimed it was "not his fault" so really anyone in City Hall could play him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

21. Thanks Sedat, azabob thanked for this post