Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: AFL next CEO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL next CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Oh gold.

DILLS!

There is literally DILLS in charge.
    If his appointment doesn't work out and if the incumbent cannot find suitable future corporate employment, at least they have a fail-safe option to join Triple M and start up "The weekday drive-home with DILLS and GILLS".

I can see the ads plastered all over the number 86 tram line now.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

One thing in Andrew Dillon's favour when he eventually takes over is that he doesn't register anywhere near as highly on the smug-o-meter as the incumbent - I think the punters will appreciate the significant reduction in smarm that Polo Gil possesses in abundance.

Also being a legal eagle, he will be much better placed to navigate through the entire head trauma minefield that is approaching with the speed of a bullet train and will completely dominate the landscape and drastically impact the direction of the code for the foreseeable future - despite his immaculate hair and his exquisite ribbon-cutting technique, I'm not quite sure Gil has the mental bandwidth to manage such complex and intricate issues.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes GVGjr, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    One thing in Andrew Dillon's favour when he eventually takes over is that he doesn't register anywhere near as highly on the smug-o-meter as the incumbent - I think the punters will appreciate the significant reduction in smarm that Polo Gil possesses in abundance.

Also being a legal eagle, he will be much better placed to navigate through the entire head trauma minefield that is approaching with the speed of a bullet train and will completely dominate the landscape and drastically impact the direction of the code for the foreseeable future - despite his immaculate hair and his exquisite ribbon-cutting technique, I'm not quite sure Gil has the mental bandwidth to manage such complex and intricate issues.
    From some reports the clubs like him more than Gill.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out for Laura Kane, now Acting General Manager, Football Operations, sure to be confirmed now that Dillon's gone. Still in her 30s, hard as and not (high whistle, low whistle), started at Melbourne Uni Footy Club (Womens) in year 7 !. A footy player at Melb Uni; lawyer, personal injuries and actions against pedos rather than commercial; footy administrator with North Melbourne and its women's team. Better positioned judges than me, perhaps just drink more, predict Laura to become the first female AFL CEO.

6. Thanks GVGjr, jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't cut quite the same dash in moleskins, RM Williams and houndstooth sports coats.

Post Thanks / Like

I played against Dillon a couple of times in his final years, he was a pretty good footballer (anyone who got a gig with Xavs in those days was a pretty good footballer, I guess). Unassuming.

Now I've had my fair share of laughs about how ridiculous the process to appoint him was when they could have just gone to the boys club in the first place, I'm prepared to see how he handles the shit show Gill will leave behind after kicking the can down the road on a number of issues before I write him off.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    He doesn't cut quite the same dash in moleskins, RM Williams and houndstooth sports coats.
    How’s Dillon’s polo game?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t respect APS old boys footy, lawyers or the position of AFL CEO at all so safe to say I’m out on Dillon and am looking forward to the pics from his 21st birthday costume party dropping.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes hujsh, EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I don’t respect APS old boys footy, lawyers or the position of AFL CEO at all so safe to say I’m out on Dillon and am looking forward to the pics from his 21st birthday costume party dropping.
    Ha ha ha.
    "It's over. It's all over."