Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does Jamarra Play in 2023

With Rory Lobb coming in and Naughton already a Star Full Forward, where does Jamarra play and what is his role?

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where does Jamarra Play in 2023

Where Naughton doesn't.
    When Astro is deep, Marra plays high.

When Astro plays high, Marra plays deep.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes Matjoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think similar to this year.

I really doubt we will have Lobb and Bruce in the same forward line so Naughton Lobb Marra as the talls and as Mofra said swapping high low.

I'm interested in where Darcy goes too.

Post Thanks / Like

He plays in premiership winning forward line.

6. Likes EasternWest, Bumper Bulldogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think similar to this year.

I really doubt we will have Lobb and Bruce in the same forward line so Naughton Lobb Marra as the talls and as Mofra said swapping high low.

I'm interested in where Darcy goes too.
    To be honest unless we are planning to play Bruce as a defender he should start the season in the forward line along with Lobb and Naughton and the onus would be Marra to take his spot.
    What we absolutely must do is pick players on form which I don't think has been a strong point for the match committee.

If we assume Marra gets ahead of Bruce then we should place him close to goal alongside of Lobb with Naughton in the CHF position.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To be honest unless we are planning to play Bruce as a defender he should start the season in the forward line along with Lobb and Naughton and the onus would be Marra to take his spot.
    What we absolutely must do is pick players on form which I don't think has been a strong point for the match committee.

If we assume Marra gets ahead of Bruce then we should place him close to goal alongside of Lobb with Naughton in the CHF position.
    I agree with the general point that its 3 of the 4 in the team - but based on 2022 form Marra is playing ahead of Bruce.

The onus is on Bruce to recapture his 2021 form more than it's on Marra, because if they're at a similar level I'm picking the young guy with upside.

10. Thanks comrade thanked for this post
    Likes Matjoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I agree with the general point that its 3 of the 4 in the team - but based on 2022 form Marra is playing ahead of Bruce.

The onus is on Bruce to recapture his 2021 form more than it's on Marra, because if they're at a similar level I'm picking the young guy with upside.
    I'm just not sure it's right to compare Bruce's 2022 form with anyone. We botched his return and he should have played at least 2 more weeks at Footscray before being promoted.
    As long as we pick the best players we should do well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Thanks Dogs 24/7 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

Me too, I guess it depends on our balance between eye to short term future (24/25) or the now.

Personally I wouldn't want to waste a year of Marra dev, or Darcy dev to get Bruce into the side.

If it's on merit, fine, he's a good player when up and going but I'm thinking Marra could already be as good.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra = Centre Half Forward.

The problem with Naughton playing CHF is that he often doesn't seem to know what to do when he gets the ball in a bit of space. His passing skills are basic only and he is not wiz with the handball either. If he is more than a kick out he plays on without thinking too often and the opposition are now onto this seemingly unmanageable tendency.

Naughton is also a good ball up and, to a lesser extent, throw in ruck option deep in the forward line. His bull in a china shop, search and destroy ground game is also best when he can have a snap at goal or turns it into an assist for a teammate to have a ping.

Jamarra, on the other hand is proving a good leading mark, is a beautiful mover in play and off the mark and has truly elite disposal skills and vision. I feel that he has the better long shot kick too.

Bruce, despite his size and physique is just a close to goal foxer, not a CHF (or back up ruck either).

Darcy could be the challenger for CHF but I think he will have to be groomed to take over #1 ruck in 2-3 years. He can also play KPB and tall back pocket or forward pocket too.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

15. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Jamarra = Centre Half Forward.
    You are the only one so far to actually work out a position for JUH. Maybe I framed the question incorrectly.

I meant where does JUH actually play - FF, CHF, HFF, FP.

I like your idea of CHF, but does that mean Lobb and Naughton play deep?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Does he have a tank big enough to play anywhere other than FP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Does he have a tank big enough to play anywhere other than FP?
    Big question but this is now his 3rd pre season so he needs to develop a tank to handle leading up the ground.

19. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You are the only one so far to actually work out a position for JUH. Maybe I framed the question incorrectly.

I meant where does JUH actually play - FF, CHF, HFF, FP.

I like your idea of CHF, but does that mean Lobb and Naughton play deep?
    Absolutely: Naughton FF, Lobb/English = FP/Ruck
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

The penny is about to drop with this kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm just not sure it's right to compare Bruce's 2022 form with anyone. We botched his return and he should have played at least 2 more weeks at Footscray before being promoted.
    As long as we pick the best players we should do well.
    I think we were forced to play Bruce to some extent as that weekend our VFL team had a bye and his progress would have been stifled. It must have been a hard decision for the MC.