Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs in talks to extend Luke Beveridge contract

Great news!

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Lock it in I say. If he has a bad, bad year then we spend money paying him off and getting someone else in. He will get poached - proven coach. Given there is no one remotely better available on the market why would you give the opposition a sniff.
    We should not be scared to pay him out if we have a bad year in 23 because there has to be other coaches in waiting out there like McRae Kingsley and Longmuir. We should back Beveridge but if the results don't flow we should not keep him on because he has a big contract or we might get some bad press.

Post Thanks / Like

I give him two years and the option for a third if we are pointing in the right direction.
    I have followed the dogs for 50 odd years and he has been the best coach we have had in my life time.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

5. Likes bornadog, F'scary, Jeanette54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    As much as he has done for us I agree there are some red flags but he was always going to be given another contract.
    Top 5 should be the benchmark and we shouldnt accept soft excuses if we dont play the sort of football to get us there.
    And we don't finish top 5, have an early exit and underachieve again we've got him locked in for another 2 years.

I'm in 2 minds, it would be a distraction off field had he not committed. There would be speculation all season on where he may be going or if we're going to sign him etc. Then there is the other side of the coin, we have another underachieving season and we'd either have to see out his contract or pay him out.

I don't lean ether way FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like

If we've had a review that's suggested he needed some support, and we've gotten him Lade at the same time the players have on multiple occasions put their hand up for the poor season then giving him an extension of two years says that we're backing him and we're good to go for a tilt.

Having him walk out now would be incredibly destabilising, and we don't need that when we're supposed to be primed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes EasternWest, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If we've had a review that's suggested he needed some support, and we've gotten him Lade at the same time the players have on multiple occasions put their hand up for the poor season then giving him an extension of two years says that we're backing him and we're good to go for a tilt.

Having him walk out now would be incredibly destabilising, and we don't need that when we're supposed to be primed.
    Do we think Lade is enough? Maple is gone and there was a rumor on Rohan Smith departing as well, although haven't heard anything since.

Webb and Spangher still there, no replacement for Maple. I don't think we've done enough personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Do we think Lade is enough? Maple is gone and there was a rumor on Rohan Smith departing as well, although haven't heard anything since.

Webb and Spangher still there, no replacement for Maple. I don't think we've done enough personally.
    Perhaps we're not done, though it is getting a bit late in the year to be making substantial changes.

However, Maple was in a developmental role for his last years with us, and I think many believe it's the senior team preparation and match day stuff that needs attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we're not done, though it is getting a bit late in the year to be making substantial changes.

However, Maple was in a developmental role for his last years with us, and I think many believe it's the senior team preparation and match day stuff that needs attention.
    My understanding is there are a few more changes and it might all have to wait until the replacement for Maple is appointed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Thanks josie, jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last few years he has been Development and Operations Manager. Not sure what Operations Manager does.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Last few years he has been Development and Operations Manager. Not sure what Operations Manager does.
    Manages operations.

15. Likes Swoop, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Manages operations.
    Dewey knows more.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Manages operations.
    Very funny

Logistically though? What is his every day job? I can understand the term in a manufacturing or retail environment, but struggle to see how it is part of coaching

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Very funny

Logistically though? What is his every day job? I can understand the term in a manufacturing or retail environment, but struggle to see how it is part of coaching
    Are you yanking my chain BAD?

A football club is purely "operational". It doesn't produce anything, it literally just operates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    We should not be scared to pay him out if we have a bad year in 23 because there has to be other coaches in waiting out there like McRae Kingsley and Longmuir. We should back Beveridge but if the results don't flow we should not keep him on because he has a big contract or we might get some bad press.
    Agree wholeheartedly with this!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you yanking my chain BAD?

A football club is purely "operational". It doesn't produce anything, it literally just operates.
    Ok so he does nothing