Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  65
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Kennel - Jedd Busslinger

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Bruhn was always going to leave GWS. Look at what he was like in front of the camera.

When he said he's behind a lot of other players here I got the feeling he wanted to be the man straight up, that's not a problem, if he's good enough he'll make it. It just worries me that if he doesn't get much game time in the seniors and I suspect he won't, he'll ask for a move back to WA. We'll see how it pans out but first impressions him or his family didnt seem overly excited.
    I get what you mean but to me Jedd is clearly an introvert. The new footage on the website with him mic'd up would seem to support this.

He's clearly excited (but also overwhelmed), and his family look happy to me.

I think some are reading too much into it. For every Cody Weightman bursting with energy, there are quiet kids like Jedd but don't mistake his demeanor for how he's actually feeling.

No pressure on him to perform next year which is good. Let him develop.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

“I was hoping coming into the dogs”.

Great to hear. And s shot load better than Pou’s swipe at his new Saints teammates.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The club has just released some really great behind the scenes content from last night.

Jedd looks to be a ripper.
    Good shout it's actually worth watching. A great change from some of the droughts of years past.

KWW getting in good with the parents too very nice.

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I get what you mean but to me Jedd is clearly an introvert. The new footage on the website with him mic'd up would seem to support this.

I think some are reading too much into it. For every Cody Weightman bursting with energy, there are quiet kids like Jedd but don't mistake his demeanor for how he's actually feeling.

That said the discussion of the recruiters about him had me excited. It sounds like he's not so much a one-trick pony with the intercepting and more that his one-on-one defending was a bit limited from his shoulder injury. Once he's fully recovered he could develop into the Lake type defender who can also intercepts which would be a big get for us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Dom Milesi commented that he is a very competitive but that he isn't expressive. I'm happy for him to find his groove over time and have no expectations on him based on how he performed in front of the cameras last night. He will have time to settle in given he won't get back into full training until late Jan.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Good shout it's actually worth watching. A great change from some of the droughts of years past.

The small things right? Also noticed the repeated physical tummy taps of affection from Bevo to the new kid. Hands on rapport building and I think was a bit more insight to the relationship Bevo has with his players from the get go. Until you lose him!

Bevo talk about a rebuild? Watching it again to get the quote.

Edit: “redevelopment in the next year”, “blend of youth and experience”. Not rebuild, not the list anyway.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Great to hear. And s shot load better than Pou’s swipe at his new Saints teammates.
    What did he say?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What did he say?
    Something about how hopefully HIS professionalism will rub off on THEM (which is not a very professional thing to say)

11. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill, Mofra, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Did you see the footage of the recruitment team discussing him? That is amazing content

EDIT; I saw your next comment
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a really thoughtful, well-tempered kid. Excited to watch him develop and stake a claim in the first 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Philipou is a cocky little *!*!*!*!er but I can't blame him wanting the Saints to lift to his level.

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we help out the shit commentators out with their puns for next year?

“King just stepped out into traffic and got hit by a Buss”

“It’s not every day the Buss rides you”

“The only guy in the comp who can legally ‘Sslinger Tackle someone into the ground and not get suspended”

“Toby Greene knocked out by the accidental knee of the bulldogs Karma Buss”

“If you’re going to put it in the air near Jedd, you’re getting hit with the karma Buss every time”

“Jedd just keeps Buss’ing packs today”

“Look at shimmy, he just Buss’t a move and left them for dead”

“GWS forward entries are like route 42 to Mordialloc. Buss’ stop after Buss’ stop for 2 hours”

“Easton Wood presents Jedd Busslinger with his jumper. Woody & Buss, a real Toy Story” - KWW should like that one!

You just know Taylor, McLachlan and Zemplis and their like are trying to write these already.

And…..
    Oh. Bussta move is very, very good.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes bulldogtragic, F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Seems like a really thoughtful, well-tempered kid. Excited to watch him develop and stake a claim in the first 22.
    He played through pain in his two games at the champs - will be interesting to see what he can do with two good shoulders in a full time AFL environment.
    I'd love it if he got anywhere near McGovern/Lever/Stewart levels of intercept ability.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The dogs have stepped up their content this off season already, a lot of us have been calling for it awhile now. Keep it coming!