Thanks Thanks:  104
Likes Likes:  180
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2023

Wondering what we've done to offend the hamstring Gods but more so wondering how Vandermeer has somehow eluded their wrath.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

Wondering what we've done to offend the hamstring Gods but more so wondering how Vandermeer has somehow eluded their wrath.
    He paid the toll early.

10 weeks is a horrible outcome for Jones and significantly alters the outlook of our season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    10 weeks is a horrible outcome for Jones and significantly alters the outlook of our season
    We are vulnerable down back with or without Liam if the supply is clean - we just need to get to work at the source and stop the easy ball transitioning into the oppo F50. Our rucks and mids will be crucial in the next few weeks while the cavalry arrives, as will our forwards retaining the ball in F50 for repeat entries.

I'd get English to fill the hole down back after ruck stoppages, similar to what Gawn has done on occasions for the Dees. Lobb takes more of the stoppages forward of centre and significantly lifts his output - there's a lot of upside to Lobb's game (which will help English) if he can take the chance. Naughts also needs to swing down back for 5-10 mins a quarter when needed. We just need to get smarter and we should be ok, especially if we have the ball living in our front half.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He paid the toll early.

Amazing you can kick a guy and break his arm and no sanction.

If you tackle someone weird though....

Legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We are vulnerable down back with or without Liam if the supply is clean - we just need to get to work at the source and stop the easy ball transitioning into the oppo F50. Our rucks and mids will be crucial in the next few weeks while the cavalry arrives, as will our forwards retaining the ball in F50 for repeat entries.

I'd get English to fill the hole down back after ruck stoppages, similar to what Gawn has done on occasions for the Dees. Lobb takes more of the stoppages forward of centre and significantly lifts his output - there's a lot of upside to Lobb's game (which will help English) if he can take the chance. Naughts also needs to swing down back for 5-10 mins a quarter when needed. We just need to get smarter and we should be ok, especially if we have the ball living in our front half.
    We are but Liam did occasionally hold down the fort when the ship was sinking a bit. You're right it's possible to cover for him but I'm not sure we can/will adequately

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Legal.
    AS I have said many times, AFL has lost the plot
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This was our injury list 15 days ago.

Injury list 5th June

Dom Bedendo (groin) - 2-3 weeks
    Ed Richards (hamstring) - 4-6 weeks
    Riley Garcia (groin) - 4-6 weeks
    Jason Johannisen (hamstring) - 7-8 weeks
    Toby McLean (back) - TBC

This is our current injury list!!!!!!!

Injury list 20th June

Sam Darcy (jaw) ? Test
    Riley Garcia (groin) ? Test
    Dom Bedendo (groin) ? Test
    Ed Richards (hamstring) ? 3-4 weeks
    Harvey Gallagher (finger) ? 3-4 weeks
    Jason Johannisen (hamstring) ? 4-5 weeks
    Toby McLean (lower back) - 4-6 weeks
    Tim O?Brien (hamstring) ? 8-9 weeks
    Liam Jones (forearm) - 8-10 weeks
    Hayden Crozier (hamstring) ? 8-10 weeks
    Roarke Smith (foot) ? Indefinite

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria University Medical Room | Round 15 (Bye)

The Western Bulldogs will be without key defender Liam Jones for at least two months after suffering a forearm fracture against North Melbourne.

Jones was subbed out of the game early in the opening quarter, and underwent surgery yesterday to repair two separate breaks.

?Liam received a kick to his forearm ? this trauma has caused two separate breaks in the radius bone,? Bulldogs? Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell, said.

?He had surgery yesterday to insert a large plate along his forearm to stabilise both fractures.

?We will confirm his return to play timeline over the coming weeks, but expect him to miss the next 8-10 games.?

Fellow defenders Tim O?Brien and Hayden Crozier will also be sidelined for the next two months, after both sustained hamstring injuries in their respective matches.

?Both Tim in the AFL game and Hayden in the VFL game sustained hamstring injuries,? Bell said.

?Scans confirmed that they have both suffered moderate to high grade injuries, that will see them miss the next few months of football.?

Utilities Roarke Smith (foot) and Harvey Gallagher (finger) have suffered further setbacks too.

?At the start of the season, Roarke battled a tear to a structure in his foot called the plantar fascia,? Bell said.

?These symptoms improved, and after building some continuity in his training, Roarke returned to play over the last few weeks but unfortunately, has had a reaggravation of these symptoms during last week.

?We?ll wait until Roarke?s symptoms settle and get an idea of how his foot tolerates reloading, before we look to set a definitive timeline for him to return to play.

?Harvey was also needing to be managed by our upper limb surgeon yesterday after suffering a break to one of the knuckles in his hand.

?This injury happened in the VFL game and required surgery to align the fracture. The surgery went well, and we expect Harvey to return to playing in the next month.?

In more positive injury news, trio Sam Darcy (jaw), Riley Garcia (groin) and Dom Bedendo (groin) are on track to exit the rehab group.

?Sam, Dom and Riley all have some boxes to tick over the next 10 days,? Bell said.

?We are optimistic that they remain on track to return to availability for the game following our midseason break.?

Injury list

Sam Darcy (jaw) ? Test
    Riley Garcia (groin) ? Test
    Dom Bedendo (groin) ? Test
    Ed Richards (hamstring) ? 3-4 weeks
    Harvey Gallagher (finger) ? 3-4 weeks
    Jason Johannisen (hamstring) ? 4-5 weeks
    Toby McLean (lower back) - 4-6 weeks
    Tim O?Brien (hamstring) ? 8-9 weeks
    Liam Jones (forearm) - 8-10 weeks
    Hayden Crozier (hamstring) ? 8-10 weeks
    Roarke Smith (foot) ? Indefinite

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see Garcia and Dom ready to come back.

Darcy may have to play down back

Post Thanks / Like

Break someone's arm in two places with a dog act of kicking the ball in a contested ball situation when people have their hands on the ball, play on. No free kick. No comment from the AFL.

Accidently hurt someone in the allowed action of tackling and you they throw the book at you.

We have lost the plot as a game. What is going on? That kicking action has zero place in our game.

Post Thanks / Like

We are but Liam did occasionally hold down the fort when the ship was sinking a bit. You're right it's possible to cover for him but I'm not sure we can/will adequately
    It won't be easy but it is definitely achievable. Maybe the lack of predictability might work in our favour.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

Legal.
    I've watched the replay a number of times and I don't think Curtis did that much wrong. Obviously should have been a kicking in danger free but it wasn't a ridiculously big wind up and kick. Jones was just incredibly unlucky to have broken his arm in that circumstance. I agree with Bevo in regards to the dangerous tackles that football incidents/accidents are going to happen. I think this is just one of those. I do get the lack of consistency though.

I really feel for Jones. I broke both forearm bones playing footy a few years back after being ridden into the ground and also not receiving a free kick. It took a long time and 2 surgeries to recover. Still have the metal in my arm as a reminder.

15. Likes EasternWest, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can stave off sliding out of the eight while our choice of key backs down the home stretch extends no further than Keath / Gardner / Bruce / O'Donnell and what the hell, Busslinger, I'll never doubt the coach again.

Surely Bevo's in the midst of a heart-to-heart with Naughton about where he's needed most in the current predicament.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I've watched the replay a number of times and I don't think Curtis did that much wrong. Obviously should have been a kicking in danger free but it wasn't a ridiculously big wind up and kick. Jones was just incredibly unlucky to have broken his arm in that circumstance. I agree with Bevo in regards to the dangerous tackles that football incidents/accidents are going to happen. I think this is just one of those. I do get the lack of consistency though.

I really feel for Jones. I broke both forearm bones playing footy a few years back after being ridden into the ground and also not receiving a free kick. It took a long time and 2 surgeries to recover. Still have the metal in my arm as a reminder.
    Agree with this. Clear free kick but it wasn't a wild swing that injury could be expected from.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Agree with this. Clear free kick but it wasn't a wild swing that injury could be expected from.
    Wow no no. That's like the last thing you do as a player. Stretched out arm... that's a sure break.

5 weeks for me. Is this a parallel universe where kicking is ok?