Thanks Thanks:  104
Likes Likes:  180
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    There are other players I like more this is true.

I don't dislike him, however a guy with his talent should be pushing for All Australian more often than he is. He gets paid in the elite bracket (not his fault) so I expect elite output.

He's been very good for us so no complaints, just not sure if he's completely bought in to the club. All pure speculation and personal opinion/discussion starter.
    I don't care if he's not a natural Bulldog-type or hasn't fully embraced the club. He's a professional like him or not. When on the park he's been one of our better player across the past two years and I have zero beef with him.

I think he'll be important this year and he'll come more into focus due to the vacuum created by Hunter and Dosh. It's kinda his time to shine.

2. Likes GVGjr, Jasper, Grantysghost, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are other players I like more this is true.

I don't dislike him, however a guy with his talent should be pushing for All Australian more often than he is. He gets paid in the elite bracket (not his fault) so I expect elite output.

He's been very good for us so no complaints, just not sure if he's completely bought in to the club. All pure speculation and personal opinion/discussion starter.
    I know you have acknowledged his elite level pay isnt his fault so I dont see this as an issue. We should only judge him on what we are paying for him and I think he breaks even there. You have previously made some comments about his buy in to the Dogs and is that based on his social media activity or the departure of Dunkley or something else? If its social media activity is it a fair to assess a player that way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I don't care if he's not a natural Bulldog-type or hasn't fully embraced the club. He's a professional like him or not. When on the park he's been one of our better player across the past two years and I have zero beef with him.

I think he'll be important this year and he'll come more into focus due to the vacuum created by Hunter and Dosh. It's kinda his time to shine.
    Same here but I suspect that face he is getting questioned more because he was buddies with Darth Vader Dunkley.
    It doesnt matter in the slightest because he is a professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Same here but I suspect that face he is getting question more because he was buddies with Darth Vader Dunkley.
    It doesnt matter in the slightest because he is a professional.
    I know what GG means about buy in to the club.

This is just perception:

* He seemed like he latched on to Dunks and no one else
    * He kept talking about his old team mates and Collingwood throughout his first year, and still does sometimes.
    * When he stops playing, I wonder what team he will align himself. 4 years at GWS, 5 at Pies and 5 with us,

Despite all that, I like Adz, and prefer him playing in the midfield and not a wing. He did well to fill in last year in the backline when we had injuries, but his bets footy is played in the middle.
    Last edited by bornadog; 07-02-2023 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you have acknowledged his elite level pay isnt his fault so I dont see this as an issue. We should only judge him on what we are paying for him and I think he breaks even there. You have previously made some comments about his buy in to the Dogs and is that based on his social media activity or the departure of Dunkley or something else? If its social media activity is it a fair to assess a player that way?
    Fair call Jasper. No I don't think that's a fair way to assess a player agree there.
    I like Treloar don't get me wrong, he's been a very good player for us.
    BAD's post sort of covers some of what the sentiment from me is.
    I guess I'll have to get used to the fact for some players it's a job and that's OK.

My interactions with him have always been good ones.

I hope he can push for an All Australian squad spot this season, the death of the bromance has me concerned though.

7. Likes 1eyedog, GVGjr, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

This is just perception:

* He kept talking about his old team mates and Collingwood throughout his first year.
    * When he stops playing, I wonder what team he will align himself. 4 years at GWS, 5 at Pies and 5 with us, and still does sometimes.

Despite all that, I like Adz, and prefer him playing in the midfield and not a wing. He did well to fill in last year in the backline when we had injuries, but his bets footy is played in the middle.
    Perceptions about what players do on their social media or who they are friends with or for that matter if they carry a bit of weight is not how we should judge players because its not relevant and highly speculative. I dont give a hoot if Treloar wants to be a Pie follower after his time with us is over and Ill judge him on how he plays and trains.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is just perception:

* He kept talking about his old team mates and Collingwood throughout his first year.
    * When he stops playing, I wonder what team he will align himself. 4 years at GWS, 5 at Pies and 5 with us, and still does sometimes.

Hopefully he helps us win a flag and that will be all she wrote.

11. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he helps us win a flag and that will be all she wrote.
    That's it exactly, if he's pushing for AA then we are going to be right up there.

Post Thanks / Like

That's it exactly, if he's pushing for AA then we are going to be right up there.
    If we get the rub of the green and our young players live up to their potential, our vets stay on the park and Bont goes through injury free, we should as members expect to finish in the top half of the 8. I know the comp is incredibly even but the talent on the list is undeniable.

Easier said than done though.

Post Thanks / Like

Perceptions about what players do on their social media or who they are friends with or for that matter if they carry a bit of weight is not how we should judge players because its not relevant and highly speculative. I dont give a hoot if Treloar wants to be a Pie follower after his time with us is over and Ill judge him on how he plays and trains.
    Football is a team sport and you have to have mates, at the club and buy into the club, otherwise you won't achieve your best for the team.

Adz has been terrific for us, but like GG I worry with the bromance broken what happens this year.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If we get the rub of the green and our young players live up to their potential, our vets stay on the park and Bont goes through injury free, we should as members expect to finish in the top half of the 8. I know the comp is incredibly even but the talent on the list is undeniable.

Easier said than done though.
    If we get all you are asking for top 4 is not enough.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Football is a team sport and you have to have mates, at the club and buy into the club, otherwise you won't achieve your best for the team.

Adz has been terrific for us, but like GG I worry with the bromance broken what happens this year.
    Ive got the feeling you are conjuring up something that isnt there and there is nothing factual about this speculation.
    Im done with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got the feeling you are conjuring up something that isnt there and there is nothing factual about this speculation.
    Im done with this.
    Not conjuring up anything, just worried that's all.

Post Thanks / Like

Not conjuring up anything, just worried that's all.
    Did you say you were worried when we traded for him and his wife and daughter were in queensland? Are people feigning concern or worry to justify an active imagination? Nothing I have read on the preseason reports has me concerned about his professional standards.

19. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Did you say you were worried when we traded for him and his wife and daughter were in queensland? Are people feigning concern or worry to justify an active imagination? Nothing I have read on the preseason reports has me concerned about his professional standards.
    I'm with you I've changed sides.

BAD what are you on about?