I think he got the fabled double cork.
    The mythical injury... the UniCork...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2023

Garcia hammy

Roarke back in two weeks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Gabelich reporting that Mitch Hannan has ruptured his achilles and will be out for the next 12 months.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Josh Gabelich reporting that Mitch Hannan has ruptured his achilles and will be out for the next 12 months.
    Going to lose a year of country footy wages in 2024. Poor bastard. I wish him well.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That's tragic. For guys like him and Josh Bruce, what rehab is provided by the club/AFL when they have a long term injury in what ends up being their final year?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    That's tragic. For guys like him and Josh Bruce, what rehab is provided by the club/AFL when they have a long term injury in what ends up being their final year?
    I think mjp said they get support (potentially full rehab) as they did it under contract and playing footy.

You would hope the club offers that at minimum regardless of our contractual obligations.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I think mjp said they get support (potentially full rehab) as they did it under contract and playing footy.

You would hope the club offers that at minimum regardless of our contractual obligations.
    Yes, you'd hope so. It just such a bad way to finish an AFL career.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that is my understanding and they deserve club support during the rehab stage.
    It's a tough life when the footy career comes to a sudden stop.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

You'd think that is curtains for Hannan. If he wants to stick around with the club at VFL level then I'm sure we'd be happy to have him at Footscray as he's still a dangerous VFL player but missing a year when on the fringe and coming out of contract is the nail in the coffin.

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria University Medical Room | Round 22

Mitch Hannan will miss the remainder of the 2023 season after rupturing his Achilles tendon on the weekend.

Bulldogs? utility Mitch Hannan will miss the remainder of the 2023 season after rupturing his Achilles tendon during Footscray?s 66-point win over North Melbourne on Saturday.

The 29-year-old had surgery completed over the weekend and begins a nine-month rehabilitation period later this week.

?Mitch Hannan has unfortunately suffered an Achilles tendon rupture,? Head of Sports Medicine, Chris Bell said.

?He was running in space, with the injury happening spontaneously and without warning.

?Mitch has already had surgery to repair the tendon.

?With a 9-12 month recovery period common for these types of injuries, we will put our arms around Mitch to support him over the next few weeks before we start to map out his rehabilitation plan.?

Anthony Scott and Robbie McComb both suffered concussion during their respective fixtures and will miss this weekend?s games.

Ryan Gardner has been struggling with several issues over the past month and was given time to heal over the weekend, missing the clash with Richmond.

?Ryan Gardner has been carrying a few injury niggles over the last few weeks,? Bell said.

?One is an irritated ankle and the other is a minor ligament injury in his toe.

?To make sure that these niggles didn?t impact Ryan's performance, we thought it was best to give Ryan the week off playing to allow these niggles to improve.

?We will monitor Ryan this week to determine if he returns to availability.?

Alex Keath will return to availability after overcoming a concussion suffered against GWS in Ballarat a fortnight ago.

Hayden Crozier is in the final stages of his rehabilitation following a hamstring injury and could return to availability as soon as this weekend, providing he completes training on Thursday.

Harvey Gallagher has recovered strongly from a bout of Glandular Fever, returning to full training this week, with an eye on selection for the upcoming weekend.

Round 22 Injury List
    Harvey Gallagher (illness): test
    Ryan Gardner (general soreness): test
    Alex Keath (concussion): test
    Hayden Crozier (hamstring): test
    Robbie Mccomb (concussion): 1-2 weeks
    Anthony Scott (concussion): 1-2 weeks
    Tim O?Brien (hamstring): 1-2 weeks
    Sam Darcy (quad): 3-4 weeks
    Roarke Smith (foot): 3-4 weeks
    Dom Bedendo (groin): Indefinite
    Josh Bruce (knee): indefinite
    Mitch Hannan (Achilles) : indefinite

Link: https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-room-round-22

Post Thanks / Like

That is now quite an extensive injury list. It is quite surprising that our VFL team is still going so well.

Post Thanks / Like

So is Garcia still injured or right to go?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    So is Garcia still injured or right to go?
    My understanding is that he is injured. Not sure why it's not listed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Sad that 2 players who are probably on the brink of being delisted get struck down with serious injuries which will pretty much wipe out their 2024 seasons too... I know they were unlikely to be picked up by opposing teams, but it would've been nice if that option was open to them.

15. Thanks angelopetraglia, bulldogtragic, SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Likes kruder, Dry Rot, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Sad that 2 players who are probably on the brink of being delisted get struck down with serious injuries which will pretty much wipe out their 2024 seasons too... I know they were unlikely to be picked up by opposing teams, but it would've been nice if that option was open to them.
    Yes. It is such a cruel game.