Thanks Thanks:  104
Likes Likes:  180
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List 2023

9 blokes on the list already is a bit sucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me we did a medicial on Lobb?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Coming off the track early twice last week including removing the boots wasn't a great sign.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

From Mark Stevens:

Believe Rory Lobb was very close to being a late out v Dees with ankle soreness … Buku Khamis on standby. In end, played, and Dogs now going for surgery and long term fix.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think the club is unprofessional?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Coming off the track early twice last week including removing the boots wasn't a great sign.
    Sorry I meant prior trading for him.

7. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you think the club is unprofessional?
    Long time ago but we didn't do a medical on Rawlings

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I meant prior trading for him.
    I'm sure they would have done a medical, it's standard practice on all recruits at all clubs as far as I am aware. It wouldn't have stopped us recruiting him anyway being a minor issue.

Of course we are left to wonder why the cleanup wasn't performed earlier - best guess is the ankle pain only emerged over the past couple of weeks and they were waiting to see if it would resolve itself.

We are all armchair experts but it is pretty hard to critique the medical staff when most of us don't have the expertise and none of us are privy to all the information.

10. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, JanLorMill, WBFC4FFC, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like we rolled the dice and got it wrong and that happens. Its a shame he will most likely miss a few weeks given our lack of ruck depth. Just the thought of using Darcy there scares me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'm sure they would have done a medical, it's standard practice on all recruits at all clubs as far as I am aware. It wouldn't have stopped us recruiting him anyway being a minor issue.

Of course we are left to wonder why the cleanup wasn't performed earlier - best guess is the ankle pain only emerged over the past couple of weeks and they were waiting to see if it would resolve itself.

We are all armchair experts but it is pretty hard to critique the medical staff when most of us don't have the expertise and none of us are privy to all the information.
    Sorry I was half joking, but if they knew it's just another red flag for a player everyone was saying we didn't need.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see improvement in TOB and Gardner by closing their likely availability but it's a real shame to see that Cody might be another 4 weeks or so before he is available.
    Shame Smith is still 4 weeks away as he could be handy in providing some defensive coverage in and the midfield.

Bendendo also bad luck being injured long term. He may have comes into calculations as a medium forward role.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Yeah but we do all have 20/20 rear vision. So... there's that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Shame Smith is still 4 weeks away as he could be handy in providing some defensive coverage in and the midfield.

Bendendo also bad luck being injured long term. He may have comes into calculations as a medium forward role.
    There was a bit of positivity about Bedendo over the summer months. Brutal game for young players to get close and then cop a substantial injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    It sounds like we rolled the dice and got it wrong and that happens. Its a shame he will most likely miss a few weeks given our lack of ruck depth. Just the thought of using Darcy there scares me.
    You have to wonder with our lack of options for ruckman if we could have addressed it through the SSP.
    I think Darcy will be used as a backup now but hopefully its Bruce..

17. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    There was a bit of positivity about Bedendo over the summer months. Brutal game for young players to get close and then cop a substantial injury.
    Also a contract year for Bedendo.
    More of an In Bruges guy?