Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've been looking at our Salary Cap / Total Player Payments.

BT
    I agree that we clear some salaries from Duryea, Keath, Bruce and possibly Crozier and that will at least partially occur even if we retain any of them as they would be reduced salary.

However, I would be absolutely amazed if Hannan, Sweet and Khamis are on anything other than base.
    If they go they get replaced by someone else on base salary so that is net zero from them regardless.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    BT
    I agree that we clear some salaries from Duryea, Keath, Bruce and possibly Crozier and that will at least partially occur even if we retain any of them as they would be reduced salary.

However, I would be absolutely amazed if Hannan, Sweet and Khamis are on anything other than base.
    If they go they get replaced by someone else on base salary so that is net zero from them regardless.
    I?d guess Hannan would be a little more, not huge, having been a trade target. But I don?t see huge savings in Sweet & Khamis. I?d expect them to be on more than a draftee taken after pick 40 wages (way under half the average AFEL wage), but that?s negligible compared to the Dunkley, Hunter and all the myriad name?s mentioned. The big savings were laid out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't want to start a new thread.

Looks like Conner Rozee is about to sign a monster 8 year contract which will take his contract to be the same length as Naughton.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread.

Looks like Conner Rozee is about to sign a monster 8 year contract which will take his contract to be the same length as Naughton.
    I wonder if Cornes will have much to say about this when it gets finalised.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

5. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I wonder if Cornes will have much to say about this when it gets finalised.
    He'll justify his difference in opinion by outlining that Rozee is a multiple All Australian, whereas Naughton isn't. Ignoring that players like Naughton are much more difficult to find and secure long term.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He'll justify his difference in opinion by outlining that Rozee is a multiple All Australian, whereas Naughton isn't. Ignoring that players like Naughton are much more difficult to find and secure long term.
    Rozee is going to be given the captaincy too