Thanks Thanks:  45
Likes Likes:  264
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R1 2023 - Saturday March 18, 7:25PM, MCG

I am furious.

Bevo and Chris Grant shouldn’t be allowed back in the rooms. Sack them now and move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    In this WOOF thread 2023 AFL Ladder projector on 7 Jan 2023 I posted this

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...ht=#post823744

Prescient.

We are rubbish. Maybe have gone backwards.
    Scarily accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a disaster. I don't think it could've been much worse.

Injury to our best key defender.
    Lost by heaps to a side that has the wood over us.

To the positives:

Treloar played well. He is the only mid that breaks lines. We need to get it into his hands more.

I thought English was huge. He held his own against the league's two best ruckmen.

I think Lobb was a victim of our midfield torching him and bombing it on Naughton's head repeatedly.

4. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, Dry Rot, josie, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness it’s only Round 1. Disappointing tonight and a lot to work on. We just turned it over way too much and the forward line was not cohesive.

The Demons much more clinical moving the ball forward and they made us pay.

Need a much better performance next week against the Saints back at Marvel.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thank goodness it’s only Round 1. Disappointing tonight and a lot to work on. We just turned it over way too much and the forward was not cohesive. The Demons much more clinical moving the ball forward and they made us pay. Need a much better performance next week against the Saints back at Marvel.
    Easty, I don’t think this is solace! Season’s over already. All we can hope for is to endure, not enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Scarily accurate.
    Being a Time Lord helps.

We win our next flag in 2078.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Easty, I don’t think this is solace! Season’s over already. All we can hope for is to endure, not enjoy it.
    There's a certain comfort is this though right? It feels...nostalgic.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you've always struck me as an all or nothing character SoS! From wining every game, to losing the first, to season done!!!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so as well. It wasn't the loss by itself but how we lost. Teams have evolved, we still are doing the same things over and over. I watched the first quarter and thought nothing changed, a whimper in the 2nd made me think I went too hard too early. The 2nd half showed how poor we actually are. We'll win some games and beat some decent opponents here and there but we won't play finals. We're no better than last season we are worse.

12. Likes EasternWest, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst possible start to the season. We have not learnt anything. We lost the same way we lost last year and the year before that ...

1) When we had the momentum we missed easy shots or blew chances with indiscriminate kicking. We had a real chance to create some scoreboard separation in that second quarter and just blew it. Deja vu.

2) Our defensive mechanisms to defend the turnover from anywhere on the ground were non-existent. How pedestrian some of the turnover goals were was completely embarrassing. They literally walked goals in. Deja vu.

3) We lost the centre clearances 15-8. But the damaging part again was we lost far too many out the front that they scored easy goals from. Deja vu.

4) They kicked 5 goals in 17 possessions. 5 goals in 17 possessions!!!! We kicked five goals in the first half. Four goals in the second half. They split us open in a heartbeat. Another run on that came from no where when we had all the momentum in the game. That was basically the game from that point. We looked completely shot after that. Zero confidence. Played like deer in the headlights from that point. Deja vu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well you've always struck me as an all or nothing character SoS! From wining every game, to losing the first, to season done!!!
    I like to be positive and genuinely believe we are good enough, but it’s like we are on a hamster wheel. Genuinely thought we’d done and said enough over summer to shake off my worries. We haven’t.

I won’t be pulling punches this year. I want blood. If not Bevo, then Grant, if not Grant, the Board

15. Likes GVGjr, jeemak, The Bulldogs Bite, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Worst possible start to the season. We have not learnt anything. We lost the same way we lost last year and the year before that ...

1) When we had the momentum we missed easy shots or blew chances with indiscriminate kicking. We had a real chance to create some scoreboard separation in that second quarter and just blew it. Deja vu.

2) Our defensive mechanisms to defend the turnover from anywhere on the ground were non-existent. How pedestrian some of the turnover goals were was completely embarrassing. They literally walked goals in. Deja vu.

3) We lost the centre clearances 15-8. But the damaging part again was we lost far too many out the front that they scored easy goals from. Deja vu.

4) They kicked 5 goals in 17 possessions. 5 goals in 17 possessions!!!! We kicked five goals in the first half. Four goals in the second half. They split us open in a heartbeat. Another run on that came from no where when we had all the momentum in the game. That was basically the game from that point. We looked completely shot after that. Zero confidence. Played like deer in the headlights from that point. Deja vu.
    At least we're not finding new ways to lose though....

17. Thanks anfo27, angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

Sobering but accurate.
    W00F!

19. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pickett is such a vulgar little shit stain.

The weird thing is if you kicked him in the stomach in retaliation for what he did to Smith (when a kick in the guts is what he fully deserved for going a vulnerable player's head) you'd get six weeks, because kicking is bad - right?

He'll only get a week. But hopefully one day he gets his.

21. Likes SonofScray, G-Mo77, angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloke is a coward. Always looking for the cheap shots and pulling unsportsmanlike stuff after the fact. Deserved a proper hiding.

23. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post