Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  147
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V St. Kilda R2 2023 - Saturday 25 March 7:25PM, Marvel Stadium

Seems Dunkley had the right idea. To get out
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Darcy manning the mark. Set shot close to goal. Tight moment in the game. Doesn’t even bother to raise his arms. Maybe that says it all. No heart no effort no care. Something very very wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I could see no evidence that we actually have a game plan. I felt sorry for the Bont tonight. He tried his guts out along with a couple of others. Our skill level was appalling. Ball handling? It was fumblerama in panavision on steroids. Tackling? What is that? We play bruise-free football thank you. Manning up? Oh no, we don't do that! We guard space. I could go on but will finish with a question. Can anyone recall two worse consecutive performances than these two? I certainly can't.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

5. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I could see no evidence that we actually have a game plan. I felt sorry for the Bont tonight. He tried his guts out along with a couple of others. Our skill level was appalling. Ball handling? It was fumblerama in panavision on steroids. Tackling? What is that? We play bruise-free football thank you. Manning up? Oh no, we don't do that! We guard space. I could go on but will finish with a question. Can anyone recall two worse consecutive performances than these two? I certainly can't.
    Spot on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    We barely even guarded space at times. We stood in space, but we weren't guarding it and we were often within a metre of a teammate who also didn't look like they gave a s***.

8. Likes DOG GOD, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awful night. Just had nothing. Responded in the latter part of the 2nd and that's it. I’m saying it now Bevo is on notice. He needs to do something fast.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 26-03-2023 at 10:33 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

10. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Awful night. Just had nothing. Responded in the latter part of the 2nd and that?s it. I?m saying it now Bevo is on notice now. He needs to do something fast.
    Too late. The team does not want to play for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Too late. The team does not want to play for him.
    We downed tools tonight. The last quarter was depressing.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

13. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I was watching Bailey Smith closely, he just refuses to put any pressure on in defensive transition. What has happened to the kid?
    Lifestyle of a footballer is easier than being a footballer.

So much talent and he is letting it waste away.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

15. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Literally I am speechless.

That is one of the most inept effortless games I’ve seen us play.

Saints out numbered us at the ball and in space and toyed with us.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

12 minutes in the second quarter
    Bulldogs 4.2 - 26
    Saints 0.0 - 0

The remaining 105 minutes of the match
    Bulldogs 1.9 - 15
    Saints 14.8 - 92

18. Thanks josie, Eastdog, merantau thanked for this post
    Likes Dancin' Douggy, Dry Rot, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    We barely even guarded space at times. We stood in space, but we weren't guarding it and we were often within a metre of a teammate who also didn't look like they gave a s***.
    Guarding space is the easy way out. It means you are responsible for no one. If you looked up at any one time and St Kilda played man on man. Bevo may do the right thing by the club and say enough is enough as something is not right. They didn't look fit against Melbourne and looked even worse tonight. They spend half the game pulling on their jumpers trying to get their breath back. They have no second effort and even their first efforts are just tokenism. Didn't even see this when we were down the bottom in the 80's. At least they tried then.

20. Likes anfo27, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another week wasted for this list of players that has plenty of talent. The longer Bevo stays, the more damage to their confidence and the more time wasted.

What an embarrassment

Post Thanks / Like

Further to that, we look like we are stuck in the mud. Not fit enough perhaps, something has gone wrong in their training program.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the coaching team strategy or our playing group just not listening to our coaching team etc? I’d say probably a bit of both.