Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  147
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V St. Kilda R2 2023 - Saturday 25 March 7:25PM, Marvel Stadium

Mitch Cleary

Ross Lyon says Saints skipper Jack Steele will go for scans tomorrow on a shoulder injury. Some concern it could be an AC
    joint injury or hairline fracture.

Lyon added that premiership Dog Zaine Cordy was essential in the planning to undo his former side.

Post Thanks / Like

From a midfield perspective do we think No Dunks No Dogs could have some merit?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.

Bont looked like he was trying to cover for everyone last night, doing the job of at least 2 midfielders, 1 defender and one half forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.

Bont looked like he was trying to cover for everyone last night, doing the job of at least 2 midfielders, 1 defender and one half forward.
    Gonna put together some Cotton On sponsored Instagram posts of one of his teammates running at quarter pace every time the Saints had the footy.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Besides Libba - who's our mid winning first hands on the footy from the ruck contest? Or tackling and harassing around stoppages? We've gone from a glut of inside mids to a shortage

Post Thanks / Like

I was talking to a couple of player sponsors who brought their 2022 membership cards by mistake and they went to the Bulldogs tent who quickly checked and gave the the appropriate passes. Have to say that's pretty impressive and I know the sponsors thought the club had gone out of their way.
    It was very well organised last night and during the week to let us know Ameet would be in the room.

No complaints from me.

Post Thanks / Like

We all knew he was a gun player, I don’t think I realised how many holes he was covering.

If we are relying on others to fill the void he left we might be in for a shock.

He was not conditional in his effort that’s for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Yep. Besides Libba - who's our mid winning first hands on the footy from the ruck contest? Or tackling and harassing around stoppages? We've gone from a glut of inside mids to a shortage
    Bont was great last night, mind you I think MJP was right he looks heavy. He’s not breaking lines the way he was in 21 with four guys hanging off him. Noticed he goes to ground more than he used to as well.

Shudder to think where we’d be without he and Libba.

9. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wandered down to the race post game for the first time in years. I warmed to see how restless the other natives were.

One group absolutely laid into the players, who were despondent but clearly not happy with the treatment. Don’t think it was disgraceful fan behaviour, but it did seem misdirected. We got around the players in response, “come on boys, you’re better than that, find something, show us your best” etc

I did give the a president an earful though. I’m sure it’s written off as incoherent, bogan drivel, or not processed in amongst the noise. Just wanted to make sure she knows that fans are angry, things are going toxic and it’s her job as a leader to crack the whip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.

Dunks should have been our next Captain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That was a tremendous performance by Bevo under the most stressful of circumstances. And I'm not being sarcastic here. However, there is a herd of elephants in the room.

After an appalling performance in Round 1 you simply have to come out guns blazing in the first quater. And it is down to the coaching team to make sure that happens. And what happened? We played an entire game, apart from 12 minutes, like wet squibs.

Why didn't we start the game with some push and shove, some shouder to shoulder? We played like deer in the headlights. Our skills, even under little pressure were shocking. Thirty metre passes down back to players in space missed their mark and put the receiver under pressure and resulted in the ball being turned over with the next kick.

During the game Bevo looked shell shocked. I've never seen a coach with such a look of forlorn bewilderment on his face. He looked like he'd fallen through his dreams and the earth was approaching at the rate of knots. It was painful to see.

You heard Bevo say "the players are a really close group". If I was in the players leadership group I would put all that footage of a stressed out Bevo on a loop, get the team together at a secret meeting, get them to watch it and tell it straight: "We are killing this bloke. Is that what we want to do? If not, let's effing DO SOMETHING!!"
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I mean, he's a gun player, but the bloke didn't want to be at the club since 2020

14. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I think prior to him wanting out he was ear marked to be Bont’s heir apparent.

Post Thanks / Like

We did play most of 2021 without Dunkley or Treloar and didn't seem to have a problem. What's changed since then?

I disagree that Dunks should have been captain...but I wouldn't mind us having a hard nosed competitor who can communicate and build social connections, ala Matthew Boyd, as that would help with the player accountability that mjp spoke about.

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    That was a tremendous performance by Bevo under the most stressful of circumstances. And I'm not being sarcastic here. However, there is a herd of elephants in the room.

After an appalling performance in Round 1 you simply have to come out guns blazing in the first quater. And it is down to the coaching team to make sure that happens. And what happened? We played an entire game, apart from 12 minutes, like wet squibs.

Why didn't we start the game with some push and shove, some shouder to shoulder? We played like deer in the headlights. Our skills, even under little pressure were shocking. Thirty metre passes down back to players in space missed their mark and put the receiver under pressure and resulted in the ball being turned over with the next kick.

During the game Bevo looked shell shocked. I've never seen a coach with such a look of forlorn bewilderment on his face. He looked like he'd fallen through his dreams and the earth was approaching at the rate of knots. It was painful to see.

You heard Bevo say "the players are a really close group". If I was in the players leadership group I would put all that footage of a stressed out Bevo on a loop, get the team together at a secret meeting, get them to watch it and tell it straight: "We are killing this bloke. Is that what we want to do? If not, let's effing DO SOMETHING!!"
    Glad someone else noticed that. The man looked like he was going to faint. Sweaty, shell shocked mess. Was worrying.

Great point about the players’ response too, you’d like to think they are feeling some of that weight too, just enough to galvanise them and shake off this malaise when we make the call.