Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  418
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I love the way both Bruce and Liam attack the ball, very ferocious. I would hate to be standing in front of them
    Jones is a given but Bruce has surprised. Sure Gunston kicked 3 but thought Bruce held him for good chunks of the game as well as getting a bit of the ball

2. Likes angelopetraglia, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

Appreciated the significant lift in intensity and physicality in our game tonight. Not convinced it tells us anything we didn?t already know, and it might in fact expose how vulnerable Brisbane are. They looked slow and stagnant, much like we have. If this was boxing, the old adage of ?styles make fights? probably applies here.

Jamarra wins that off his boot, with Bont having a superb game and Naughty competing really well when the game was on the line. Macrae a decent lift, but I still can see room for him to tidy up. Treloar seemed to give us plenty.

Silly stuff from Garcia with the 50s but I feel like it was coming from a place of positive intent, room for him to grow and mature a bit in how he presents that aggro and shithousery.

Important win.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see our spirit on full display. That's all we wanted tonight as a bare minimum and they delivered.

We were very good defensively. Jones and Richards were tremendous, but it was a whole of team approach. I liked we turned it into a dour affair, we needed to get dirty and fight our way out of this.

We look far better with our ball movement having JJ, Richards and Dale in D50. The latter really needs to find better form though.

Still plenty of areas to work on, and I'm a bit concerned at how Naughton and Lobb look physically although the former came to life late.

Proud of Marra, that showed a lot of character. Really memorable moments.
    W00F!

5. Likes angelopetraglia, macca, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Centre clearances. 12-4. Big win tonight.

Treloar 5 - Lions 4.
    As Julius Sumner asked, how is it so?
    After the 1st 2 weeks.

7. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    After the 1st 2 weeks.
    Against a formidable midfield with Neale and Dunkley in there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton was better when Lobb was off. It will be interesting to see how this works in the future. Do we persist with the three talls in attack?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Naughton was better when Lobb was off. It will be interesting to see how this works in the future. Do we persist with the three talls in attack?
    I would like to see Weightman and Jones there for pressure. Too many times tonight we had three talls and no one at their feet.

11. Likes josie, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    After the 1st 2 weeks.
    Minor point but wasn't it "Why is it so?"
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Oskar Baker. Wasn't too excited with him joining the club. But he proved me wrong tonight. He had the most metres gained tonight with 611m. Bont second with 543m. Also seven score involvements which was the most for the Dogs.

He has good pace and acceleration and is a penetrating kick. Also like the energy that he brings. You have to say on what we saw tonight, he is brining a lot more than Lachie Hunter did in recent years.

Added bonus. How good was his goal when he sold the candy and finished with a flawless snap. Brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to praise Josh Bruce, coming off a knee late last year he was so far off the pace it wasn't funny. He is moving really well atm, in ripping condition and playing a significant role down back. Our tall defenders looked the best they have for a long time, really promising signs.

I am a little curious considering the condition he is in on how he would go forward, but for now is a lock for best 22 down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Sounds like you're well and truly cooked enough.
    What an incredibly ungracious response .
    No to you pal.
    We may have Dogs and teaching English in common but I disown any connection to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah no thanks I've seen enough.
    Disagree. A few moments he?d like back but his contest was good. Should play next week. Will learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Oskar Baker. Wasn't too excited with him joining the club. But he proved me wrong tonight. He had the most metres gained tonight with 611m. Bont second with 543m. Also seven score involvements which was the most for the Dogs.

He has good pace and acceleration and is a penetrating kick. Also like the energy that he brings. You have to say on what we saw tonight, he is brining a lot more than Lachie Hunter did in recent years.

Added bonus. How good was his goal when he sold the candy and finished with a flawless snap. Brilliant.
    Good tackles. Kicked it loooong! Sold more candy than should be legal. Happy with him in the team. Very happy.

18. Likes angelopetraglia, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It's just effort and desire.

Been our biggest problem for years, we simply don't turn up very often.

Extremely pleasing viewing tonight, really cracked in and were all over Brisbane giving them no time and space.

Not going to win many scoring 67 but Marra with 5 straight was beautiful
    But we are going to win most games if we can keep the opposition from scoring. 7 Goals the Lions kicked tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Not feeling as tired as I thought I would. If it was a loss I'm sure I wouldn't have slept and feel worse today.

Lot's to like about last night. The consistent pressure over the entire game was outstanding. This is the measuring stick now. I thought Bont was immense and tackling and pressure from him as well was the best I have seen from him. Sure offensively he's been on display a lot but I don't think I've seen him that aggressive without ball in hand. It certainly was a captains type game and led the charge for our team. Man I wish he kicked that goal in the 3rd, I reckon the flood gates would have opened after that.

Forward of the ball we struggled. I'm not sure what to do with Lobb, Naughton looked better when he was not there. I do think he's still injured and probably should not have played. I didn't watch Freo that much but he seemed to play higher when he played against us and took marks around 40 - 50m out not in deeper. He got 2 goals but right now it seems a little off. I think we need to persist with it if he's healthy. We have to get better up forward.

Very happy with that win though, it proves nothing if we come out like slugs next week. The bar is set defensively now and have to buy into that every week and we'll be OK.