Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  418
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Just a question for all, who would you prefer as the extra midfielder right now if you had a choice of two.

Bailey Williams or Caleb Daniel? I just can't see how Caleb can compliment our midfield rotations considering our known weaknesses.

I must say I've always wanted to see Bailey play midfield, just love his size, has a side step and can be direct by foot.

Thoughts?
    Option C- Garcia.
    I couldn't care less about size right now, we need hardness and defensive intent. Neale's a midget but will kill us if we let him run around unchecked.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Press conference here

Worth listening to
    I'm 32sec into what is an almost 15min press conference and I'm already shaking my head and wanting to turn it off.

The secrecy about team selection is a ****ing joke... just tell us if Treloar & Lobb are playing! Is there some sort of advantage we will get over Brisbane by them not knowing until 6.30pm tonight? How about we put a positive spin on it and say they will come into the side and really add to our performance... or just tell the truth.

It wins him no friends in media or with this member.

3. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm 32sec into what is an almost 15min press conference and I'm already shaking my head and wanting to turn it off.

The secrecy about team selection is a ****ing joke... just tell us if Treloar & Lobb are playing! Is there some sort of advantage we will get over Brisbane by them not knowing until 6.30pm tonight? How about we put a positive spin on it and say they will come into the side and really add to our performance... or just tell the truth.

Nothing has changed in team announcements for 9 years. Maybe the MC hasn't met yet to finalise the teams and also waiting to see how players pulled up after training? Who knows?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe... but also, there's a time when the teams are released so why go early?

I thought it was a good presser. I'm now marginally confident that the team will turn this around.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the biggest game during Bevos tenure?

Obviously we have had bigger occasions given big finals over the years, but in the wake of the 21 GF collapse, the 22 EF collapse and the R1 & R2 beltings, I'm not sure I can remember a more defining game.

IF the players don't respond and we lose by 5+ goals again, I'm not sure anybody can believe the rhetoric around 'how close' they are off the field. Bevo would surely have to have big question marks over himself/the team and the future too.

Tomorrow night is big.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes Mantis, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Is this the biggest game during Bevos tenure?

Obviously we have had bigger occasions given big finals over the years, but in the wake of the 21 GF collapse, the 22 EF collapse and the R1 & R2 beltings, I'm not sure I can remember a more defining game.

IF the players don't respond and we lose by 5+ goals again, I'm not sure anybody can believe the rhetoric around 'how close' they are off the field. Bevo would surely have to have big question marks over himself/the team and the future too.

Tomorrow night is big.
    Tough game to win against one of the premiership favourites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tough game to win against one of the premiership favourites.
    It's always about winning, but in some respects, tomorrow goes beyond that. We need a 4 quarter effort and nothing short of that.
    W00F!

11. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's always about winning, but in some respects, tomorrow goes beyond that. We need a 4 quarter effort and nothing short of that.
    Couldn't agree more. We have to show some fight.

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect the media knew how we would answer before asking the question so I don't really care if we wait until later to announce the team line-up. We've know for years that Bevo is highly secretive and the blinds in the Barkers Cafe confirmed that and unless someone takes him on about allowing some spectators into training sessions when they return to the WO I can't see that changing.

Other than that I thought Bevo acquitted himself well today and I didn't find anything wrong. Really appreciated the way he answered the questions about Dunkley.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I suspect the media knew how we would answer before asking the question so I don't really care if we wait until later to announce the team line-up. We've know for years that Bevo is highly secretive and the blinds in the Barkers Cafe confirmed that and unless someone takes him on about allowing some spectators into training sessions when they return to the WO I can't see that changing.

Other than that I thought Bevo acquitted himself well today and I didn't find anything wrong. Really appreciated the way he answered the questions about Dunkley.
    I thought he spoke well too... but the first 30sec was cringe-worthy when he just gets on the defensive about what should be a non-issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he spoke well too... but the first 30sec was cringe-worthy when he just gets on the defensive about what should be a non-issue.
    I agree with that, he was slow out of the blocks but he got better soon after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, tomorrow is my birthday. Great game to be watching.
    We won’t tag Neale and he will run rampant with 30+
    We just are not playing well to win this…or even be a chance.
    Hope I am wrong on all fronts, but Saints beat us with 7-8 of their best 22 out.
    We need to kick 10+ goals and I just can’t see our fwds doing it on the form of rounds 1 and 2.

Bris by 38 pts
    1st goal Bont
    BOG- Bont
    I will never see #16 the same!!

17. Likes GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Well, tomorrow is my birthday. Great game to be watching.
    We won’t tag Neale and he will run rampant with 30+
    We just are not playing well to win this…or even be a chance.
    Hope I am wrong on all fronts, but Saints beat us with 7-8 of their best 22 out.
    We need to kick 10+ goals and I just can’t see our fwds doing it on the form of rounds 1 and 2.

Bris by 38 pts
    1st goal Bont
    BOG- Bont
    Have a nice birthday in advance regardless DG. I'm hoping we make it extra special for you.

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Turn around Thursday.

Dogs by 9
    FG: Marra
    BOG: Baz. Ice in the veins baby