Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  119
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Adelaide Crows R10 2023 Sat 20/5, 2:10PM - Mars Stadium, Ballarat

We realistically are going to need 7 more wins to lock in finals. I think essendon and freo will be the threats outside the 8. Lots of rooting this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Adelaide Crows R10 2023 Sat 20/5, 2:10PM - Mars Stadium, Ballarat

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    One thing I would like to highlight is we played all four quarters and the opposition never got the 5 or 6 goal run on that had become a huge problem for a long time. Hopefully this now stops and yesterday was a great sign our backline looks like it’s getting it’s act together:
    I would say the run ons were the fault of our mids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I would say the run ons were the fault of our mids.
    Bevo said something really important after the Tigers run-on this year, about having to be accountable as a defencive group and actually defending when you're called upon to do so.

It starts in the midfield, but no midfield can be perfect all the time and I think we now have a defencive group/ set-up that can help cope with the times our midfielders lapse.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    I thought Windscreens OBrien was a fine player for us in what was a very organised and productive back line. Gardner, Jones, O'Brien being supported by ODonnell worked for us.
    I didn't get to watch the game, only the kayo mini. Did O Donnell play in defence this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game, only the kayo mini. Did O Donnell play in defence this week?
    Started like last week, forward within a rotation of the talls - particularly Lobb high, at different positions. Was settled in defence after JJ went off with his hammy.

6. Thanks jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As an aside, how much do you love Jacko banging goals when everyone else was missing!

He's the quiet story of the year, tackling, moving the footy, now snagging snags. He's a gun.

8. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I would like to highlight is we played all four quarters and the opposition never got the 5 or 6 goal run on that had become a huge problem for a long time. Hopefully this now stops and yesterday was a great sign our backline looks like it?s getting it?s act together:
    This was the first game in a long long time where the opposition never actually scored consecutive goals against us.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    As an aside, how much do you love Jacko banging goals when everyone else was missing!

He's the quiet story of the year, tackling, moving the footy, now snagging snags. He's a gun.

He is a gun and he is very consistent over his whole career.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

He also centred one from the pocket that went on right angles and set up a set shot goal. Mightve been Williams.
    His kicking is insane these days.

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These are the things that wake me up at night.

When was the last time somebody bounced the ball by touching it on the ground?

I don't think I've seen one for ages.

Gone the way of the flick pass?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    This was the first game in a long long time where the opposition never actually scored consecutive goals against us.
    Think we've started to get a grip on that since the Hawks game.

In each game from there we've still conceded a run of goals but the impact has been reduced, the intensity of the run on has been tempered and we've either clamped down, or clamped down, then got going again ourselves. Hasn't been exactly as linear as that, but it does feel like the needle is shifting away from catastrophe and towards a more neutral position.

Post Thanks / Like

Loving the way we are playing right now. Just wish we could apply ourselves to not leaving so much score out there. Really making games harder than they need to be. Should’ve been up by 10-12 goals midway through the third, making the rest of the h game a little easier on the boys bodies. Maybe JJ doesn’t do his hammy if we’re up by 12.
    shouldve beat the Blues, by 8, Port by 4, the Giants by 8, Freo by 12. That’s what top 4 sides do.
    So, loving their work, but still a lot of work to do. Building nicely

16. Likes Happy Days, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFLCA votes vs Adelaide

Bailey Smith (WB) – 10 votes
    Tom Liberatore (WB) – 6
    Bailey Dale (WB) – 6
    Liam Jones (WB) – 4
    Caleb Daniel (WB) – 2
    Tim English (WB) – 2
    AFLCA Champion Player of the Year leaderboard

Zak Butters (PORT) – 51 votes
    Nick Daicos (COLL) – 51
    Marcus Bontempelli (WB) – 43
    Christian Petracca (MELB) – 43
    Clayton Oliver (MELB) – 40
    Lachie Neale (BL) – 39
    Jack Sinclair (STK) – 39
    Jordan De Goey (COLL) – 37
    Darcy Moore (COLL) – 37
    Callum Wilkie (STK) – 37

18. Thanks azabob, jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How good was Ryan Gardner yesterday? Not only because he got the first goal but his decision making was spot on.
    We took a while to bring him in this year but he's going exceptionally.
    Yep impressive. Liam Jones has been a good influence.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I would like to highlight is we played all four quarters and the opposition never got the 5 or 6 goal run on that had become a huge problem for a long time. Hopefully this now stops and yesterday was a great sign our backline looks like it?s getting it?s act together:
    Good backlines win premierships.