Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  148
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Naughton's goal video checked in last minuted.
    Almost 90% of what Naughton did was horrible. We didn’t deserve it. Rowell and Ballard did what they want. The back of post rule is BS when the line is thinner than the post

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

Also, doesn’t it suck we need to play in Darwin. We need to play in Hobart. We need to play in Launceston. Do the Pies? Do the Blues? Do the Tigers?

We are already behind the curve ball with supporter numbers and they double down and hit us with a massive stick. I’m sick of it.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 28-05-2023 at 10:31 AM.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we went back to letting a team get a run on again . Can usually bank on it happening half way through the second until mid 3rd .
    Can’t say we aren’t consistent in that area .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointing loss. Apart from the first 7 minutes we were fumbly, inept at moving the ball and could not stick a tackle.

Goal kicking? Same old story. Kicking it inside 50? Very poor. Ball handling? They were a lot cleaner.

We may live to rue this lost opportunity.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    Almost 90% of what Naughton did was horrible. We didn’t deserve it. Rowell and Ballard did what they want. The back of post rule is BS when the line is thinner than the post
    The line between the goals and points is the same width as the padding.
    The curse is dead.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see how they pull up for next week. Not sure why they wouldn't do this game before the bye round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    And the flag sits in a pocket of the post outside the padding.
    Bring back the biff

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And the flag sits in a pocket of the post outside the line .
    And still part of the post. Not sure why this is an issue as its always been part of the post. It was a point as the replay proved.
    The curse is dead.

13. Likes bulldogtragic, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not mad. They played pretty shit but didn’t give up. Suns are cool and not terrible, not like we lost to Hawthorn or anything.

Just win next week and it’s all g.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    That hurts. Wasted great games from English, jones, baker, and all down to shit skill errors from us all night. Total failure to prevent Rowell running amok. Just a garbage game.
    English great game? He lost hits out by 30! Numerous times they went straight to Rowell

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the flags out of there this happens too often. I've seen it three times this season.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    English great game? He lost hits out by 30! Numerous times they went straight to Rowell
    English against good tap ruckman, his not a ruckman.

Jarrod witts has really come on. Its staggering he was delisted by the Pies. Only picked up because Eade was at the pies at that time, I believe.

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then the line is thicker in the goal square than anywhere else on the boundary or points. It’s obviously crossed the line fully anyway. Its BS anyway cos we didn’t deserve it

22. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And still part of the post. Not sure why this is an issue as its always been part of the post. It was a point as the replay proved.
    It's a bit of a quirk I guess as it's possible for the flag to be in a different position dependant on how its sitting in the cradle.
    However, I've got no problem that it's a point.

It the way she goes boys. The way she goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I get they're frustrating, but our worst players weren't the issue tonight. Our most highly paid players didn't do as much their most highly paid players and we lost because of it.
    Completely agree but I also think our inability to shut down Lukosius was as big a factor in the loss as anything. He beat O'Brien in a number of contests and did Gardiner cold once as well.

If O'Brien isn't intercepting in the air he really brings nothing to the side and is a defensive liability. I think he's had a solid year, but tonight was a big step backwards

25. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post