Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  148
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Also, doesn’t it suck we need to play in Darwin. We need to play in Hobart. We need to play in Launceston. Do the Pies? Do the Blues? Do the Tigers?

We are already behind the curve ball with supporter numbers and they double down and hit us with a bit massive stick. I’m sick of it.
    its not Carlton's fault they are shit... its the fixture! heyk, they don't get to travel as much as we do , the burden of being a big club.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    And still part of the post. Not sure why this is an issue as its always been part of the post. It was a point as the replay proved.
    I’m just saying the flag is not inside the line, personally I think if it hits the flag it’s a goal especially when the flag is actually at the back of the post.
    What happens if the goal umpire somehow doesn’t wrap it properly and the wind blows it around ? If it hits the actual flag blowing around it’s not a goal ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I blame Steven King.

He's too dangerous to be kept alive.

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Completely agree but I also think our inability to shut down Lukosius was as big a factor in the loss as anything. He beat O'Brien in a number of contests and did Gardiner cold once as well.

If O'Brien isn't intercepting in the air he really brings nothing to the side and is a defensive liability. I think he's had a solid year, but tonight was a big step backwards
    As I saw it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I’m just saying the flag is not inside the line, personally I think if it hits the flag it’s a goal especially when the flag is actually at the back of the post.
    What happens if the goal umpire somehow doesn’t wrap it properly and the wind blows it around ? If it hits the actual flag blowing around it’s not a goal ?
    Yep. That's the way it's always been.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Completely agree but I also think our inability to shut down Lukosius was as big a factor in the loss as anything. He beat O'Brien in a number of contests and did Gardiner cold once as well.

If O'Brien isn't intercepting in the air he really brings nothing to the side and is a defensive liability. I think he's had a solid year, but tonight was a big step backwards
    There was a reason the Hawks delisted him, and you pretty much summed up the 2 biggest ones.

1. his frustrating and does not play close enough , and poor body on body with his opponent
    2. he can't kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a bit of a quirk I guess as it's possible for the flag to be in a different position dependant on how its sitting in the cradle.
    However, I've got no problem that it's a point.

It the way she goes boys. The way she goes.
    It was probably the only umpiring decision that went their way tonight so all good.

9. Likes bulldogtragic, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor performance and likely to flow into next week given the conditions.

Think we had a decent chance and enough quality to go on and win it after Flea goaled after the siren. The run on they had, and us not cashing in when we got going killed whatever chance of sneaking out a win in a poor performance existed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep we gotta cop this loss and move on el pronto.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    There was a reason the Hawks delisted him, and you pretty much summed up the 2 biggest ones.

1. his frustrating and does not play close enough , and poor body on body with his opponent
    2. he can't kick.
    It is the reason he was let go by Hawks - his disposal and decision making is awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    It was probably the only umpiring decision that went their way tonight so all good.
    What was the 50/ goal to Williams for???
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Umpire had money on us.

Crazy decision.

Ask him to move back, then if he doesn't it's 50.

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The umpire's desire for a thrilling finish. That decision was ridiculous, would've been ropeable if I were a Suns fan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    English against good tap ruckman, his not a ruckman.

Jarrod witts has really come on. It’s staggering he was delisted by the Pies. Only picked up because Eade was at the pies at that time, I believe.
    It happen vs Carlton and wouldn’t call Pittonet a good tap ruck. Witts beat him in most stats except marks anyway

Post Thanks / Like

I felt we were a runner short all night. I would have brought one in for JOD.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

19. Likes JanLorMill, josie liked this post