Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  148
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

Gee it’s a savage crowd here sometimes.

We had key players down, yep, but I doubt they did so to personally antagonise Woof posters.

We didn’t make the most of our dominance..and most of the time we WERE dominant though being out scored! . It felt like the kind of night where when we executed desperate smothers the ball sat up for a Suns player. I thought our effort was ok as evidenced by the number of I50s. Our goal kicking is an ongoing frustration for sure. Agree the defence seemed to lack the chemistry and cohesion we’ve seen. Wondered if O’Donnell being down there interrupted that understanding of how to switch position and cover for each other. He hasn’t exactly had time to learn the role.

We have had a very tough set of matches in gruelling conditions. I didn’t see this as “good ole Bulldogs just didn’t turn up against a mediocre team.” It wasn’t attitude but execution. Though there’s something badly wrong with the way our forwards present and play, evident even in our wins!
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

2. Thanks Boots thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

I thought this game was like our structure regressing to that of the past few seasons.

Total dominance of inside 50s for little scoreboard impact. Hurt on the counter with the opposition having loads of space in their inside 50. Congested forwards 50 where we bomb it in all night. Non existent small forwards. Wayward shots on goal. Lazy passages from our mids. Not sure why it happened but it felt like watching one of our 2022 games.

4. Likes merantau, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If it hits the flag it's a point because the flags are part of the post for some silly reason. There's literally no reason why the flags need to be connected to the posts and part of them.
    Why the fudge do we even need flags for goal umpires?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Why the fudge do we even need flags for goal umpires?
    Stop it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha

So predictable. Loser culture that just invites losing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Gee it’s a savage crowd here sometimes.

We had key players down, yep, but I doubt they did so to personally antagonise Woof posters.

We didn’t make the most of our dominance..and most of the time we WERE dominant though being out scored! . It felt like the kind of night where when we executed desperate smothers the ball sat up for a Suns player. I thought our effort was ok as evidenced by the number of I50s. Our goal kicking is an ongoing frustration for sure. Agree the defence seemed to lack the chemistry and cohesion we’ve seen. Wondered if O’Donnell being down there interrupted that understanding of how to switch position and cover for each other. He hasn’t exactly had time to learn the role.

We have had a very tough set of matches in gruelling conditions. I didn’t see this as “good ole Bulldogs just didn’t turn up against a mediocre team.” It wasn’t attitude but execution. Though there’s something badly wrong with the way our forwards present and play, evident even in our wins!
    I think a lot of the frustration results from the last few weeks where when that smother happens and the ball is loose we've literally been all over it. We've defended assertively and stifled the ball in play/ loose ball. Jones was magnificent tonight but he didn't have enough mates and to be honest, Lukosius did get on the end of a couple of lucky ones but it's frustrating he was able to do that.

Also, while the intent at the footy was there, again, we were a bit ordinary without it compared to how we've been the past few weeks. They had 71 to 57 tackles tonight, and to me while that's concerning as a number in itself, it seems a bit off given we crowded the footy and left them on the outside more than we should have.

I do agree with you, however, we've had a really tough run of games and a lot of travel. We were ripe for the picking but a bit more organisation and concentration at the task at hand may have netted us another result and a spot in the top four, and we should be really upset/ annoyed about not achieving that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Hahaha

So predictable. Loser culture that just invites losing
    Hope this one made you feel better my man
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    It's the game day thread!!!

12. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust us to choke a ****in top 4 finish
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think a lot of the frustration results from the last few weeks where when that smother happens and the ball is loose we've literally been all over it. We've defended assertively and stifled the ball in play/ loose ball. Jones was magnificent tonight but he didn't have enough mates and to be honest, Lukosius did get on the end of a couple of lucky ones but it's frustrating he was able to do that.

Also, while the intent at the footy was there, again, we were a bit ordinary without it compared to how we've been the past few weeks. They had 71 to 57 tackles tonight, and to me while that's concerning as a number in itself, it seems a bit off given we crowded the footy and left them on the outside more than we should have.

I do agree with you, however, we've had a really tough run of games and a lot of travel. We were ripe for the picking but a bit more organisation and concentration at the task at hand may have netted us another result and a spot in the top four, and we should be really upset/ annoyed about not achieving that.
    Oh, I’m annoyed!

But even with all of the above, we were a Tim Obrien brain fade, or a few stray fibres on a flag, away from winning.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

Are you sure about that?
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes jeemak, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Thanks.

It was nice to release.it did feel predictable. I had to watch it on delay and also ended up skipping through it swiftly.

I’m very disappointed.

By next Thursday you know there’s no way in my mind we lose.

19. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried to follow the game on AFL app and it was difficult while moving around Paris.

All I can say is a lost opportunity with so many missed goals and stuffing up 2nd quarter.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it easier to process a loss if you're in Paris?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

22. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tried to follow the game on AFL app and it was difficult while moving around Paris.

All I can say is a lost opportunity with so many missed goals and stuffing up 2nd quarter.
    Enjoy mate sounds like you'll be able to move on pretty quickly.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.