Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  148
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Oh, I’m annoyed!

But even with all of the above, we were a Tim Obrien brain fade, or a few stray fibres on a flag, away from winning.
    My personal frustration is about what that loss means in the context of our season rather than because of the performance on the night.

We've dropped plenty of these winnable games in recent seasons and have come to regret it down the line. I hope this isn't the loss that consigns us to fifth on percentage or means we miss the 8 altogether.

We smacked them in most key indicators and had huge amounts of momentum but our inability to put that on the scoreboard compounded the feeling that this is one that got away.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R11 2023 Sat 27/5, 7:25PM - TIO Stadium, Darwin

WE didn't handle the conditions as well as the Suns who have been playing good footy this year and I think if you under estimate them they will get you.
    I think they would have given us a run for our money in Ballarat also don't forget their summer training would also be in very humid conditions so they may have also had an edge.
    It very hard these days to keep rolling on and keep winning as we have seen in the round so far my tips are down the toilet.
    Lets see how we back it up next round.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    WE didn't handle the conditions as well as the Suns who have been playing good footy this year and I think if you under estimate them they will get you.
    I think they would have given us a run for our money in Ballarat also don't forget their summer training would also be in very humid conditions so they may have also had an edge.
    It very hard these days to keep rolling on and keep winning as we have seen in the round so far my tips are down the toilet.
    Lets see how we back it up next round.
    I think they were better at the source and got cleaner forward entries. Our mids weren’t able to find space like theirs. Bont seems to be less dynamic than few weeks ago, unfortunately all the grunt work may have left him hobbled even though he was still a decent contributor. The guy with spread (smith) was well down I wonder if he was I’d identified as a guy to stop.

Rowell killed us in that second half one of the great mid performances I’ve seen. Keep eating grass son.

Lukosius was so clean in the conditions he is a fantastic player.

Those two were the stand outs and ultimate difference.

Maybe we should rest Bont for the North game before the bye so he gets a decent break.

6. Likes macca, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the highlights. Seriously. How many soft goals did we give up?

Stoppage goals where we let them exit the front without pressure. Losing 1 on 1s we should have at a minimum halved. Easy balls over the back into space. Fumbles in our D50. Missing targets coming out of D50. TOB kicking up the guts with nearly three minutes left on the clock. Goals we have not given up in the last few weeks.

We had 18 more inside 50s. Four more shots on goal. 43 more possessions. 25 more marks. We won three quarters of football. Doesn't look like a profile to lose game. But when you concede so many soft goals you are always going to be in trouble. Interesting to hear Bevo mention in the presser that our defence did not hold up as well as in previous weeks.

8. Likes macca, kruder, Boots, DOG GOD, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Stop it.
    This is the hill I choose to die on.

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If loosing last night means we are 1% more likely to beat Geelong, I'm all for it. It's time we beat those bloody cats and get back on the horse quickly, the next two games will define our season.

12. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

Stoppage goals where we let them exit the front without pressure. Losing 1 on 1s we should have at a minimum halved. Easy balls over the back into space. Fumbles in our D50. Missing targets coming out of D50. TOB kicking up the guts with nearly three minutes left on the clock. Goals we have not given up in the last few weeks.

We had 18 more inside 50s. Four more shots on goal. 43 more possessions. 25 more marks. You win three quarters of football. Doesn't look like a profile to lose game. But when you concede so many soft goals you are always going to be in trouble.
    This post perfectly encapsulates my frustrations last night. The sloppy execution wasn’t as annoying as the failure to hold them accountable, and it really counted in the second quarter, which we lost badly. I had hoped the 3q games were behind us.

14. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    If loosing last night means we are 1% more likely to beat Geelong, I'm all for it. It's time we beat those bloody cats and get back on the horse quickly, the next two games will define our season.
    Itd be nice but I just don't see it. We can never beat them at the best of times, but now add in 3 losses in a row for them and we are coming back from Darwin. At least it's at Marvel but I've got a bad feeling about this game. I think it might get ugly.

However if we do win, I think it'd be quite a monumental victory for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs had nine scoring shots to three in the last quarter. Bulldogs win the quarter by 10 points.

Suns have six scoring shots to two in the second quarter. Suns win the quarter by 24 points.

17. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Itd be nice but I just don't see it. We can never beat them at the best of times, but now add in 3 losses in a row for them and we are coming back from Darwin. At least it's at Marvel but I've got a bad feeling about this game. I think it might get ugly.

However if we do win, I think it'd be quite a monumental victory for us.
    one thing that gives me hope is that in this loss, we didn’t give up. We came back hard in the fourth quarter and it was only their younger players’ energy that saved them. In the past we’ve dropped off in q4 against Geelong and that’s one thing that does seem to be dropping out of our games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's the game day thread!!!
    So what?

Post Thanks / Like

We had 18 more inside 50s. Four more shots on goal. 43 more possessions. 25 more marks. We won three quarters of football. Doesn't look like a profile to lose game. But when you concede so many soft goals you are always going to be in trouble. Interesting to hear Bevo mention in the presser that our defence did not hold up as well as in previous weeks.
    Similarly relying upon the highlights. Too hard on O'Brien's kick down the middle, the game had to be won and the target was Bont, who spilled the mark. It looked like Suns were able to get out of our forward 50s easily, particularly given the imbalance in forward 50 entries. Someone mentioned selfishness among our forwards, they all want to fly for marks or lead but still underperform defensively.

Post Thanks / Like

Could not watch tonight. Someone please explain how you lose a game when inside 50s are 48-65?
    Getting the ball inside forward 50 is one thing, scoring and keeping it in is another. Our forwards don't work hard enough defensively.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't subscribe to the theory of 'well Gold coast are actually OK'.

We're all in this year. It's Premiership or bust. It's top 4 or another failure. Under no circumstances do I accept a loss to a club who has won about 20 games in their entire history.
    W00F!

23. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we all on board the Naughton back train now?

I would've made the move at half time.

He was sooooo bad.

Although he mightve got in Jones' way

Marra is a natural forward he gets in good spots.

Chef - it's time.

25. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post