Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  270
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R24 2023 Sat 26/8, 7:25PM - GMHBA Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Would this be the first supporters forum in history to go into meltdown if we made finals?
    I mean I'll be pretty bummed if we win this week and the Blues pay it forward for us and we are subjected to another week of eker us bumbling around the G in another EF shit show. Sure.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I mean I'll be pretty bummed if we win this week and the Blues pay it forward for us and we are subjected to another week of eker us bumbling around the G in another EF shit show. Sure.
    In the years of the final five and twelve teams you needed to be in the top ~42% to make finals. Now in the years of the final eight with eighteen teams, making it means you need to be in the top ~44%. Not a lot of difference and even if it seems bumbling it's still a reflection of where you are in the scheme of things.

With a ridiculous fixture that is so full of noise making finals in this day and age is actually a really good achievement. It might not be the one you want, but it is what it is.

But unlike other competitions that have even draws, the fixture makes the first couple of weeks of finals a bit unpredictable and offers teams the chance to play some good football at the pointy end and extend what they've shown in the regular/ home and away season. And we should be wanting that for our club.

I'm not kidding myself about how disappointing this season has been, however, I do think we have shown enough to finish the season in the finals and good enough to win a final - if we can get it together. The second half of the season has been a downer, though I'd consider any success over the next few weeks a massive positive and something to launch from.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Would this be the first supporters forum in history to go into meltdown if we made finals?
    If we make it, we make it …such a roller coaster of a season and it’s worn me (and many others) out.

We’re no where near where we should be, but after Rd.2 it’s probably as expected.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We will win this week, but I am betting so will GWS.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We will win this week, but I am betting so will GWS.
    The bookies will give you $3.50 for that occurrence.

8. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The bookies will give you $3.50 for that occurrence.
    Pretty good odds
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If we make it, we make it …such a roller coaster of a season and it’s worn me (and many others) out.

We’re no where near where we should be, but after Rd.2 it’s probably as expected.
    Actually considering where we were at the end of round 2, it is remarkable that we are this close.

However, if you take your line as round 10 it is disgraceful that a win this week is not to guarantee top 4.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see us breaking the hoodoo on current form. I'm really surprised so many are thinking we will win this.

Beating the premiers on their home ground where we haven't won for 20 years to make finals! Nice Bulldogs, nice.

Cats are depleted however I still think they're stronger than WCE.

Cats by 20
    BOG Brownlow Bont
    FG Marra

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the players have more enthusiasm that Bevo did at his press conference or were stuffed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny the snakeman View Post
    I hope the players have more enthusiasm that Bevo did at his press conference or were stuffed.
    I watched the video at 1.25 speed and he seemed really buoyant.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes Grantysghost, GVGjr, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was the most uninspired Bevo has sounded this campaign... the year we have had has certainly worn on him and only Bevo knows if he has the fire in the belly to go again but based on his demeanor over the past 4-6 weeks, I have my doubts.

Post Thanks / Like

The club app just told me it's game day - tap for all the info ahead of tonight's massive clash against the cats.

I hope someone tells the players about the change!

Post Thanks / Like

It was the most uninspired Bevo has sounded this campaign... the year we have had has certainly worn on him and only Bevo knows if he has the fire in the belly to go again but based on his demeanor over the past 4-6 weeks, I have my doubts.
    Yeah the last two weeks were extremely puzzling . His body language or speech doesn’t seem to match a coach who should be up and about for a big game . Something is up . Seems to have changed the week Smithy was released from coaching.
    Is there a correlation ? I don’t know but something changed that week in enthusiasm
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched it, boy he did seem flat.

He's going to talk to the boys and identify with the power in the room? He's finally taken my advice and is harnessing the powers of the occult.

Post Thanks / Like

He sounded sick.